Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RAINCOAST wants BLACK BEAR HUNTING BAN

Re: RAINCOAST wants BLACK BEAR HUNTING BAN

Leadership, or do you mean dictatorship?

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    We had better recruit some leadership.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltbullken View Post
    Hunters better be ready to oppose steps to roll back hunting activity in BC. I am. We may need to get really noisy very soon.
    And we can start by not shopping at MEC. Follow the money. MEC supports Raincoast. I've been saying this for a long time. Have a look at the grants MEC gives out.There are a number of members here that are to stupid to figure that one out.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

What gets me is the worthlessness of their "academic" work. If you want to see the kind of junk they publish check out "Why men trophy hunt" in Biology Letters (a bottom tier open access journal). Apparently we're just "showing off": it's their opinion that targeting a big animal and passing over smaller ones has nothing to do with wanting to prolong the hunt, seeking a greater challenge, or selecting the oldest animal. The author (Chris Darimont) thinks we just want to look good on Instagram.

This is not a study, this is not science, at best it's poor social science. If Chris Darimont and Raincoast actually want to learn something about hunters, maybe they should talk to hunters. I'd be happy to tell them why I hunt and I'd be interested to hear why they seem to hate hunting, although I think I already know the answer. Maybe I'll write it up and submit it to Biology Letters for publication--they seem to be willing to pass off anyone's opinion as peer reviewed literature.
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    You do have your personal problems and it's obvious.
    Do you really think it was a dictatorship or was it really just that the fed had someone that could see the big picture. It seemed to me that while the BCWF was under "dictatorship" that stakeholders were moving ahead on common ground that benefitted all.
    Since the "dictatorship" came to an end its become pretty damn obvious that the fed has gone back to the old mode of personal vendettas and taking up the rally cry on allocation.
    It strikes me as being damn funny that several days after the grizzly bear announcement there has still not been a written statement regarding the Feds stance on the NDP's decision to make grizzlies a meat only hunt.
    It doesn't take too many brain cells to figure out that with the grizzly rule change we just lost 2 or 3 times what allocation shifted.
    Lost.......Troy......like in gone.

Driving a wedge accomplishes F all

Results are clear on how much gets accomplished divided

Yes, it's all me.

Is this how it's going to be? Just like the NDP is getting blamed for the shit left behind by the Liberals, you are blaming the new administration at the BCWF for the shit left behind by your pal. You know who I'm talking about, the mouse who's whispering in your ear.

One guy mentions allocation, and it's a "rally cry" by the Fed?

Are you on the email mailing list? A statement was sent out yesterday.

How have we lost? The "GBR" hunt? The writing was on the wall for that one long before the election. Other than that, my brain cell count must be low.

Still waiting for you to answer Chipman's questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    You do have your personal problems and it's obvious.
    Do you really think it was a dictatorship or was it really just that the fed had someone that could see the big picture. It seemed to me that while the BCWF was under "dictatorship" that stakeholders were moving ahead on common ground that benefitted all.
    Since the "dictatorship" came to an end its become pretty damn obvious that the fed has gone back to the old mode of personal vendettas and taking up the rally cry on allocation.
    It strikes me as being damn funny that several days after the grizzly bear announcement there has still not been a written statement regarding the Feds stance on the NDP's decision to make grizzlies a meat only hunt.
    It doesn't take too many brain cells to figure out that with the grizzly rule change we just lost 2 or 3 times what allocation shifted.
    Lost.......Troy......like in gone.

Uhhhh..... who is the one pointing fingers at the lack of leadership?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Driving a wedge accomplishes F all

Results are clear on how much gets accomplished divided

Uhhhh..... who is the one pointing fingers at the lack of leadership?
    Might be good for all organizations since the present seem to have issues and bad blood

I would say yes as hunters we lack unity and solid leadership overall

rather than keep trying to defend or blame anyone or any orginization it might be time to go the way hunters are presently dealing with things is failing

I got no love or hate for either orginization but I sure get screwed as a hunter by the BS between them

Lots of hunters are sick of the BS fighting and F all getting done

Not even 4 hours and shit is flying on HBC. Don't make me start banning people! You guys are fighting in the wrong direction. The enemy will win easily if we shoot ourselves first!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

the Raincoast people will not stop with balck bears either. They have no revenue coming in unless they have a cause.