Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: RAINCOAST wants BLACK BEAR HUNTING BAN

Re: RAINCOAST wants BLACK BEAR HUNTING BAN

If everyone put the trolls on ignore, they would eventually go away.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    When did I ever say anything in support of the bear hunting ban?
    Please show me the evidence of me being anti beat hunt please?
    You haven't ventured an opinion, despite being asked explocitly for it several times. You use the same argumentative strategy as antis when you slip direct questions and hammer on one point where you feel you have traction, despite a lack of understanding. Sure, that's not direct evidence that you're anti hunting, but it is suspicious.

But now's your chance: give us your opinion of the Article in question, the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation, and tell us the about some of your past hunts?
    Last edited by TreeStandMan; 08-20-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

So what is my agenda??
    Somewhat like Weavers was to Use and Abuse the HBC Hunter -Fisherman ! LOL jmo RJ

Quote Originally Posted by TreeStandMan View Post
    You use the same argumentative strategy .... Sure, that's not direct evidence that you're anti hunting, but it is suspicious.

But now's your chance: give us your opinion of the Article in question, the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation, and tell us the about some of your past hunts?
    Oh the same argument technique, meaning actually talking about the subject that I was commenting on (i.e. Biology Letters), and not trying to distract from that by asking wide open questions and interrogation? I certainly don't do that you are correct. And if that is what suffices for evidence that I'm an anti-hunter somehow (despite never having a single posts that denigrated any hunt), well I'm certainly dubious to your ability to judge the value of particular science journals or scientific evidence, because that is weak.

... in Biology Letters (a bottom tier open access journal).

Maybe I'll write it up and submit it to Biology Letters for publication--they seem to be willing to pass off anyone's opinion as peer reviewed literature.
    Biology Letters, however, is not a high quality journal. I'm not sure about the source for your ranking (maybe Web of Science, which I don't have access to), but SCImago shows Biology Letters has less than 3 citations per document over two years, its number of cited documents is falling and the number of uncited documents is rising, and its total number of cites has declined yearly over the last three years. Its H index is 83, which is hard to benchmark without comparing it to other journals with similar publication histories, but this seems low to me given this journal has been publishing since 2005.

This is all a distraction,
    The only thing that is a distraction, is your pivoting towards attacking me after I demonstrated evidence that Biology Letters is a fairly good journal, and lots of the evidence supporting sustainability of various hunts is published in journals of much lower quality. So by accusing the paper of having no value based on the fact that you believe Biology Letters is subpar, you are basically saying that a vast majority of the literature on hunting sustainability also have no value.
    A conclusion I would never make.

You haven't ventured an opinion, despite being asked explocitly for it several times.
    Go back and look at Post #127 and you can see a pretty "explocit" [sic] answer.

Again great distraction and way to get out of the only point I was debating:

Because you refused to address any of the points I've made, and are now switching the subject/pivoting so that you don't have to defend your opinion that Biology Letters is a bad journal despite it ranking higher than journals where important research is being used and promoted (ex. Journal of Wildlife Management).

So why should I answer a question that has nothing to do with the point you made or my disagreement with. I shouldn't, except for the fact that you hope that it can allow you to paint me in light of some anti-hunter somehow and switch the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I use my considerable resources and abilities making a difference in life and for wildlife, things that count.
    I accuse you of nothing Jassmine, just stating the obvious.
    That certainly sounds like an accusation as does this:

Yup, just a Mole trolling.
    And this implying that I don't hunt:

While you waste time with your endless copy and paste that has absolutely ZERO impact on anything, others will enjoy our sport and contribute to wildlife thru their efforts.
    And this:

You tell us.
    You are on a hunting site yet you don't participate in the actual sport.
    But thank you for taking your considerable resources and ability and personally accusing me of some agenda that you have no evidence to support and instead resort to personal attacks :

Jassmine, I am sure I am not the only one that cant help but notice you have a very skewed agenda with your time and efforts on HBC.
    You tell us.
    And I'm sorry that you believe my making a point about the quality of a scientific journal is of no value. I thought the tide was turning with more people supporting more accuracy in their science or statements regarding science, but you have simply atacked me for making a point about my disagreement about the quality of a scientific journal. But if you agree with TreeStandMan that Biology Letters is a low quality journal, and journals with metrics lower are as bad if not worst (ex. Journal of Wildlife Biology), I'm sorry I couldn't convince you otherwise since many of the best hunting management journal articles are in journals with lower metrics than Biology Letters.

So wait Jassmine...you don't hunt? Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy View Post
    So wait Jassmine...you don't hunt? Is that correct?
    I hunt tons, it's just baseless accusations. I'm cleaning the rimfire I use for rabbits as we speak.
    I've even posted questions regarding looking for places to bring my dog for rabbit hunting, and searches for quick deer day hunts near the metro area.

But because I don't agree with every particular statement someone makes, I guess I'm an anti-hunter and detriment to the site according to some people. Despite the fact that I was simply telling them in the Biology community, Biology Letters is a good journal to be published in.

Thanks for clarifying the fact that you hunt.

The subsequent information you provided was not relevant to my question, but point taken.

Thank you for your response.