Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: RAINCOAST wants BLACK BEAR HUNTING BAN

Pemby_mess Guest

Re: RAINCOAST wants BLACK BEAR HUNTING BAN

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    The difference is that a rig hand actually WORKS for their $$$, where as these dumb asses just sit back and let the sheeple fill their pockets while spewing BS every once and while to the masses to make more $$$. Sheeple see as sheeple do and these eco freak NYMBY's just feed the sheeple enough BS to keep them miss informed and the $$$ rolling in. Have not met an a rig hand yet that works like these idiots do!!!

Cheers

SS
    Try raising some money for something some time. Asking people for money day in and day out isn't a cakewalk by any means. I'd take time on the rigs any day if I wanted easy stress free money. (I've done both).

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    You should probably read the financials in more detail as there is lots of information available on RainCoast. There are all kinds of jobs that make more than $80k a year, most of them actually have to work for it! RainCoast execs sit in a cushy office in Sidney BC and publish propaganda to negatively affect hunters, local or guided while collecting money from the sheeple for their cause of which appox .64 cents of every dollar ends up in their pockets as wages and compensation or consulting fees. The rest goes to office supplies, rent, uncategorised expenses, transportation and consulting fees. Not sure what, if anything is making it's way back to the bears aside from their original purchase of a guiding concession several years ago, which didn't really help any bears and it's my understanding that they fundraised separately for it's purchase.

Pacific Wild is another but Ian M. uses Tides Canada as a shield so the financials aren't public and he won't reveal any information regarding his salary or compensation (I've asked).

If either group (RainCoast/PacificWild) truly cared about the bears they'd probably contribute more of their revenue towards "education" instead they spend a lot on "wages" and "advertising" and "office expenses". They would also understand that these bears have economic value to both hunters and tourism (it's all tourism) and the more economic value the bears have, the more money and manpower could be available. I don't see hunters trying to shut down bear viewing operations.

MOST of the areas Grizzly Bears inhabit and are hunted in BC do not interfere with local bear viewing operations. The two industries should be able to co-exist and everybody including the bears win.
    OK, that's all plausible, I suppose. I still think its a big assumption to suggest they don't do any work. You might not agree with the type of work they do, but that's an other matter. From what I saw, courtesy of a recent poster, is that it's an organization with 6 people and a million in revenue. That's pretty small potatoes as any organization goes. Seem's like they're certainly effective enough with that revenue, if they can manage put such a bee in the collective bonnet of BC hunters.

Perhaps, they can teach hunter advocates something?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Exactly, let's work together.......is the BCWF going to issue a press release in response to this, considering the amount of resident hunters who support the BCWF???...and maybe we can get the other wildlife organizations that are hunter supported, even the GOABC, to all join and respond as one clear unified voice on the importance of pred hunting in BC..
    The fed has put out a response....I'm surprised Goat Guy hasn't posted it for all on here to see.

Wow! Lots of opinions flying today. Although its not entirely constructive, it is nice to see the passion.

My first question would be to be to curly top - where did you see this posted about wanting to stop the black bear hunt? Always nice to see a link/direct quote to confirm.

2nd thought/point would be that although Raincoast does raise a lot of cash fundraising, the vast majority of their bank roll comes from a philanthropist under the title of the Tula Foundation. Let's just say their coin won't dry up anytime soon.

3rd - good luck if they try to stop black bear hunting (if true), or sheep, etc. Black bear hunting may not be the most popular avenue for hunters to cut a tag, but it would difficult to imagine the general population (and politicians) getting on board for a ban on black bear hunting. Alternatively, if anyone was surprised about this weeks decision (whether you agree or not) then maybe its time to crawl out from under that rock and check in with the pulse of the several million BC voters.

guest Guest

On a Grizzly Bear pod cast wth CBC radio, Dr. Weaver, Raincoast, and BCWF Resident priority speaker J. Zeeman. Aug 15/17 22 minute mark approx.

Rep from Raincoast stated, it's in their agenda. To stop black Bear Hunting, if thus is the start, where will it end. Rats, squirrels, crows, Black tail deer, Sheep, Elk?

Time to be heard folks ....... For all you that sit speechless, and don't get involved in saving your heritage ..... It's about time you got off your back sides before many say, we told you so.

our traditions have never been so threatened as they are today.
    Last edited by guest; 08-17-2017 at 10:58 PM.

You sure are full of it today. One of the last guys you should be taking shots at is Jesse. Seriously, the last....

Good to see you finally made some comments in regards to guide outfitters and their contribution to trail building. Still hard for me to see a net benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    The fed has put out a response....I'm surprised Goat Guy hasn't posted it for all on here to see.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Thanks curly top. Will definitely have a listen. That's just crazy talk!

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    On a pod cast wth CBC radio, Dr. Weaver, Raincoast, and BCWF Resident priority speaker J. Zeeman.

Rep from Raincoast stated, it's in their agenda. To stop black Bear Hunting, if thus is the start, where will it end. Rats, squirrels, crows, Black tail deer, Sheep, Elk?

Time to be heard folks ....... For all you that sit speechless, and don't get involved in saving your heritage ..... It's about time you got off your back sides before many say, we told you so.

our traditions have never been so threatened as they are today.
    It's been a long time coming with all this social liberalization. All of it helped us get here, everything served as a buffer to hold back social justice warriors from affecting us.

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to support the alt-right, just to keep the greenies out of the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by TreeStandMan View Post
    Biology Letters (a bottom tier open access journal).
    Open access is a great thing and more journals should follow suit.
    It is also ranked 17 out of the 84 commonly submitted to Biology journals.
    Which is pretty fantastic as most academics rarely have the opportunity to published on the top 7 or 8

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    Open access is a great thing and more journals should follow suit.
    It is also ranked 17 out of the 84 commonly submitted to Biology journals.
    Which is pretty fantastic as most academics rarely have the opportunity to published on the top 7 or 8
    Bazzinga!!! Sheldon, is that you?? K

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    You sure are full of it today. One of the last guys you should be taking shots at is Jesse. Seriously, the last....

Good to see you finally made some comments in regards to guide outfitters and their contribution to trail building. Still hard for me to see a net benefit.
    Give it a rest.
    Out of curiosity....what have you personally done as a contribution to the betterment of habitat and wildlife.
    Yapping off on the Internet or sitting on your ass while you chair a committee that demands more access to wildlife that is already suffering from too much access doesn't count for much in my eyes.
    But what do I know.