Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: RAINCOAST wants BLACK BEAR HUNTING BAN

Re: RAINCOAST wants BLACK BEAR HUNTING BAN

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    That certainly sounds like an accusation as does this:

And this implying that I don't hunt:

And this:

But thank you for taking your considerable resources and ability and personally accusing me of some agenda that you have no evidence to support and instead resort to personal attacks :

And I'm sorry that you believe my making a point about the quality of a scientific journal is of no value. I thought the tide was turning with more people supporting more accuracy in their science or statements regarding science, but you have simply atacked me for making a point about my disagreement about the quality of a scientific journal. But if you agree with TreeStandMan that Biology Letters is a low quality journal, and journals with metrics lower are as bad if not worst (ex. Journal of Wildlife Biology), I'm sorry I couldn't convince you otherwise since many of the best hunting management journal articles are in journals with lower metrics than Biology Letters.
    I make no reference to your journal position, could care less.
    I made a direct statement ......you are waste of time and a liability to this site.
    I, and many others I'm sure, stand behind that statement.

Here's the thirty thousand foot view Jassmine....
    Wildlife and habitat are headed south with no accepted plan of action, political will, or funding.
    You continue to play ping pong with members down in the minutiae thinking your opinion is of value and will change the thinking of others.
    You remind me of my sister in-law......never shuts up, can't make an attempted point and move on.

What boots do you wear or prefer?
    What kind of pack do you sport?
    Sleeping bag?
    Tent?
    Bed mat?
    Knife?
    Favorite wild game to eat and recipe?
    Best hunting experience?
    Farthest you have packed game out?
    Favorite area to hunt and why?
    Favorite species of game to hunt?
    What outdoor lifestyle clubs or organizations do you actively support?
    Who do you hunt with?
    What is your weapon of choice.
    Do you support the current funding model for wildlife that has been platformed?

I can go on and on and on.

You go on spending 99.99999% of your energy on the .00001% that will make no difference in the grand scheme of things.

As stated before, you are liability on HBC

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    You go on spending 99.99999% of your energy on the .00001% that will make no difference in the grand scheme of things.

As stated before, you are liability on HBC
    I'm terribly sorry that you don't think the evaluation of scientific journals, where the scientific basis for wildlife management gets published, is of importance.
    I disagree and believe science based decision making is of the utmost importance. Ensuring science is at the forefront and ensuring a proper understanding of the science is the reason I conduct science.

My comment is just an intuitive overall feeling I get from the total sum of your posts. Tell us your name, and I'm sure the accusations will cease. My name is Troy Halliday.....
    When did I ever say anything in support of the bear hunting ban?
    Please show me the evidence of me being anti beat hunt please?
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

I'm terribly sorry that you don't think the evaluation of scientific journals, where the scientific basis for wildlife management gets published, is of importance.
    I disagree and believe science based decision making is of the utmost importance. Ensuring science is at the forefront and ensuring a proper understanding of the science is the reason I conduct science.
    I never stated that science based decision making isn't of importance.
    To the contrary...the proposed funding model would want all decisions and project funding to be science based and by highly qualified individuals.
    Arguing in the weeds over trivial details only serves your self interest of debate.

Wait, maybe you are my sister in-law!?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Well this has gone in the shitter, Ourea, i love your posts. Ole Jassy reminds me of a environmental engineer i had the displeasure of training in my field as an environmental consultant. He had a answer for everything, had never accomplished anything in his life except a 5 yr degree. He was telling me how he had negotiated a wage package for 90 days, 6 months, 1 year all with big increases. I said Knob (real name was Rob but after half an hr of working with him i gave him the name knob) if i was you i would concentrate on making the 90 days, long story short he didn't make the 90 days. A month later i run into another consulting firm and ole Knob comes out of the van, i say to the guys how is Knob making out, they start to laugh at the name and tell me he isn't. He didn't make his 90 days there either and to this day has worked in the patch as a first aid attendant. Nothing pisses me off more than having to listen to someone who tells you how smart they are and haven't pissed a drop in the real world, now back to the subject at hand, oh and Hi Troy, your buddy Mike

Conservation officer service statistics for 2017:
    Black bears killed by CO's to end of July - 256 (approx 8000 calls)
    "Killed by other" - 57
    We still have autumn on the way...

If they want lower the number of bears killed, start with education and habitat reclamation.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Well this has gone in the shitter, Ourea, i love your posts. Ole Jassy reminds me of a environmental engineer i had the displeasure of training in my field as an environmental consultant. He had a answer for everything, had never accomplished anything in his life except a 5 yr degree. He was telling me how he had negotiated a wage package for 90 days, 6 months, 1 year all with big increases. I said Knob (real name was Rob but after half an hr of working with him i gave him the name knob) if i was you i would concentrate on making the 90 days, long story short he didn't make the 90 days. A month later i run into another consulting firm and ole Knob comes out of the van, i say to the guys how is Knob making out, they start to laugh at the name and tell me he isn't. He didn't make his 90 days there either and to this day has worked in the patch as a first aid attendant. Nothing pisses me off more than having to listen to someone who tells you how smart they are and haven't pissed a drop in the real world, now back to the subject at hand, oh and Hi Troy, your buddy Mike
    I learned in life and in business, there are two types of people......talkers and doers.
    The talkers never shut up long enough to get anything of importance done as they endlessly discuss useless trivia and are always trying to justify their opinions and perspective.
    Meanwhile, the doers are too busy getting shit done to waste any time listening to them.

I also learned that when you throw the keys to the shop to those that sound like they know better than everyone else....well..... they don'y have a clue how to run it, they are dead in the water.
    Last edited by Ourea; 08-20-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Time to put her on the ignore list. Like Jelvis (although he can be mildly entertaing once in a while) she's a complete waste of time
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

So

...We now return you to our regular programming. "Raincoast wants Black Bear Ban".

That was one long intermission...errrr...interruption...or what ever the heck that was!!??

In the spirit of "returning to our regular programming", I for one believe that Raincoast will try to stop hunting and fishing and what ever else offends them, one topic at a time...death by a million small cuts.

I never stated that science based decision making isn't of importance.
    To the contrary...the proposed funding model would want all decisions and project funding to be science based and by highly qualified individuals.
    Well it certainly sounds as though you don't care about science all that much. Because you're quite eager to engage in ad hominem attacks against me simply because I disagreed with a members assertion that a particular scientific journal was of low quality.

Arguing in the weeds over trivial details only serves your self interest of debate.
    Again, I'm sorry that you don't feel like the discussion of scientific article publication is of importance. But I disagree and believe that researchers should do their all to ensure that their research reaches the necessary stakeholders and is open access with transparent methodology. The selection of journals is pivotal to these goals.

I learned in life and in business, there are two types of people......talkers and doers.
    The talkers never shut up long enough to get anything of importance done as they endlessly discuss useless trivia and are always trying to justify their opinions and perspective.
    The vast majority of science is minutia (data transformations, statistical modeling, distribution selection, table and graph formatting), those are indeed the boring parts of science, but necessary for it to be conducted properly. If you think all scientist are talkers and don't do anything of importance, again I have to disagree and think that those interested at all levels (undergraduate research assistants, graduate students, technicians and PIs) work pretty darn hard with most sacrificing the opportunity to do other jobs, and actually get paid, because they enjoy science and their topic of study.