Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: RAINCOAST wants BLACK BEAR HUNTING BAN

Re: RAINCOAST wants BLACK BEAR HUNTING BAN

[I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to support the alt-right, just to keep the greenies out of the spotlight. QUOTE from Surrey Boy]

Actually Surrey Boy, I can't think of any possible reason to support the alt-right and its worth making that very clear.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the vast majority of funds for Raincoast come from foreigners. Thus foreigners influencing BC political policy.

Some believe my contributions are minimal, while others have witnessed myself work a great amount directed at a cause that I believe is most necessary. The problem is, some are of the belief that my work is unnecessary as it is not directly related to conservation and wildlife. In general terms, I'm doing what I believe needs to be done to get things back on track.

You are mistaken. I am no longer the access chair for the provincial board. I resigned shortly after the AGM. For what it's worth, I never made any demands for more access, and I was and still am very cognizant of the termendous amount access available to resident hunters, especially ORV access. No doubt it's a huge issue that demands a great deal of thought.

What do you know? Not much apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Give it a rest.
    Out of curiosity....what have you personally done as a contribution to the betterment of habitat and wildlife.
    Yapping off on the Internet or sitting on your ass while you chair a committee that demands more access to wildlife that is already suffering from too much access doesn't count for much in my eyes.
    But what do I know.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pursuit View Post

Actually Surrey Boy, I can't think of any possible reason to support the alt-right and its worth making that very clear.
    Compromising alliances are often made. Solidarity sure helps the Left, we ought to give it a thought.

How bad can it be to consider it?

Coastal First Nations got the grizzly hunt restricted. Why not play them against white nationalists, which leaves hunters unharassed? It makes us look wholesome while they destroy each other. I think it's smart politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I've never encountered a group of folks who feel as sorry for themselves as the majority of crybabies on this site. Anger, violent comments, lashing-out; I've seen it all the last few days. I've seen some reasoned comments, but the vast majority seem to preach to the converted with the same mediocre arguments. Arguments that neither address the rationale behind this legislation, nor the fact that the larger community does indeed have the right to determine what is deemed acceptable behaviour within our province.

What I haven't seen are comments that demonstrate a willingness to build bridges with decision makers and the general public. Between the tantrums, conspiracy theories, and inability to respect the views of others, I seriously doubt that any solutions will be generated by the HBC crowd.

yawn...you guys are boring me.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I've never encountered a group of folks who feel as sorry for themselves as the majority of crybabies on this site. Anger, violent comments, lashing-out; I've seen it all the last few days. I've seen some reasoned comments, but the vast majority seem to preach to the converted with the same mediocre arguments.Arguments that neither address the rationale behind this legislation, nor the fact that the larger community does indeed have the right to determine what is deemed acceptable behaviour within our province.

What I haven't seen are comments that demonstrate a willingness to build bridges with decision makers and the general public. Between the tantrums, conspiracy theories, and inability to respect the views of others, I seriously doubt that any solutions will be generated by the HBC crowd.

yawn...you guys are boring me.
    I doubt you are bored and you have indeed laid your plans deep, I call that guile, or full of guile, attacking a law abiding, peaceful group of sportsman and traditionalists who are frankly, innocent of any wrong doing.
    What do you expect? you are bringing it.
    You expect reasonable comments? You cant reason with the unreasonable desires of the majority of people, many are remote from the reality of the hunting community at large, where are your concessions and bridge building?

With your logic...."Nor the fact that the larger community does indeed have the right to determine what is acceptable behaviour within our province." would/could mean we in BC would pay no taxes, there would be no section 35 rights for the rights bearing communities within our province. Therefore these rights are protected by our vary constitution because the dominant people of this province dont like any of these things, a dream come true for one group to dominate another, thats not how it works.

Why do you people even respond to Island Moron and Wolfdown, it is wasted time you will never get back. I would however like to see all of their hunting pics, i am sure they are awesome

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    It's been a long time coming with all this social liberalization. All of it helped us get here, everything served as a buffer to hold back social justice warriors from affecting us.

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to support the alt-right, just to keep the greenies out of the spotlight.
    And make it even easier to demonize hunters? Divide the hunting community even further?

The antidote to an extremist political movement is not an equal and opposite extreme position. Hunters need apolitical representation. Here people are bemoaning a policy that seems to have no basis in reality but for it's political convenience. Yet you want to align yourself with an equally silly, ignorant ideology under the pretense of supporting common sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Some believe my contributions are minimal, while others have witnessed myself work a great amount directed at a cause that I believe is most necessary. The problem is, some are of the belief that my work is unnecessary as it is not directly related to conservation and wildlife. In general terms, I'm doing what I believe needs to be done to get things back on track.

You are mistaken. I am no longer the access chair for the provincial board. I resigned shortly after the AGM. For what it's worth, I never made any demands for more access, and I was and still am very cognizant of the termendous amount access available to resident hunters, especially ORV access. No doubt it's a huge issue that demands a great deal of thought.

What do you know? Not much apparently.
    I can pretty much imagine what you think your "necessary cause" is.
    But then what do I know.....not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    And make it even easier to demonize hunters? Divide the hunting community even further?

The antidote to an extremist political movement is not an equal and opposite extreme position. Hunters need apolitical representation. Here people are bemoaning a policy that seems to have no basis in reality but for it's political convenience. Yet you want to align yourself with an equally silly, ignorant ideology under the pretense of supporting common sense?
    We can't support it as Hunters, it needs to be done covertly, or at least dissociatively. Hence the need to have a different group antagonizing our enemies (Indians, environmentalists).

There is no such thing as apolitical representation in the political sphere. Asking for something from politicians is political by nature, there's no way around it.

Silly, ignorant ideologies make great pawns or red herrings or petards or covering fire or weaponized autism or however you prefer to see it. I say we need one on our side (but without actually associating or identifying with us).
    Last edited by Surrey Boy; 08-18-2017 at 10:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..