Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: RAINCOAST wants BLACK BEAR HUNTING BAN

Re: RAINCOAST wants BLACK BEAR HUNTING BAN

If it wasn't for monetary gain, none of these assholes would care about wildlife.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by markomoose View Post
    I know I didn't vote NDP!If you did you have done a diservice to all B.C. Hunters and outdoorsfolk!Horgan & Company are strickly for the masses not for us!!!
    I've never encountered a group of folks who feel as sorry for themselves as the majority of crybabies on this site. Anger, violent comments, lashing-out; I've seen it all the last few days. I've seen some reasoned comments, but the vast majority seem to preach to the converted with the same mediocre arguments. Arguments that neither address the rationale behind this legislation, nor the fact that the larger community does indeed have the right to determine what is deemed acceptable behaviour within our province.

What I haven't seen are comments that demonstrate a willingness to build bridges with decision makers and the general public. Between the tantrums, conspiracy theories, and inability to respect the views of others, I seriously doubt that any solutions will be generated by the HBC crowd.

yawn...you guys are boring me.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

gravy train? Lol - that's like 35 bucks an hour - there's rig hands that make a lot more than that. I agree that it's not bad money, but in comparison to equivalent work elsewhere, it's pretty tough to claim that they've got some kind of racket going.
    You should probably read the financials in more detail as there is lots of information available on RainCoast. There are all kinds of jobs that make more than $80k a year, most of them actually have to work for it! RainCoast execs sit in a cushy office in Sidney BC and publish propaganda to negatively affect hunters, local or guided while collecting money from the sheeple for their cause of which appox .64 cents of every dollar ends up in their pockets as wages and compensation or consulting fees. The rest goes to office supplies, rent, uncategorised expenses, transportation and consulting fees. Not sure what, if anything is making it's way back to the bears aside from their original purchase of a guiding concession several years ago, which didn't really help any bears and it's my understanding that they fundraised separately for it's purchase.

Pacific Wild is another but Ian M. uses Tides Canada as a shield so the financials aren't public and he won't reveal any information regarding his salary or compensation (I've asked).

If either group (RainCoast/PacificWild) truly cared about the bears they'd probably contribute more of their revenue towards "education" instead they spend a lot on "wages" and "advertising" and "office expenses". They would also understand that these bears have economic value to both hunters and tourism (it's all tourism) and the more economic value the bears have, the more money and manpower could be available. I don't see hunters trying to shut down bear viewing operations.

MOST of the areas Grizzly Bears inhabit and are hunted in BC do not interfere with local bear viewing operations. The two industries should be able to co-exist and everybody including the bears win.
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I've never encountered a group of folks who feel as sorry for themselves as the majority of crybabies on this site. Anger, violent comments, lashing-out; I've seen it all the last few days. I've seen some reasoned comments, but the vast majority seem to preach to the converted with the same mediocre arguments. Arguments that neither address the rationale behind this legislation, nor the fact that the larger community does indeed have the right to determine what is deemed acceptable behaviour within our province.

What I haven't seen are comments that demonstrate a willingness to build bridges with decision makers and the general public. Between the tantrums, conspiracy theories, and inability to respect the views of others, I seriously doubt that any solutions will be generated by the HBC crowd.

The feeling is mutual.....

In a very short time you will be seeing photos of Trophy Hunters killing our magnificent mountain sheep,just to mount the horns as a trophy. all bc residents will be against such barbarism. And most of these animals are being killed by foreigners!.Stop the Trophy hunting of mountain sheep. Give it a year.

In a very short time you will be seeing photos of Trophy Hunters killing our magnificent mountain sheep,just to mount the horns as a trophy. all bc residents will be against such barbarism. And most of these animals are being killed by foreigners!.Stop the Trophy hunting of mountain sheep. Give it a year.
    I don't disagree they are on the list but they have too much momentum currently with bears, so they will shift to Black Bears, likely throw in lots of gratuitous photos of spirit bears too... Then it will be Wolves (it already is). Mountain Sheep aren't easy to "view" on tours, nor would it be "fun" for your average tourist, in my opinion!
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

Some of us have been around long enough to have seen what an NDP government does for our economy in general, unlike you wet behind the ears little boys. One day you may grow up to understand what the rest of us are trying to tell you. Hopefully it's not too late.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Not even 4 hours and shit is flying on HBC. Don't make me start banning people! You guys are fighting in the wrong direction. The enemy will win easily if we shoot ourselves first!
    Exactly, let's work together.......is the BCWF going to issue a press release in response to this, considering the amount of resident hunters who support the BCWF???...and maybe we can get the other wildlife organizations that are hunter supported, even the GOABC, to all join and respond as one clear unified voice on the importance of pred hunting in BC..

Quote Originally Posted by 4 point View Post
    The Liberals need a new leader sooner than later. The green/ndp thing could I hope blow up and we would have an election. The current government will do what the can for there supports, mainly lower mainland/island folks and the hell with the rest of us.
    When is the earliest that a re election could possibly occur??

Hmm I'm glad you are bored..please avail yourself of this prime opportunity to leave..permenantly.
    There are some knowlegable folks here..I have spent over 30 years amongst grizzlies the decision to pander to Vancouverites" who elected the temporary premier was not made based on science, nor the best for wildlife but to keep him in office..any day could be his last as elected by the south..the majority. .as in every place that holds grizzlies is not represented by his promises.
    I have yet to see anything that you are a hunter, nor understand hunting ethics or wildlife management. .it's like trying to explain how, to start a IV to a 3 year old..you will never understand reason because you choose not to.
    You have not added one positive constructive message on a hunting site filled with members who have demonstrated their ability to support wildlife. Exactly the mental..ity" of the city dwelling NDP supporters.few have ever done anything to help wildlife..and i doubt you have ever either.
    Steven