Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dease river access

Dease river access

Planning on hunting the dease river late sept early October with the jet boat I built. I know there is a launch at the crossing. Now looking at the map book there is a lake called cotton lake north of the crossing on the east side of the hwy that the river looks like it flows through. Could anyone that has been there tell me if the lake is accessible from the hwy. Looking to hunt past there just trying to get a little closer to our area we plan to hunt.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Dease river access

Private gated access at Cotton Lake.

Thanks much appreciated

Don't forget the 400m shooting restriction (new last year) on either side of hwy37N. If you look at google earth, this eliminates some portions of the Dease River. (Not that there is a CO in Dease Lake to enforce it but....)

The impact is more significant south of where you want to put in. Just a heads up since you were looking for info.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Thanks Avalanche. One of the reasons we are looking to hunt higher up away from the hwy.

Dease crossing is the only public access and it is not advisable to leave your truck there unattended.

Those of us that hunt down river from Cotton Lake have arranged private access and that is hard to find as most including the Cotton lake people either do not want more hunter competition or other issues.

Good luck

Thanks good to know. Fire theft and vandalism with a full tank of fuel got it.

Is the camp ground at the crossing still around? I've found a number but no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by trebreklaw View Post
    Dease crossing is the only public access and it is not advisable to leave your truck there unattended.

Those of us that hunt down river from Cotton Lake have arranged private access and that is hard to find as most including the Cotton lake people either do not want more hunter competition or other issues.

Good luck
    There is river access at the mid point between the lake and the crossing, down on the left side just have to look for it. Usually some old mining gear around in the parking lot

The camp ground at the crossing has been gated for 2 or 3 yrs. Apparently it was bought by a mining outfit.
    Given that, I saw a boat on the beach last fall .