Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking in the footsteps of a legend

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: Walking in the footsteps of a legend

Nice write up, I was there with the three of you!! Beauty pictures! Way to tough it out up there! Thank you for sharing! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

A quick gear review

Pack- Mystery Ranch Nice Frame and 5500 bag, a great comfortable pack but bag needs to be bigger if your carrying your camp on your back for 10-14 days, the pack is heavy at 8lbs but dam comfortable.....it gets an A

Leica 25-50x65 Spotting scope and 1.8 doubler to 90x gets an A+

Leica Geovid HDB 10x42 binos A

Sitka Merino wool, the only shirts I wore for 12 days, I used the bottoms once in the evening when it was cool....awesome A+

Columbia Convertible pants, awesome comfortable for early season, dries easily if wet but I did tear the ass out of both pairs, B+

Sitka Timberkine Jacket perfect weight for early season, windproof but not waterproof...... A

Sitka Timberline Pants, to heavy for early season hunting, great pants though......my brother only wore his at camp

Sitka Gortex Raincoat A+

Sitka Puffy, made a great pillow every night as well as super warm when sitting glassing A+

Icebreaker merino wool socks....awesome, they even have left and right written on them for dummies like me A+

Helly Hansen Odin Hiking boots, Stiff enough for great support, super light and durable, withstood a lot of shale, very comfortable A+

Hilleberg Nallo GT 3 person tent, perfect for two guys for 12 days, seen the worst wind and rain-hail Ive ever hunted in and never leaked A+

Valandre Shocking Blue sleeping bags,Kept us warm no problem never even zipped them up A+

Thermarest Evolite.....won't leave home without it ! A+

Jetboil stoves worked awesome only used 2.5 containers of fuel in 12 days A

Trekking poles with cork handles, can't Imagine Sheep Hunting without them.......A+
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 08-16-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Great story Weatherby, loved the pics, thanks for the fitting tribute to our fallen friend.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing the story and pics with us...... A friendly piece of information. Trevor Linden gym is 16 bucks a month. Even 3 days a week will help you out for next year. Or.... buy some horses.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Awesome story Don, it is an amazing, beautiful place.
    I had a sense of being with you, good writing. (Brought back some good memories)
    Respectfully
    Dave.

Fantastic story - thanks for taking the time to put it together. Since I spent 9 days hiking in the high country of Kluane National Park in the Yukon in 2015 I have thought sheep hunting would be a tremendous experience. Alas, as an Ontario resident I would have to sell my house to make it happen! Regardless, great to read of your adventure.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    Awesome story Don, it is an amazing, beautiful place.
    I had a sense of being with you, good writing. (Brought back some good memories)
    Respectfully
    Dave.
    Hey Dave,
    thanks for everything and yeh your names got mentioned a few times during our hunt.......all good of course buddy !
    Cheers
    WF
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Great share. Thanks for the journey!

VFX

Great share. Absolutely love the title , it's all about the memories. I'm glad your home safe, the next adventure awaits you.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Thanks for sharing Don. Very cool write up