Thread: Late sept/early oct moose-elk trip

Late sept/early oct moose-elk trip

We have 10 days to escape reality and enjoy the wilderness. Past few years I have spent time hunting around chetwynd and pink mountain with no real great success.
    Looking to try out new areas .... Anyone shine any light on
    1) Ferrell creek area ?
    2) inga lake area?
    3) prophet river area

which area would you go to?
    thanks in advance
    -Jordan

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Late sept/early oct moose-elk trip

2 years there was not much around pink mountain. Lots of traffic, so we moved on pretty quick back down Chetwynd. We ended up with 1 with a chance at 2 but couldn't pull the trigger on the most likely 10, but i just wasn't sure as there was not a lot of time to count. both dry river beds.

guest Guest

Head for the Prophet or Beaton a Rivers areas. Some There.

I have poked into chetwynd, Ferrell creek and prophet areas and found game. Older moose and elk sign near roads and fresh sign further off the roads, along creeks and up in the hills. Deer were fairly easy to find even on the roads.

Book a trip with steamboat and all will be well.

1) Ferrell creek is all or mostly private farm land. There is slot of elk but getting permission is another issue. I never had success getting permission. Pretty busy up there with the oil and gas all the way up to the kobes.
    2) inga lake area is over hunted. Alot of animals but they get driven so far back. Dosent help with all the oil and gas work going on up there.
    3) prophet river area would have less pressure then the last two. Lots of animals up there.
    That's my two cents and Pink Mtn way to many people. That place gets so much pressure.
    Hope that kinda helps

Sukunka River and side roads.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Thank you to everyone who has replied. As for the farm access .. Not to interested in asking to shoot on a feild. I think we will head up to prophet river area and put the miles on the boots.
    i have heard good things about sukunka.... But to my knowledge... It sees a lot of pressure.
    After calling out 3 hunters in one trip around Chet. I think I'm done in that area and will focus on calling out elk��

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I am considering heading up farrel creek way, but heading into the west side towards the base of the mountains. Lots of crown land to hunt, and the moose and elk get driven higher by the bugs and the hunting pressure on the roads. I was a dedicated Chetwynd hunter, but I think it's time to find some newer country to play in. Good luck in your quest! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"