Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Poll - Let your voice be heard

Grizzly Poll - Let your voice be heard

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-n...ly-trophy-hunt

Show your support for the hunt! I was fortunate to get my first grizz this spring and would hate to see this sustainable hunt be destroyed based on emotions. Might be too late for now until the next election, but let's not go down without a fight.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Grizzly Poll - Let your voice be heard

its a biased ****in poll too just a bunch of horse shit

Man, that's dumb wording for a yes or no poll.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

yeah it's not the greatest worded poll but at least something.

Perhaps a better fight would be for the hunting community to start a new religion that calls for the hunting of grizzlies (for keeps/ no meats). The NDP don't want to look like bigots do they?

I guess when governments cut the funding for good wildlife resource management......this is what you get, conservation/wildlife science run by special interest groups that have PHD's in emotion that are bent on everyone sharing their skewed sense of reality.

The NDP are now posed to take full advantage of of decades of poor funding (which begets lack of solid scientific knowledge of the wildlife resource and its sustainability that leads to many people 'believing' in emotional based reporting that is generally fact free).

This day has been coming a long time, the lack of adequate funding is now bearing fruit, as public opinion has not been given the facts.

The percentage of vegans in the mix is low. So these pork thingy chompers need to look up into the mirror to see the hypocrites as they are.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

The province will close “loopholes” by forbidding a meat hunter from possessing the paws, head, and hide of a grizzly to ensure trophy hunts are not conducted under the guise of a meat hunt, he added.
    So you have to leave it in the bush to rot? That seems like a huge waste. At the very least they could allow us to take it out and donate it or something.

So where does this leave black bears?

This sounds a helluva lot like political meandering and not logical, scientific decision making. And the left likes to say the other side is the anti-science party...

Discussion on the issue right now on CBC radio. These comments by Minister Donaldson are what concerns me, "... a broader consultation process on a renewed wildlife management strategy for the province." Rather nebulous.
    Andrew Weaver right now calling out the NDP on it being a political ploy and that the NDP have not consulted with BCWF and FN groups.
    Last edited by sapper; 08-15-2017 at 12:13 PM. Reason: additional comments
    "How, given the canine teeth and close-set eyes that declare the human animal to be a predator, had we come up with the notion that oat bran is more natural to eat than chicken?" Valerie Martin, The Great Divorce

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    So you have to leave it in the bush to rot? That seems like a huge waste. At the very least they could allow us to take it out and donate it or something.

So where does this leave black bears?

This sounds a helluva lot like political meandering and not logical, scientific decision making. And the left likes to say the other side is the anti-science party...
    They are NEXT
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Quote Originally Posted by BCBRAD View Post
    They are NEXT
    Better get my rug this year then!

Brutal Options... It's not a money/Jobs issue.

I'm against the new ban because it's based on emotions not science. Also, food hunting and not being allowed to utilize the pelt is wasteful. The animals deserve better.