Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mechanical broad heads or fixed blade...

mechanical broad heads or fixed blade...

I have been using mechanical broadheads ever since I started hunting as I was told they fly better. harvested a buck 3 years ago 75yards straight pass broke a rib with one of the blades (blade broken too) and through the heart. I was sold on these considering how tough it was to straight pass through a rib from that range. shooting an 09 pse stinger maxed out 70#. last season shot a buck at 15 yards and was good easy shot right behind the shoulder. only to find my arrow full of blood, blades didn't open... next day i tracked him for hours with lots of blood and spots where he bedded and had pools. sadly the blood trail got thinner until i was on my hand and knees trying to find a spec of blood. I figure I got lungs but was basically shot with a field point.. never found the deer and had to go home that day.

debating whether to switch to fixed blades or just another brand. shooting 125g NAP spitfires.
    Last edited by chowskie; 08-14-2017 at 10:13 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: mechanical broad heads or fixed blade...

fixed blade all day, just find the one that shoots good for u.

I use G5 Striker Magnums, got them from Tyee in Campbell River. 125gr, 1 1/2" radius, very durable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

I used slick tricks and montecs when I bow hunted, they left some mean holes and flew straight.

Dead ringer rampage two blade mechanical opens every time and my bow isn't super fast and thier deadly and if one were to fail they still cut.

Slick tricks work well also and fly like a field point

Fixed blade for, I don't even know the brand. I just used what the guy I bought my crossbow off handed to me. I just sharpened them and when I thought they were super sharp...I sharpened them more. Got my 1st archery buck that season.

I use muzzy mx4 haven't lost an animal and they fly like my field points there are so many good broadheads Elder G5 montec slick tricks Etc

Whichever your arrows like the most, I've used a lot from Rages, Muzzys, Toxics... I still have dozens, if you're in LML area we can meet and I'll let you try some of them, see what fits.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

I'm not sure about the other brands but I like the G5 Montecs because they have the pre-season practice broad heads that fly like the real thing so you don't have to tweek your set up too much. Good luck.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!