Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I was just thinking about how delicious some grizzly smokies would taste.
    They're very good!
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    What a contradiction of statements....unless you actually ate the wolf!!

Did you?? How did it taste? If not, what did you do with it??

I also think the Wolfdown and Islandwanderer are the same person, join a month apart and support each other like they were one and the same.....Trolls

What a mixed up group we are....cannot even support each other when to hunting....We are slowly spiraling down a PC clogged drain.

I have to ask those that support the wasteful regulation (as it does nothing to save any bears), if we have thrown away science to peoples emotions and public opinion (mostly the lower mainland and Vancouver Island) what do we do when they focus on Mt goats and Sheep, as I don't know many who hunt those species for meat only (although Sheep is the best I have had)....same as 6pt elk, 2/3/10 rule for moose, 4 pt Muleys and 5pt+ caribou? These regulation force us to hunt "trophies" and we have to bring everything out, especially the head and horns/antlers.

And can one of the lefties please explain what is actually a "Trophy Hunt"?

Cheers

SS
    Exactly articulated..

There seems to be some confusion here for some, they have already banned the removal of the hide and skull guys, its a done deal. From Nog's link above -

The ban will mean hunters will no longer be able to keep the head, paws or hide of a grizzly, but regulations on how to enforce that are still being developed.
    http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/mo...fall-1.3545573
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    It is a bewilderment that some on here think this is a good thing. In true leftist form, they believe the meat must be eaten therefore everyone must comply with their beliefs. What have they achieved? Nothing, but forcing a lot of guys to make an extra trip to the dump to get rid of the meat when they get home. The decision has nothing to do with game management. Nothing to do with protecting the species itself. Nothing to do with bettering our environment. It's virtue signalling and moralizing from the pulpit of false superiority, and it's repugnant to anyone with two brain cells to rub together.
    Well said.........

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    So how did that taste?
    It is delicious! The meat straight up is quite tough (on my animal anyway) but the smokies, bratwursts and hams are excellent. ANd I have a beautiful hide at the taxidermist shop for a full rug. Overall, it was a great hunt literally 6 years in the making.
    Regards,

Ltbullken

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    It's becoming quite clear to me that a majority of you on these forums would love to hunt grizzly bears for nothing more than their hide and skull on your walls, while leaving the rest of the animal to rot! Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a hunter and this is one of them.
    Sorry you feel this way, but do us all a very big favor and quit HBC and go back to your non hunting tree hugging left wing nut union friends and enjoy your latte. Don't let the door slam in the ass to hard on the way out
    Last edited by 358mag; 08-14-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    It's because some will simply turf the meat when they get home because all they really wanted was the trophy. This policy prevents that from occurring.
    At some point we have to realise that really any hunter can do that with the meat. So by your logic, we should then ban all hunting because of the mere chance this could happen. Or is that what you want to see happen? Your argument falls apart here.
    Regards,

Ltbullken

Island Wanderer and Wolfdown:

Some of the outrage and emotion (as you describe it) is based on the fact that this is a political move that caters to emotion, and it's happening in a province that badly needs a completely revamped science based conservation policy.

While I understand that you're happy the NDP won the election, and while I understand that you haven't thought through the trophy hunt issue, you're missing the important conservation aspects to this discussion and latching onto positions that can't be defended rationally.

If you review your positions they're based on the idea that other people should not be allowed to like what you don't like. There's no science there. It's just opinion.

Think through the claim that leaving a carcass to rot in the bush is a waste. That is simply a stupid and indefensible statement.

Think through the opposition to trophy hunting. What is it based on? Anything other than personal taste?

Think about the implications of conducting wildlife policy based on social values rather than science. Is there anything you can say to justify that?

We live in an increasingly urbanized society that is divorced from the natural world. Politicians pander to that society, and they do it for short term gain. Urban society is, by and large, anti-wilderness, does not understand it and wants it domesticated. The worst part? Most of us don't recognize that.

I'll grant you that a lot of the hunters on this site aren't the most PC boys in the beer parlour, but by and large they are on the right track. You are not.

Rather than say "It's a good policy because it stops trophy hunting" dive in a little deeper and justify it. There is nothing that you can say to justify it that will stand up to a sound, rational conservation oriented argument.

I double ****ing dog dare ya to try.

(And yes, I tried to put in the whole word "****ing", but the damn Interwebs auto-corrected it. Will wonders never cease? )
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    Sustainable limits is fine! What benefit to you is the hide and skull?! I'd love to know.
    First Nations people's used all parts of the animals they harvested, why shouldn't we have that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    There seems to be some confusion here for some, they have already banned the removal of the hide and skull guys, its a done deal. From Nog's link above -

The ban will mean hunters will no longer be able to keep the head, paws or hide of a grizzly, but regulations on how to enforce that are still being developed.
    http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/mo...fall-1.3545573
    What do we submit for compulsory inspection ? Back straps ? Bag of hamburger ?