Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    The one thing that surprises me the most about this entire thread, is that none of you here are recognizing this guy for what he actually is... This isn't a hunter. This is someone who has taken a tip from Weaver, and come here to find information or ammunition or what-have-you to use against us. Period.

Wolfdown, since you are not a hunter, I will take a moment here to let you read something I wrote on this board a while back. It might help you understand (but likely won't) of why some of us hunt. To the rest of you who have seen this before, sorry for hanging it back up, but it seems to fit.
    Oh, a few of us recognize that he/she is not a hunter but it is sometimes simply fun to feed the troll. It strengthens your own debate skills and critical thinking level. In addition, if this thread is ever brought up to be used against us, there will be some well thought out and decent arguments. That being said, wolfdown and his/her ilk are exactly why most on the opposite side of the aisle will never vote with them. They are bigoted in their opinions and unwilling to debate or reason. The echo chamber is way strong on the left than on the right from my experience. Emotions and feelings are too important to them.

Thumbs down Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Interesting that Raincoat's Executive Director Chris Genovali agreed that banning black bear hunting is already on their agenda.

At 22:15 of this broadcast: http://www.cbc.ca/radio/popup/audio/...tenttype=audio

The slippery slope begins...

Ticked,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Let's not keep people guessing with riddles. Who are you pointing your finger at, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    but a certain circle of BC recreational hunters gave them the ammunition and helped to load the gun.
    That same bunch are pretty silent at the moment.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    Sorry but you and many other hunters seem to think that the sun orbits you!
    Wolfdown, although your comment seems derisive: implying that hunters in general are self-centred. I think what you mean is that hunters are the only ones providing data for grizzly population assessments and on that we can agree. In order to manage any wild population, scientific assessments, especially over a long time series, are the only way to determine what harvest levels are sustainable, whether there even should be harvests, as well as a whole host of other factors such as growth rates, geographic distribution, threats to population health (e.g. disease, morbidity), etc. If there was a way to accurately gather data to accomplish all those scientific objectives using non-lethal methods, such as satellite tags or remote sensing, it would benefit all British Columbians, including hunters, to do so. More dollars could be put into assessing other wild populations. Whether you agree or not is fine with me, but I see an overlap: a genuine concern for grizzly populations and grizzlies. That is something that hunters care very much about, myself included, even though I don't hunt bears. Perhaps we are not all that far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Interesting that Raincoat's Executive Director Chris Genovali agreed that banning black bear hunting is already on their agenda.

At 22:15 of this broadcast: http://www.cbc.ca/radio/popup/audio/...tenttype=audio

The slippery slope begins...

Ticked,
    Nog
    Of course, black bear cubs are adorable little buggers and can raise millions from the NDP's latte wing.

Horgan has given these guys exactly what they wanted - an open door to ending the bloodsport of all hunting.

And getting hunters (so-called hunters) in the NDP camp that are hell bent on bringing down the very organizations and people that fight for our hunting heritage, Genovali and his group have never been in as strong a position as they are now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Let's not keep people guessing with riddles. Who are you pointing your finger at, and why?
    Do you have a guilt complex?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbc View Post
    I think what you mean is that hunters are the only ones providing data for grizzly population assessments and on that we can agree. .
    When I attended the viewing of the Grizzly Trophy hunt video made by the Wildlife Defence League ( I was the only attendee that spoke against the bans ) the video specifically touched on the research being done by their researchers and First Nations in the "Great Bear Rain Forest."
    This research appeared to be quite sophisticated, dealing with DNA analysis of grizzly fur caught in set "traps" and was done, apparently, to try to refute the BC Gov't estimates of the grizzly population. The Wildlife Defence League's position was that the Gov't estimates of grizzly numbers were greatly inflated due to poor data collection.
    If the WDL is actually carrying out said research then your statement quoted above might then be erroneous.
    Note, I'm not trying to judge here, just wanting to make sure that hunters are not putting out "fake news" as that can only come back at us.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    When I attended the viewing of the Grizzly Trophy hunt video made by the Wildlife Defence League ( I was the only attendee that spoke against the bans ) the video specifically touched on the research being done by their researchers and First Nations in the "Great Bear Rain Forest."
    This research appeared to be quite sophisticated, dealing with DNA analysis of grizzly fur caught in set "traps" and was done, apparently, to try to refute the BC Gov't estimates of the grizzly population. The Wildlife Defence League's position was that the Gov't estimates of grizzly numbers were greatly inflated due to poor data collection.
    If the WDL is actually carrying out said research then your statement quoted above might then be erroneous.
    Note, I'm not trying to judge here, just wanting to make sure that hunters are not putting out "fake news" as that can only come back at us.
    See that is science I can get behind. If there are legitimate reasons to restrict or eliminate the hunt in the name of conservation then I do not know a single hunter that would argue with that. When there is no science behind the debate then it is solely a political move, which is what this appears to be.

The gvt biologists do plenty of grizzly DNA sample reasearch.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Do you have a guilt complex?
    I'm interested too in this group? We are doing exactly what was desired fragment and attack each group of hunters..divide and conquer.
    Guides, outfitters recreational hunters, hunters fom out side BC, outside Canada..all provide $$ for government wildlife, studies, biologists, reason for GOS, LEH.all play a vital part .
    Our compulsary inspections, data, end of season questionairs" all help shape regulations and quotas.

Today it's 250 grizzly..for those that don't hunt bears . grizzlies. .next could be SHEEP..or Elk.or moose..requiring sheep capes, horns moose horns left in woods as symbol of a trophy hunter...stand together or fall one by one.
    Srup