Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    The OP stated he was aware that this is still being done, I was curious what was done when he reported this, or if he reported it. Or are you insinuating that
    he is the one doing it.
    Please stop with your foolishness.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Hmmm interestingly FN from 100 years ago are depicted wearing grizzly robes, adorned grizzly skulls, grizzly claws around their necks..not a sirloin steak or roast.
    Arguing for science based research.the leaving the skull. Age sex.health.you know bases for scientific decisions by biogists.

Blatant" pandering.
    Srupp

Ok if they remove the grizz from trophy hunting then put it in the same category as black bear and let us eat them. I don't have a problem with that idea. Seeing as I live amongst 7 of them.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Please stop with your foolishness.
    What foolishness, you said you understand some still SSS, just asked if your aware of this did you report it and if so what was done about it.
    You brought it up, to me it would be poaching I don't find it foolish to wonder what is being done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbc View Post
    There's been tonnes of excellent points made on this post. I am not a bear hunter; they can eat me. However, I would defend anyone's wish to hunt and shoot a bear if they have a tag during an open season in an open area.

This has probably already been mentioned, but I haven't read each post. If only the meat can be removed and the skull (in particular) is left to rot, how do wildlife biologists recommend sustainable harvest levels without compulsory inspection? My understanding is that the skull provides important age, sex, and condition data that is required to assess and manage the grizzly population. It's already been said the science is spotty, but now what? No data? That is hands down the worst way to "manage" any natural population. Management decisions become "shots in the dark" which centuries of history have shown spells doom for any natural population with a harvest. The decision seems utterly based upon emotion.

Here will be the controversial part of my post given the tone of some of the First Nations-related posting. I will bet the lack of consultation with First Nations regarding this decision will be the catalyst that halts this before the NDP can even wet their pens to amend the regulations. Perhaps aboriginal hunters and non-aboriginal hunters will not be quite so far apart as we seem to be when I read SOME posts, but not ALL. Just my thoughts on the matter.
    Sorry but you and many other hunters seem to think that the sun orbits you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I just think it's interesting that a "hunter" feels wildlife decisions should be made based on his emotions, above all else.
    has nothing to do with emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    What foolishness, you said you understand some still SSS, just asked if your aware of this did you report it and if so what was done about it.
    You brought it up, to me it would be poaching I don't find it foolish to wonder what is being done about it.
    I'll ask you a simple question. Do you think that there are some people in BC (anywhere in BC) that deal with wildlife that is causing them problems by SSS?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    Sorry but you and many other hunters seem to think that the sun orbits you!
    Foolishly, you think that you are the sun .....
    Do you have anything to add to this thread?

Of course it is. It's an emotional thing for you. You think it's a "problem" that people hunt bears for a reason that you don't agree with. It's not a conservation concern, so it's an emotional concern.

The is admittedly being implemented based on "social acceptance in 2017" and nothing more. Social acceptance without further justification (ie: science) is based solely on feelings aka emotions.