Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Wow this has been one interesting and heated thread to read as I knew it would be from the moment this announcement was made. Some good points made and some heated posts without much substance. I don't have much to add but I'm still at a loss as to how the two posters who are in support of this legislation continue to make the same argument over and over and over, and that argument is "because I like it", and "because I think so". Not only continuing to make the same "argument" but seemingly not understanding why they're receiving so much heat. You two are fully entitled to your opinions as well as anyone else, but that opinion has to come with some facts to back it up as with the people who are against the legislation. "I like it and that's why you should too" is not in any way shape or form a fact, it is an opinion and absolutely nothing else. The same can be said for Island Wanderer and his support of the NDP. You as well as anybody else in this province or anywhere is fully entitled to support who you choose but to dance around like an NDP fan boy and pretend they somehow "won" this election and not provide a single fact or figure or anything else of substance to say why you feel that way, and then wonder why you're getting no love on the matter is simply asinine and I for the life of me cannot understand why you can't see why you're getting flamed. Hell for all we know you like the color orange and that's good enough for you. Both of you guys need to go back through this thread and read, in entirety, specifically Rob Chipman's posts. If you still don't understand why you're getting shit on and disagreed with, then go back and read them again, and one more time for good measure. If you still can't understand then maybe it's time to step away from the keyboard.

guest Guest

Well, as before, I've ate Grizz, and it was Dam good! That said it wasn't a fish eating Bear ...... They were all Mountain Grizz as some call it. From Hams to chops to various Sausage ...... Yummy! If and when I ever get another G Bear LEH ...... And harvest one again, I will be bringing out, all the deboned meat, entire cape including all paws and head, see ya in court over this bafoonism decision by the short lived NDGreens.
    How short sighted on behalf of our newly elected officials ......... Wow, they are not looking at the full picture and what us best for this province, it's wildlife in entirety, or its residents economic value both for viewing and harvesting of G Bears.
    Bring on my LEH Please!!!

We hunt ungulates primarily for the meat… if someone only took the head and hide of a moose or an elk… leaving the rest of the carcass – would anyone be ok with it? I would be outraged… I would condemn anyone that left behind the edible portions to the scavengers… judging them against my own values and ethics...
    But, what if it were legal to do so?

So why do we feel differently when it is a Grizzly? What’s the difference? The predator aspect? The human conflict aspect? Those are the only two justifications that sway me to the pro-grizzly hunt side of the discussion. I'd be ok with removing edible portions of a Grizzly... But I'd probably only do it once if it tastes like ass...

However, eating it will not satisfy the anti's... their end game is to end hunting... I suspect all hunting... and our precious meat hunts will be their next target.

The proposal on the table does nothing to restore a healthy wildlife population balance. Moose and Deer numbers will continue to decline (perhaps accelerate) with sustained depredation… Human conflict will escalate as Grizzly re-expand their ranges. There will be more maulings and deaths in the news. Some Grizzly populations sets will possibly decline with more mature boars killing off more cubs.

The silver lining is that it will last only till the next election… and then first order of business will be to reinstate, just as the Liberals did previously. Perhaps it will be a long enough hiatus that the results of real scientific analysis will show that this little political experiment had a negative effect on the wildlife population dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    So why do we feel differently when it is a Grizzly? What’s the difference? The predator aspect? The human conflict aspect? .
    Teddy bear aspect?
    Last edited by Salty; 08-16-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    However, eating it will not satisfy the anti's... their end game is to end hunting... I suspect all hunting... and our precious meat hunts will be their next target.
    What drives most anti-(fill in the blank), is virtue signalling. People oppose things that give them a quick and easy ego boost. "I'm better than you because I'm against ______."

As time has gone on, our society is getting more and more of these people. Technology like Facebook and Twitter give people a quick boost of validation. In turn, they get addicted to that and seek out more and more extreme positions on things.

The more we feed that beast, the hungrier it gets. Ironically, the better society gets, the more and more petty these people become. Today it's micro-aggressions, tomorrow it's your hobby.

This silliness will continue until something happens to change that social course. I have no idea what that would be, but if we continue down the current course, then yes eventually, we'll lose hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    That would not be the definition of SSS .☝
    The OP stated he was aware that this is still being done, I was curious what was done when he reported this, or if he reported it. Or are you insinuating that
    he is the one doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull Hunter View Post
    I'm all for removing the edible portions of all big game animals, but to limit a hunters ability to utilize the animal in its entirety is asinine.
    Thank you for saying that Skull Hunter........this flies in the face of rational thinking, even to a non-hunter!! Why limit something of value and use to the hunter who has legally taken an animal!! It should be his to do with what he pleases....it's his now!!
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    The OP stated he was aware that this is still being done, I was curious what was done when he reported this, or if he reported it. Or are you insinuating that
    he is the one doing it.
    Do you report everything illegal that you see or hear?

When the law applies to oneself, it's more of a suggestion than an absolute imperative. At least that's what the Crown seems to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Well done, Rob Chipman! Two thumbs up!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Is it really interesting?

Plenty of people act illogically, arrogantly, and selfishly to gratify their superficial emotions. Most of them get their way because they have boobs.
    I just think it's interesting that a "hunter" feels wildlife decisions should be made based on his emotions, above all else.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!