Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    It solves the the problem of people hunting the bears for show and nothing more! That's it and I'm okay with that.
    You really are just arguing for the sake of arguing !! ..... either that or you haven't a clue what you are writing about ?

It solves the the problem of people hunting the bears for show and nothing more! That's it and I'm okay with that.
    Were you one of that @ssholes harassing bear hunters up the Duncan this spring?
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    You really are just arguing for the sake of arguing !! ..... either that or you haven't a clue what you are writing about ?
    I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. It's how I see it. Apparently the government and lots of others too. It's you guys who can't see it who are arguing because you don't get your way.

Remove all edible portions ...... as in Black bear regulations. Use the hide/bone as you see fit.

Unfounded legislation by an inept provincial government ..... cheered on by a pair of fools.

Here is the reality of it the law is to completely deter the hunting of grizz nothing more. If the law changed to the same meat retention rules in place for black bear I would agree with you

My self and others I hunt with will eat mountain grizz and take the meat if one is shot. But it tastes just like black bear so why do we apply for LEH pay 85$ a tag bust are butts for a grizz when we can buy a 20$ black bear tag and shoot one with ease?

The reality even though we take and eat the meat we hunt grizz for the experience off the hunt and yes to taxidermy the bear a memory of the hunt. What you are calling a trophy is the way we remember that exact hunt and animal taken. It is honoring the it to the highest level not a disrespectful used only to brag. Most I know don't do this to brag and most never see their mounts outside of family and friends

How many hunters have the antlers from their first deer even if it's tiny. I know many meat first hunters who keep hides antlers and get mounts done. This has a long history in hunting culture across the world

We eat what we kill but it goes farther and deeper than that. This is part of family tradition, brotherhood and more

This is why this is a slap in the face to hunters even if you don't see it

This law is to directly impact the grizz hunt priticapation is basically nonexistent. This is not about trophy hunting this is about impacting the number of grizz shot by hunters nothing more.

If you think this is a good law don't come around most hunters campfire

Wolfdown, if it was just about the meat, get a Costco card, it's much cheaper.
    game meat is the most expensive meat on my table. I would venture to say that many of the sheep harvested come in at better than $100 pound for the meat.
    For me, it's about the adventure, the hunt, quality time with friends and family.
    People hunt for a multitude of reasons, sustenance, conservation, habitat protection. We as hunters should not pass judgement on another's reasons for a hunt if it is conducted legally.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

So, wolf murderer... the issue it resolves is solely an ethical one… it prevents some people from doing something some other people find offensive…

To the two members of this forum that support this new law I hope a grizz claims your next animal you shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    To the two members of this forum that support this new law I hope a grizz claims your next animal you shoot
    Those two are not hunters, period.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !