Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Any of you folks showing your displeasure with the G-bear fiasco?
    Contact/mail/e-mail Horgan, Weaver, your MLA ...... takes a moment.

My MLA is already speaking against the new laws knew he would before I voted

But Horgan is next to get an email on the BS

as hunters we need to get louder

best reply ( post) yet..... bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    And you're entitled to your opinion. What you're not entitled to is forcing others to comply with your moral code. The hunt is sustainable and a valuable management tool. The hunt generates jobs and money for BC'rs and the government. If the NDP really wanted to protect the bear, they'd have designated all monies from the hunt to bear research and habitat enhancement. And they would designate funding to law enforcement. But what they really did is just force their moral opinions onto everyone else in an attempt to make themselves look good.
    Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Any of you folks showing your displeasure with the G-bear fiasco?
    Contact/mail/e-mail Horgan, Weaver, your MLA ...... takes a moment.
    I already had that talk with my MLA just before the election....
    IT was a total waste of time with him, trying to tell him that closing the GBear hunt would only cause further problems,
    like many have brought forward here.

IT IS PART OF"THEIR PARTY PLATFORM".....
    It was STATED before they were elected....so we all should have not been surprised.

I totally disagree with it...
    the only thing I agree with, is that al edible meat should have been brought home, not left behind....
    reason being, that is exactly some of the ammunition "Anti's" use against us etc.

As for FN being excluded, and able to do what they want, well again, that is the "NDP PARTY PLATFORM".
    biggest reason why FN got so much here in BC is "due to the NDP Party last time around...
    meaning...lawyers who run as MLA's in the NDP Party.

The biggest mistake the LIBERALS made....in my opinion...
    was to give GOABC those LEH permits, taking away from us to give out to foreigners etc.
    If the Liberals had defended the Resident Hunter of BC....just maybe that would have been enough for them to
    win the last election.

Right now, we need another party that sits in the middle.

Expect thing to be worse for us as things go along.
    Expect FN "traditional territories BS" to get worse for us as well, as long as these guys are in control.

If you think the GBear is the biggest thing you will be taking in the A** from NDP, you will be sadly disappointed.

As far as Hunting goes and Politics....

Decisions will be made ...depending on the party in power here in BC...depending on this:

a) either on "Money"...like helping small groups (like GOABC)= Liberals

b) "Emotion"....trying to do what people feel, and hoping to win their votes that way=NDP/Green

C) is not an option right now.....which is Science Based...Party=NONE....why....to scared to take it on and do what is
    the best for the situation/s at hand.

Take a lot of people taking pictures to generate the same money that a single hunt produces, not to mention neither pictures or hunters are 100 percent successful

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Take a lot of people taking pictures to generate the same money that a single hunt produces, not to mention neither pictures or hunters are 100 percent successful
    True but the best strategy is proving how grizz hunting and viewing can both operate. This way govt can profit off of both

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Taken from another forum:

I work for the BC Conservation foundation with a program designed to reduce human/wildlife conflict. Every day I work with Bears, and much of my work is with Grizzly bears here in the Kootenays. This ban on "Trophy hunting" really does zero to bring up our bear populations here. Our Grizzly pops are threatened, much of it related to human/bear conflict, and fragmented corridor access. A fed bear is a dead bear rings true for all bears in BC. Once they become human food conditioned and habituated they will lose their fear of humans, tolerate them at a closer distance and that's where the danger begins. While it may have gave urbanites a warm fuzzy feeling, it may have secured the death of hundreds, of bears. There is no season for Grizzly hunting in my area of the Kootenays, so seriously, how will this ban facilitate Grizzly numbers in my area I asked? No answers when I crashed a "call to action party" hosted by NDP MLA Michelle Mungall supporters.
    Our newly re elected NDP MLA, feels that grizzly bear tourism is a wonderful industry, when in reality habituation from Photographers who continue to get close to bears, and bears in family units, habituate the bears which could lead to their death when they encroach on humans. Bear Jams, and eager urbanite Photographers are quite pleased to get pictures of these magical beasts... when in reality if they were left alone, they'd be much better off. Photographers who refrain from powerful zoom lenses, and encroach on the bears personal space kill Bears plain and simple.
    People are more apt to do the ole shoot shovel and shut up when they have zero faith in wildlife management. the COS understand what is needed to be done to bring and balance Grizzly numbers not the bleeding heart hippie wanna be's in Downtown Vancouver in my opinion.
    Yayyyyy humans feel warm and fuzzy and those big nasty hunters have been stopped, not realizing that hunters play a vital role in the conservation process. How is it that wasting parts of an animal is something to be cheered? Doesn't that go against what we, as hunters believe in? So how about Grizzly Bears being the Prime predator for caribou calves? What do the urban hearts feel about that? How are they going to fix that one with warm fuzzy feelings? Which animal is more important to them?... It really doesn't matter now does it.. When government passes laws based upon feelings we're all in for a bumpy ride and unfortunately the animals will suffer right along with the humans.
    The bear in this picture was actually saved by an entire community coming together to remove human food attractants, and scare her each time she came around humans. She had gotten in trouble a couple times before, so it was a make or break situation for this young sow. It wasn't a ban on trophy hunting that saved her, it was science based conservation and cooperation from the residents in the community.
    More information for the BCWF and GOABC to use in their public information campaign......whenever it starts.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    True but the best strategy is proving how grizz hunting and viewing can both operate. This way govt can profit off of both
    This is one of the fallacies the Eco-Fascist use. The two can't co-exist and they make more money therefore hunting should be stopped. The two can definitely co-exist producing more revenue than either one by itself. However, if one group is adamant that the other simply not exist, it's hard to find middle ground. I say bury the phukers with a concentrated campaign in informing the public who these people really are and what real science says about bear hunting and hunting in general. Point out the inconsistencies in their arguments, the heavy use of emotional appeals, their reliance on false or misleading data, their reliance on subjective feelings about how things should be, and that their real agenda is to get people out of the bush unless they buy tickets from them.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Point out the inconsistencies in their arguments, the heavy use of emotional appeals, their reliance on false or misleading data, their reliance on subjective feelings about how things should be, and that their real agenda is to get people out of the bush unless they buy tickets from them.
    The NDP is already using this emotional appeal to fundraise for their party. Note the "donate" button on their grizzly announcement page. https://www.bcndp.ca/latest/its-time...hunt-across-bc

And they are siphoning taxpayer funds via government advertising to leverage their fundraising activities.

See the Fletcher article above for details.

Whodathunkit, the "party of the people" throwing us under the bus and using the carnage to raise money for the next election. Dirty rotten ****ers.
    Last edited by Fisher-Dude; 08-22-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

This is one of the fallacies the Eco-Fascist use. The two can't co-exist and they make more money therefore hunting should be stopped. The two can definitely co-exist producing more revenue than either one by itself. However, if one group is adamant that the other simply not exist, it's hard to find middle ground. I say bury the phukers with a concentrated campaign in informing the public who these people really are and what real science says about bear hunting and hunting in general. Point out the inconsistencies in their arguments, the heavy use of emotional appeals, their reliance on false or misleading data, their reliance on subjective feelings about how things should be, and that their real agenda is to get people out of the bush unless they buy tickets from them.

I understand what your saying and know they threw the first stone

In my opinion it is easier to get the public to view their stance as slander if you focuse on proving how to to can co exist. So rather than attack them directly get loud about the facts of grizz hunting and discredit them rather than attack them directly

The goal should be to make them looked at as dishonest through the publics eyes so their propaganda will be ignored. This takes away their power more than attacking them directly. The greatest power right now is our silence on educating the public on grizz hunting.

Its easy to sway the public when all they hear is one side and right now that is our biggest issue. We are silent compared to those that oppose the hunt. The anti voice is heard probably more than 100-1