Page 58 of 78 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Perhaps the silver lining with all of this is that it will finally bring all of to us (RH, GOABC, FN) together and to the table so we can move forward with a common agenda to address this latest announcement. This will hopefully build a positive relationship amongst all of us and form a building block for addressing what we all share in common....enhancement of wildlife.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    LBM, concerning SSS, which you are actually directing at me, what is the difference between a cow killing grizzly or a chicken stealing coyote? They are both wildlife killing livestock. Period. Livestock owners have a right to protect their charges at any time. Period

It is your department that tries to differentiate.
    Nope not directing at you at all, but maybe you have a guilty conscience or just think every thing revolves around you.
    You are right they are both wildlife killing livestock, and nice to see some one calling them wildlife. If your legally protecting your live stock then no reason to SSS.
    If your SSS then probably because you no your doing something wrong or illegal and trying/hoping to cover it up, and no this is not directed at you could pertain to any one.

Seems like grizzly numbers will increase. Draw applications will drop. I will keep applying. When I get one I will try to fill it. Can't afford taxidermy. Perhaps later in life I will be able to afford more time for activism. Until then my vote and reasoned approach when discussing this with others will have to be my contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    That is cynical. So I should take up an adversarial position with everyone who's interests may not align perfectly with mine?
    Cynical and adversarial are two different things. I suggested the former but not the latter. Being cynical doesn’t stop one working with others. If anything it can help you identify ways to build trust. Reagan called it trust but verify.

One way to build trust would be for environmental organizations to disclose their finances and donors to the public. Aren’t the Greens the ones pushing for openness and transparency? I’m sure they get right behind this. ��

Cant wait to ruin a cape, shoot a skull and then spoil the meat...stupid ndp..rant and cursing over...

I talked to an employee today and askes him what he thought about trophy hunting..

He responded trophy hunters are douche bags.
    I said whats a trophy hunter?

Someone who kills and leaves the meat..

What if this douche bag and the desire to kill.this predator gives this predator value?

..we delved into africa elephants and tigers and why they arent extinct....because "douche bags" pay to kill them..supsr hard backward concept to understand....

In the end he didnt care to think about the issue....
    Last edited by ElectricDyck; 08-17-2017 at 09:17 PM.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

[QUOTE=OutdoorDave;1928194]Financial records would speak volumes. What do they spend on admin, fundraising and lobbying versus habitat protection? Compare that to an organization like Ducks Unlimited.

Not that I would trust their numbers to begin with. As an example, the Greenpeace campaigners tell you that 100% of your donation goes to causes and that they have no overhead. When you ask them to reconcile that statement with how they get paid (easy to find their ads saying it's a paid job) and you get a blank stare back. After a bit of back and fourth, the answer becomes, I'll have to ask my boss.

I feel like the Conservatives were headed down a smart road with bringing in more rules around these kinds of organizations. If we have to put the number of calories on a bag of chips, they should have to disclose their financials and inform people when asking for donations.

So, could someone shed some light on what should be public knowledge to, aka, "read the books" ?

For example, a "society" as apposed to a "foundation" or a "Federation"..

If you sign up, are you then entitled?..
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    So, could someone shed some light on what should be public knowledge to, aka, "read the books" ?

For example, a "society" as apposed to a "foundation" or a "Federation"..

If you sign up, are you then entitled?..
    I think any group trying to lobby the government or public in one fashion or the other should have to fully disclose their books.

If these groups are going to tie up our Court system and delay projects, they should have to disclose who is paying for that. It’s crazy they don’t have to now.

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    T

The NDP not announcing any additional research initiatives or increased funneling of licensing fees to research and management of wildlife clearly demonstrates that this was a "cheap" (in all senses of the word) political ploy.
    That's because this move is political....period. The bear management system currently in place works. That's why the failing argument of Islandwander was at it's root, moralizing. He simply didn't have an argument. I put the analogy of the Vegan Premier banning moose hunting because of the view hunting for meat is immoral. This is the same thing. You can call it moralizing or virtue signalling or whatever you want. But when you have people who believe they have the god given right to impose their morality on others......you have a problem. You can extrapolate this philosophy to many aspects of human life and see what a disaster it would be. The whole anti bear hunting movement at its core, evolves around forcing people to conform to their belief system absent of any scientific evidence that the bears as a species are in danger. In fact, all the evidence points to the opposite. I personally find this very worrisome because of where it may lead to other areas of decision making concerning hunting and non-hunting.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Nope not directing at you at all, but maybe you have a guilty conscience or just think every thing revolves around you.
    You are right they are both wildlife killing livestock, and nice to see some one calling them wildlife. If your legally protecting your live stock then no reason to SSS.
    If your SSS then probably because you no your doing something wrong or illegal and trying/hoping to cover it up, and no this is not directed at you could pertain to any one.

No guilty conscience here.

Maybe we could discuss the SSS that COS does.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    No guilty conscience here.

Maybe we could discuss the SSS that COS does.
    That would probably be a real good discussion.
    We could start it off with Bella Coola "dump" bears.
    Then we can go into talking about the expansion of the problem and the backfire on conservation of grizzlies this proposed regulation change is going to bring on.