Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Not in the slightest, although lately, most fingers are being pointed at myself and those I associate with for the troubles we are in. If you're going to play the blame game, do it so people can defend their actions, or support or oppose your thoughts.

Did you ever figure out an answer to rob Chipman's questions?

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Do you have a guilt complex?
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post

Today it's 250 grizzly..for those that don't hunt bears . grizzlies. .next could be SHEEP..or Elk.or moose..requiring sheep capes, horns moose horns left in woods as symbol of a trophy hunter...stand together or fall one by one.
    Srup
    Nailed it!

The whole media we poor resident hunters hunt only for the purpose of meat helped this kinda laws

Dont think the NDP did not take note of the stance resident hunters took well doing this.

Got to watch how we stand as hunters so we stop shooting our selves in the foot. Once govt is involved they will twist things to push agendas. Example is the grizz hunt laws we just got handed

Quote Originally Posted by KingBuckHunter View Post
    Nevertheless, I know this silly rule ain't gonna stop me from taking the meat or hide and skull! Hunters are conservationists! We do not waste!
    And here's another boneheaded comment!! Trophy grizzly hunters don't waste?! Are you as stupid as you sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    And here's another boneheaded comment!! Trophy grizzly hunters don't waste?! Are you as stupid as you sound?
    Man go away nobody wants you here, you don't know what you're talking about, you're wrong and you're as much of an idiot as the NDP are for doing this. You're just plain wrong. Have you even sat back and thought about your viewpoint?
    Last edited by Steeleco; 08-17-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Helped haul out enough grizz meat to say true I my crew. We pass on sows and small bears but we haul out and eat the meat.

will I shoot a grizz without the hide no.

So explain what is wrong with how my crew hunts grizz ?

Did you even read his comment? "Hunters are conservationists! We do not waste!"

Are you really as ignorant as you appear to be?

There is an argument that all hunters, resident and foreign, must band together and must also band together with certain businesses in order to preserve our rights to hunt. Not everyone shares that argument, but it exists.

However, there is also a good (and obvious) argument to be made that trophy hunting rich Americans and lobbying efforts by groups like SCI are detrimental to resident hunters' fight to preserve hunting rights. Not everyone shares that argument, but it exists.

It's also worth differentiating a couple of goals that get conflated. Some of us want to preserve our rights to hunt, period. Others want a sustainable and diverse wild landscape and wildlife population with easy and democratic access for all users, including hunters.

The first is a sub-category of the second, but those who focus on the first will be much more easily marginalized and occasionally shown to be more of a special interest group than a public interest group.

Here's a quick example of what I mean:

If GOABC and SCI lobby against the new grizzly policy its very easy to paint them as a self-interested group that wants to promote business that satisfies the demand of foreign money with public BC resources. I think we can all see how an anti-hunting for profit group posing as a public interest group could pull that off. It's unbelievably easy to make that sale. Don't believe me? Look at the policy we're currently talking about. It's the political pay off that results from demonizing trophy hunting.

On the other hand, if a group of resident citizens can demonstrate that they work hard on conservation of all species (not just huntable ones), that they work to include non-hunters as well as hunters on access issues, that they have the backing of scientists, and that they do not have a profit motive involved its much harder to attack them. The same groups will try (they already are) and none of us are responding too effectively, but it's an easier defense to mount.

If we want to be united against a bigger, more important and more threatening opponent we need to be honest about the fact that not all of our interests align, and we need to decide where we want to compromise with each other. So far we're registering a big fail on that issue.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    The gvt biologists do plenty of grizzly DNA sample reasearch.
    I figured there must be others that gathered info, your comment just adds to my doubts about the poster's allegation that "hunters are the only ones".
    Again, not trying to diss the poster, just trying to get the facts.
    We hunters are under attack from many sides, we need to be sure of our allegations.

We can go on for weeks about the rights and wrongs of trophy hunting, who trophy hunts and who doesn't and who wants to convert a grizzly bear into a human turd or let a raven get fat on the bears carcass.
    The bottom line is that once the grizzly bear becomes untouchable and actually is looked at as a detriment to some the grizzly bear suddenly becomes a nuisance.
    A valueless nuisance soon becomes a liability.
    Some FN's hunt grizzly bears....traditionally...now and in the past.
    They also hunt grizzly bears commercially.
    These same FN's realize that a balanced grizzly population is part of overall wildlife management.
    I do not believe they will be sitting idle watching a renewable resource with value as it is converted into competing nuisance.
    I also do not believe they will waste much breath telling the urban, hipster yuppies how great berry smoked grizzly bear hams are either.
    Its going to get interesting.