Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

I am a trophy hunter.

I let a lot of animals go before I shoot one and eat tag soup many years. Yes I have a grizzly bear on the wall that I shot many years ago.

Does my my quest for the animal I want to harvest make me a bad person? I don't think so. I could go out and tag out every year very easily but because I am picky and only shoot what I want to I actually shoot less than I could.

Another grizzly, yes one day I will, hopefully with my son at my side as that takes more of my time up taking him out and experiencing hunting with someone just starting out.

There is no point taking another grizzly just for the meat, doesn't make sense. Not sure why I would take my son out and shoot something just for a picture. Meat, although good, doesn't last. If hunting for a picture only isn't the definition of trophy hunting, I'm looking at it all wrong. To actually shoot something only for a picture seems more of a waste than anything. Of course this is step one. Remember this isn't the first time they did this silly move.

My my son proudly has the skull on his bedroom wall of his first buck, a nice two point, I guess he is a trophy hunter as well. My first bear is there beside it, and we share stories because of it.

Pehaps i I should go back to filling every tag I can each year, seems that is more acceptable by the so called government of the day.

Pehaps i I should go back to filling every tag I can each year, seems that is more acceptable by the so called government of the day.
    Naw, just shoot whatever you see, and if you want to take it home cut your tag in case you get checked. You'll have a better idea of quality of you get to manhandle it.

It's aboriginal tradition, like how they killed the whole herd of buffalo at Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump, and took the nicest of the pile, dumping their waste at Pile Of Bones. Or how they return unsold fish to nature by dumping them back in the river. Learn from the Keepers of the Land.

I'm bitter about this, but not without sarcasm and a renewed antagonism towards our enemies.
    Last edited by Surrey Boy; 08-15-2017 at 01:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

This has been an interesting read, going through this thread. I definitely appreciate those who have respectfully stated their thoughtful opinions and maintained their civility towards others who may not share their opinion.

For those who resort to name calling, profanity, and other types of disrespectful communication, I understand you're passionate about the issue, but, man, if you're trying to get people on your side, that's not a productive way.

As a new hunter, I really look to you guys for your insights and perspectives to help me form a thoughtful perspective of my own.

As a Green voter and a meat hunter, it is too bad about this legislation. I didn't support them because they wanted to ban the trophy hunting. It's too bad people who kill the grizzly can't keep souvenir parts. I'd certainly want a souvenir if I was out hunting grizzly for meat.

And I get that some people just want a trophy. So long as bear numbers are well-mannered and we have funds coming in to support conservation...why not allow it? Maybe they should let the trophy hunters have any leftovers tags that meat hunters don't take, thereby encouraging meat consumption, yet still receiving funds for conservation.

The point about the meat being left in the woods isn't actually wasted, was an interesting one for me because it's true. Definitely got me to reconsider my view.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by OceanMon; 08-15-2017 at 01:21 AM.

Well looks like island meathead and whonnockboy got what they wanted, whats next for the circus

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Mist View Post
    Well aren't you a sick ******* for torturing fish. You realize that 30-60% of catch and release fish die any ways hey?
    #clueless

In 45 years of hunting, I never heard the word "trophy" until recently, get used to it now as the media is going to use it on a constant basis, some of you guys are blindly falling prey to the anti's and the global media. The same ideals can be applied to deer hunting. I get it that you hold out for the "nice buck" thats cool...if the G/O want to use the term "trophy" thats cool too, but as a resident hunter, no thanks.
    Your not doing the resident hunting community any favors, and I'm beginning to see who the real enemy of the resident hunting community is.
    This morning on global they interview someone who represents the G/O industry....they dont represent the resident hunters in any way.
    The 2 clowns presented their point of view here for us all too see, will anyone take them seriously after their true colors are known.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    Catch and release only!
    So you fish purely for the experience then.

Do you see how that makes you a hypocrite?

I am sure it has been posted before but i haven't read through the entire thread here...... Straight from the BCWF site when John Horgan was interviewed regarding this.

Here are the BC New Democrat Party’s answers to questions about the details of their proposed ban submitted by the BCWF to John Horgan, Leader, New Democrat Official Opposition.

QUESTION: Under the new proposed policy would residents of B.C. have opportunity under the LEH system to continue to harvest Grizzly bears?

• Yes. This is not about being opposed to hunting. This is about being opposed to the grizzly bear trophy hunt and only the grizzly bear trophy hunt.

• B.C. hunters will continue to have the opportunity under the LEH system to harvest grizzly bear utilizing the entire bear. We will ensure we use science-based decisions to determine the numbers of LEH tags allowed in various areas. If there aren't enough bears there won’t be a hunt and vice versa.

It makes me chuckle that they would state utilize the entire bear and then tell you you have to leave the hide, head and paws to rot wantonly.

Get ready to fight for your rights to hunt. This is the start of the fight to end hunting here. Time to stand and up and be heard. Put science into wildlife management and what is best for wildlife. We should be looking to the wildlife conservation movement in the US to see how effective we can be as a group. They wouldn't take this lying down south of the border but up here we are just apathetic. Time to get involved in this fight if you want to keep hunting and fishing. Tell everyone involved, write letters, make phone calls, organize rallies, educate yourself and others. Be ready to fight because those against us are already ready.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    My opinion is that anyone who supports legislation forcing hunters to leave useful parts of an animal behind is an absolute idiot.
    bingo Gateman, you nailed this.

Weaver, you need to give your head a serious shake ........ As a elected official, you are NOT looking at what us best for all wildlife in general, and now your lined up with this NDP uneducated guess at Bear and Wildlife management.
    You wonder why your party only holds three seats ..... Yeah, the most we ever had, we're winning. Not ! you fool!

So are you up to the challenge to defeat this Bill? This is Not what is best for Wildlife. There are many many areas that need GBear management through harvest, and there are some areas where they could be left alone. That said, these areas are determined by and through proper science and management. Not some fools who have NO clue what they are talking about when it comes to complete Wildlife management.

Man is here, and our populations are growing, reaching into what all was once unpopulated. We, you included, have upset the entire wildlife ecosystem, and we need to manage that to secure both WILDLIFES future and Mans future.

This includes proper GBear management for all species of wildlife. Not the thoughtless management being shown by the temporary NDP. Wildlife needs help, all of it, this includes proper GBear management.

"From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo