Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Thanks dude. I appreciate it. If you've read the whole forum you'll see that I'm pro grizzly hunt and all for keeping trophies along with the meat. You will also see that I hope we can find a way to keep both meat and hides, but that I see this legislation as necessary at this time. There's a range of viewpoints amongst hunters. Let's try to work together.
    Nice bait + switch
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Thanks dude. I appreciate it. If you've read the whole forum you'll see that I'm pro grizzly hunt and all for keeping trophies along with the meat. You will also see that I hope we can find a way to keep both meat and hides, but that I see this legislation as necessary at this time. There's a range of viewpoints amongst hunters. Let's try to work together.

Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude
    It will mean you can't keep the hide, skull, or any other part of the bear.

I know, and it's a good thing. We wouldn't want people pretending to be hunting them for the wrong reasons.

^^^you literally said it's a good thing to have to leave the hide and head behind

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Nice bait + switch
    Ha Ha!! Love it!!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

My take on the confusing tale of the government's inept grizzly bear policy.

http://www.andrewweavermla.ca/2017/0...y-bear-policy/

Quote Originally Posted by AJWeaver View Post

Wow this is rich.
    Are you or are you not the guy that is propping these dipshits up?

I've read some interesting posts this evening: lack of understanding of the reasoning behind this legislation, unwilling to look for common ground, conspiracy theories, suggesting violence against folks who voted for the NDP.

Hey mods, are violent comments allowed?

C'mon Gatehouse you seem to be following this thread, what's your opinion?
    My opinion is that anyone who supports legislation forcing hunters to leave useful parts of an animal behind is an absolute idiot.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Good luck with them.... you teamed up now you gotta pay the price.

Hmm trophy is just another word for momento"..to bring back something to remember the experience.i am a meat hunter..how we ate at home when we would have been eating wieners and kfd" still 90 % in my freezer.its pretty easy to shoot a yearling deer, calf moose..it gets harder to fool a wise old whitetail..eat the meat antlers on the wall..truly exceptional animals are head mounts..my choice.my money.....error our money.
    The city slicker don't have the knowledge to survive off the land..fool a whitetail..they choose to ride around in an electric cart chasing and repeatable hitting a defenseless round pocked white ball..unbelievable..
    The laws in BC stipulate the size of the animal allowable for harvest..based on age.size of headgear.making it harder by requiring mature smarter quarrry"
    Mature animals have experience, an intimate knowledge of the land, incredible eyesight, hearing, sense of smell, all developed over years.to harvest on is an acomplished. .they are in far superior strength, stamina..it take considerable effort..ore than a chuck steak from the store.
    Historically the best most brave, hunters were selected to hunt grizzlies..it took real hunting skills, and more than just a tad bit of bravery.the momento..the trophy rug was a sign of accomplishment.a epic achievement. Folks today in the big cities think achievement is endangering others monies as a banker without being caught..
    I still go down and look at what I achieved when effort and opportunity collided..sheep, pronghorn, and yes over 26 year old grizzly..plus photos of folks I helped achieve their dreams.
    There are plenty of grizzlies..it being closed for political promises not conservation. And to insist the heads and hides get scrapped is not respecting the magnification animal, the effort, skill, time..the achievement...I'm proud of my accomplishments..and the momentos"...trophies I brought home..my sheep I carried out the Cape horns. .and d every scrap of meat...20 kms.
    I'm just as proud of bears.
    They represent 1 city.none of the rural area..they will hear..
    Steven

Well,, you pass the BS test with flying colors..nothing fishy here...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    My opinion is that anyone who supports legislation forcing hunters to leave useful parts of an animal behind is an absolute idiot.
    Lol! He did ask for your opinion.