Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    I like hunting, fishing and the outdoors! You?
    One quick question? Do you practice catch and release? Or do you catch just one fish, kill it, and eat it?

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    I can visualize a lot more shot and left because they've been naughty.
    Of course. A return to the bad ol days of SSS for grizzlies
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I only hope the GO's will finally quit using the "trophy" terminology in their advertising and rhetoric ... for all species. If they don't then Sheep, Caribou, Mtn. Goat and Northern Moose will be on the agenda.

Give your head a shake Boyz!

Hunting should always be about the meat ... the yippedy-yap days are done in B.C.

Remember ... we are California North.

It's becoming quite clear to me that a majority of you on these forums would love to hunt grizzly bears for nothing more than their hide and skull on your walls, while leaving the rest of the animal to rot! Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a hunter and this is one of them.
    If you are ever ashamed to be a hunter you have no clue what hunting is and do not deserve to call yourself a hunter.

This is only the start.

Fair Chase Act & Endangered Species/Species-at-risk Act no doubt will be introduced/re-introduced.

Remember from May 26, 2011-
    New Democrat MLA Michael Sather introduced the Fair Chase Act today, a bill which would clarify rules around using motor vehicles while hunting…..
    the Fair Chase Act will serve to eliminate the definition of harass ambiguity….
    All hunters must allow wildlife a fair opportunity to escape as part of the chase

Say goodbye to road hunting as we know it.
    No more baiting.
    Only a matter of time- grizzly will be classified under Species-at-risk. They have their own biologists just waiting for the recount.
    No grizzly hunting whether trophy or otherwise.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Ltbullken View Post
    I wonder if the ecotours will pay a royalty and support the habitat conservation fund the way hunters have done for decades. Bets?
    Very good point here.

We as hunters put alot of money each year into conservation. Most of the people who voted for the end of the Grizz hunt don't know what conservation is..

Easily the worst type of meat I've ever eaten.
    So did you eat the whole wolf? Also what did you do with the hide and head?! You better have left it in the bush to rot otherwise you are nothing but a hipocrate, and if you did leave it to rot, then you wasted part of that animal that can be used. So tell us...which type of idiot are you?!

This just the beginning of the NDP's "final solution" to the hunting question, there's far worse to come.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I'm pro-grizzly hunting. I don't like wastefulness. Maybe hunters should have had a louder voice re: meat retention in the past, so there wasn't a need for this policy.
    You dont know what you are talking about. This has nothing to do with meat consumption and everything to do with the NDP desperately grasping at new ways to chase votes by playing on emotions.
    …..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

This site has become infected with NDP trolls, the ignore button is not sufficient.