Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Why can't some of you understand the reason for this? It's to prevent people from lying about their intentions when they hunt grizz. Allowing the retention of these items provides an out for people who would be purely trophy hunting.
    But this is the case with any hunt. Or do you fundamentally believe all hunters are liars and can't be trusted?
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Maybe a stool sample to Victoria would be appropriate?
    Probably enough of that over there already....

I can visualize a lot more shot and left because they've been naughty.

We all need to keep hunting them anyway! If we stop putting in for grizz leh they will definitely close the hunt! If we keep doing it and keep talking about the sad waste that these pricks are allowing then maybe we have hope of winning

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    ... Unforunatley if you hunt and supported the ndp. You are supporting your own demise. Or the end of something you love.
    It's scary how many did vote for them (or green) and will admit it with unwavering confidence. I have a hard time listening to people about how government should be run when they've never had to make payroll that actually supports BC families or manage a successful small, medium or large business of any type.

From a conservation standpoint, the best hunt is one that kills the mature boar and leaves the meat behind.

From the standpoint of most human concepts about waste, taking all parts of the bear is the most palatable.

Taking only the meat and being forced to leave the head and hide behind makes the least sense. It's verging on immoral.
    Leaving the head and hide and only taking the meat is a massive waste and a big blow to our cottage industry of taxidermists throughout the province too.
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

I wonder if the ecotours will pay a royalty and support the habitat conservation fund the way hunters have done for decades. Bets?
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I know, and it's a good thing. We wouldn't want people pretending to be hunting them for the wrong reasons.
    You've shown your colors....

If I kill an animal, I want to make use of as much as the animal as I can. To have legislated waste is not a solution to anything. Tell the people of BC, they are going put millions into habitat.....They are going to change forestry practices, resources based practices that strips animals of much needed wintering habitat...That would help grizzlies and all other animals. Why choose one animal with healthy numbers to put all your time into. That is such a waste of time and money and effort.

There are many species in the province with unhealthy numbers, yet you and your "conservationist" friends don't educate people about those animals. Just the ones that give you return on your investments right!

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    I can visualize a lot more shot and left because they've been naughty.
    Yup won't take many years for human grizz conflicts to go way up. The irony is the last thing this social engineering attempt will help is the grizzly bears.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Very well put Rob C. I tried to articulate that the NDP's reason for the ban (that it is "socially unacceptable") is based solely and admittedly on emotions (as misguided as they may be) rather than science based conservation.

I think it is outrageous our government would admit their rule of law is based on "social acceptability". With that precedent, any loaded poll is justification for new bans/laws.

I truly believe this is what real conservationists need to be pointing out. It is admitted the ban is based on social acceptance, aka emotions, NOT science. It was stated in their own words.

They had to thank their mindless idiot voters somehow, why not do it by admitting they only are in because of a popularity contest