Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    I don't have an issue with the hunt at all! I support a grizzly hunt.. but not trophy only like it is now!
    I guess your new, so will mention to you that it has never been a trophy only hunt. Do you keep the wolf meat or is that just a trophy hunt for you? So one again because you are new, you can take the meat home if you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

Say goodbye to the tens of thousands of dollars that non residents bring to the economy for Griz hunting. It will be going to the neighbours now.

Spring bear ear hunting was stopped in Ontario many years ago because of bleeding hearts. The bear population exploded and its impacted the ungulates severely and the bears moved into rural areas and became so bad a nuisance they re instated a spring hunt.

The grizzlys will mal a few people, eat some dogs, kill more moose and elk, and in 10 years the government will go 'oh crap' and the open it for trophy hunting again. Because really if you can't take the trophy with you, who's going to take grizzly over moose, elk, or deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    I have seen you make a concerted effort to divide hunters ever since joining.
    You appear to jump from thread to thread stirring the pot.
    You are Not doing the hunting community or the sport any favours.
    I won't respond to your response as you are speaking from a place of emotion, science.
    i wish you and Jasmine great success this hunting season, maybe Wolfdown is available
    *concerted

I have a decent black bear on my wall, but I ate it too. Maybe as hunters we can think of a way to ensure the grizzlies would be eaten as well as being trophies (edit: then lobby for change). That seems like the best case scenario.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Arrow Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by .300WSMImpact! View Post
    I see we have anti hunters on this forum now,
    At least two identified on this thread.
    Either anti's with an agenda, or completely uninformed ignorant city boyz, or trolls.

Regardless, their drivel on this topic is much the same as every single time they post here.
    There is an IGNORE button for a reason.
    For me, that will have to suffice until the admin here recognizes them for the Idjuts that they are...

Happy I have a fall grizz tag.
    Now going to make a point of actioning it.
    And what with a couple of moose in tow, I will be quite unlikely to extract anything but the hide and skull...

Ticked,
    Matt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I don't have an issue with the hunt at all! I support a grizzly hunt.. but not trophy only like it is now!
    I am not into trophies either, but how does motive for the hunt (trophy vs meat) make any difference when it comes to wildlife management goals signed off on by biologists?

This should be about science and conservation, not emotion or "what is socially acceptable" as the NDP stated to be the reason for the ban.

If we create laws based on what the masses are manipulate to believe is "not socially acceptable" firearms and hunting in general will be out the door before we know it.

Glad I did not vote this year...

Can't say I contributed to this shatshow
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Kudos to those of you that have the patience to explain things to the mentally handicapped trolling this forum.

SRupp has written some knowledgeable responses as has bearvalley.
    The biggest loser in this will be the bears. They will become a nuisance. They will be eliminated for it. Bravo to the dipshits that voted NDP.

It's becoming quite clear to me that a majority of you on these forums would love to hunt grizzly bears for nothing more than their hide and skull on your walls, while leaving the rest of the animal to rot! Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a hunter and this is one of them.
    To think a pile of meat in the bush is left to rot is completely ignorant of the way nature works. Such comments show your hubris and lack of logic. A dead grizzly would be a gift to thousands of of other creatures in the area. Any dogs or cats in the area would quickly devour most of it as well as all the different small mammals, birds and rodents that would feed on the carcass. You seem to think of only yourself when it comes to hunting. The benefit to the young ungulates born that spring are obvious if there is less predation.

You are obviously a troll anyway. Complaining about only taking hides with a handle like WOLFDOWN. Give us a break asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    *concerted

I have a decent black bear on my wall, but I ate it too. Maybe as hunters we can think of a way to ensure the grizzlies would be eaten as well as being trophies (edit: then lobby for change). That seems like the best case scenario.
    You mean like...maybe...a meat retention law?

Holy shit! Then...wait...i think I have this right....you would have to take...hmmm....the meat? Do I have that right? Take the meat out with you, along with the skull and hide?

Aren't you a trophy hunter? With that "decent" black bear on your wall? Not a great one, that would be a big bear. The sort that would be a real.....trophy???
    Last edited by Squamch; 08-14-2017 at 06:37 PM.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by klondiker View Post
    There's obviously two trolls involved in the thread. Some of the comment they've made are mind boggling, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

When you read the article on CBC, they actually state "It's not a matter of numbers, it's a matter of society has come to the point in B.C. where they are no longer in favour of the grizzly bear trophy hunt". There is zero science behind that comment, along with zero science behind banning the hunt.

For you grizzly bear hunters in B.C, I feel sorry for you. No rationale was undertaken in making this decision. Now time will tell whether they still allow you guys to bring the hide and skull home with the meat. If that's the case, I would be able to tolerate that. But I can tell you that I probably wouldn't think of shooting a grizzly 30-40km from the road while on a sheep/goat/caribou hunt.

As well, another scenario that this could bring about, is people going out and shooting the bears and leaving them to waste, and then not punching their tag, and just saying they didn't get one. The whole point of hunting is about having fun and putting food on the table, while creating memories. And by having that grizzly hanging on the wall, or over the back of your couch or however you choose to have it mounted, that's the whole point of taxidermy, for the art and to re-live those past hunts.
    I'm not a troll at all and don't know the other gentlemen in anyway!
    I have my view, you have yours and he has his! Fortunately for the grizzly bears the government has ours! Plus you try to make it sound in your post that you can't them at all! Which is untrue.. just can't hunt them for what you want! Your opinion is based off of your agenda