Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by cpwrestler View Post
    Oh I get it. To you it's not about wastefulness, it's about what you and the ndp/greens believe is morally acceptable. In this case, you all believe any killing of grizzly bears is morally wrong. I don't share that opinion. I believe in evidence based management of our wildlife and sustainable harvest.

I also believe that preserving the hide, paws and skull commemorates the experience of the hunt, the memory and the respect for my quarry that only a hunt can provide. Out of respect for the animal, I can get behind a keep the meat approach. I can't get behind your emotionally based ideology that passes judgement on others without any evidence that my practices and beliefs harm the overall ecosystem.

I dont ever ever expect you to understand what it means to experience a hunt like this. The deep connection to nature that it provides. I just wish you and the NDP/greens would respect what it means to me and those on this forum.
    I'm pro-grizzly hunting. I don't like wastefulness. Maybe hunters should have had a louder voice re: meat retention in the past, so there wasn't a need for this policy.

Grizzlies are a public resource. The public has a say in the use of their resources.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Mist View Post
    Just curious what you take off a moose? you eat the brains, tongue, lungs, heart, liver, intestines. You make leather out of the skin? knife handles out of the antlers? if not , have a look in the mirror and shame away. you cry yourself to sleep every night about all the animals dying in the forest and their carcasses rotting into the earth? people like you are bizarre, sell your guns and get a PETA membership.
    Someone sounds upset they won't be able to strictly "trophy" hunt for at least the next few years!

To wolf down: sounds like someone is C you next Tuesday celebrating wildlife mis-management.

So on the one hand they justify wanton unregulated FN hunting because the stewards of the land use every part of the animal and that makes it OK. Now I want to use every part of the animal and they say no you can't keep the hide or the head... sounds like a contradiction to me.
    Last edited by Asco; 08-14-2017 at 06:26 PM. Reason: C you
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    And who are you to moralize to people? Why do you feel your beliefs should be pushed on to others? You don't like the hunt? Don't participate. But that's not what you're championing is it? It's not that the species is in decline. The NDP just admitted there are an estimated 15,000 bears in the province of which only 250 taken annually. So this is about you subjecting people to your moral/ehtical code. What are you going to say to the next Vegan Premier that bans Moose hunting because they find it morally unacceptable?
    I don't have an issue with the hunt at all! I support a grizzly hunt.. but not trophy only like it is now!

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I get these comments periodically. Lol, I've been hunting since about 1985. I'm hardly a newbie, just new to this forum.
    I have seen you make a concerted effort to divide hunters ever since joining.
    You appear to jump from thread to thread stirring the pot.
    You are Not doing the hunting community or the sport any favours.
    I won't respond to your response as you are speaking from a place of emotion,Not science.
    i wish you and Jasmine great success this hunting season, maybe Wolfdown is available
    Last edited by Blainer; 08-14-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    What kind of hunting do you do? Got any pics of that wolf down?
    I do, yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    Havent got one yet but as a youth I had one beside my bed instead of a carpet. Got a picture of the meat of one in your freezer?
    No, I don't because I don't hunt grizzly! I hunt only what I eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    So we knew they were going to end all grizzly hunting in the "Great Bear Forest" as did the Liberals, so it's the banning of the "Trophy" hunt that is the NDP's big play then, right?
    Does the "Trophy Hunt" ban then mean that you must haul out the meat ?
    Many even on this site seemed in favour of that ??
    What I read is it will be prohibited to be in possession of any hide head or paws of any grizzly bear so there's nothing but the meat left after that.

There's obviously two trolls involved in the thread. Some of the comment they've made are mind boggling, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

When you read the article on CBC, they actually state "It's not a matter of numbers, it's a matter of society has come to the point in B.C. where they are no longer in favour of the grizzly bear trophy hunt". There is zero science behind that comment, along with zero science behind banning the hunt.

For you grizzly bear hunters in B.C, I feel sorry for you. No rationale was undertaken in making this decision. Now time will tell whether they still allow you guys to bring the hide and skull home with the meat. If that's the case, I would be able to tolerate that. But I can tell you that I probably wouldn't think of shooting a grizzly 30-40km from the road while on a sheep/goat/caribou hunt.

As well, another scenario that this could bring about, is people going out and shooting the bears and leaving them to waste, and then not punching their tag, and just saying they didn't get one. The whole point of hunting is about having fun and putting food on the table, while creating memories. And by having that grizzly hanging on the wall, or over the back of your couch or however you choose to have it mounted, that's the whole point of taxidermy, for the art and to re-live those past hunts.

Every hunter saves the rack etc. from the animals they kill. Its part of hunting and memories. You're a fool to be excited about government imposed morals. You should see that this is just another step against hunting in general, I'm sure you 2 are just anti hunting trolls anyways.
    BTW I've been on a successful grizz hunt, removing and keeping meat, hide and skull.
    Proud member of the fringe minority!