Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    Not at all there jasmine.
    Lol, I'm not Jasmine, and I'm not anti-hunting.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm then you do not know some of the benifit s that come from hunting grizzlies..
    Taking out old male bears saves countless young cubs that get killed so the female will come back into heat for passing his genes on..
    Grizzlies have come to recognize negative impact of interacting with humans when hunting is in place..now grizzlies will come to realize no impact from humans with just 3 cameras strung around their necks..other than humans are delicious. .
    In a eco system with grizzlies being top apex predator..they can live to 30 years..grizzlies do not do well in close contact with other bears., canabalism"..chasing younger bears out of older bears range into..? Certainly more conflict with humans..ranchers..rural populations..not anywhere NDP represent..
    Populations should be based on a balance..not for economic benifit of couple coastal native groups.
    There have been reported that there are in excess of 150 SURPLUS grizzlies over optimal carrying capacities in the lower Bella Coola valley..that dangerous situation will rapidly develop in all rural areas of bc that historically had grizzly populations..outside of downtown vancouver.
    The first individual mauled or killed the familly should go after horgan. .basket weaver. .this decision is not science it is purely political.
    Now the next election guides will have incentive to kick the no rain ers out.
    Only positive is grizzly numbers will grow, animals will get older, bigger for when reason returns.
    In the meantime moose, elk calves will die in greater numbers .
    Spent 30 years amongst these magnification animals..this political grandiose decision is not in the bear's, nor humans interest.
    Steven
    you'll still be able to hunt them..

Quote Originally Posted by .300WSMImpact! View Post
    I see we have anti hunters on this forum now,
    Well, in fairness, he was right! It's a silly idea and the guy is obviously upset about this decision! 😥

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Lol, because grizzlies are largely hunted just for the hide. Are moose? Nope, therefore the rules aren't needed for moose.
    Reflect on the ignorance of this logic....

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    That's what I heard on CBC radio news. The difference? People have bought into the spirit bear bullshit and other non scientific supported emotions that grizzlies are king or some bullshit, and they've sold it to the uneducated and the NDGreens are capitalizing on it. They're just another animal, and one that needs to be managed more than any other I can think of. So now you can kill one but not use the fur, that's cruel. WTF? A joke of all jokes of hunting regs world wide IMO
    I think some hunters are making decisions based in emotion. Think it through, this seems like good policy. What are hunters really losing? The experience? No. The meat? No. Some decoration that hangs on the wall and is thrown in the garbage after we get old and go into a home? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Reflect on the ignorance of this logic....
    Please explain it in detail. I'm curious to read it.

Bad idea based on biased information. Same amount of bears will eventually be killed (if not more) by COs or by those living in remote rural places embracing the 3 S philosophy.

I'm very proud to be an NDP supporter today!
    Im happy for you, but not so happy for the hunting community. The hunting community has a better understanding of conservation, they also supply the biggest financial resources for conservation. They have studied the huge success in Africa and recognize the importance in of predator hunting. This is the first step for the NDP to manage conservation based on the emotion of the many that know little of conservation and the outdoors. It's only a matter of time until they get a love on for sheep, goats, cougar, wolves, coyotes and such. Although the meat is eaten from many of the noted animals, the govt implimented trophy status on some of the noted when hunting, male only, full curl and such.
    We as hunters agree with many of these decisions as they were based on science, NOT emotion.
    Im glad you feel so proud of your political party, as a hunter, I'm very disappointed, think I best have a cold beer, I'd invite you, but you would hate all the dead animals on my wall. I best call another hunter that likely has some great stories and pictures to share. Good luck this season.
    Last edited by Blainer; 08-14-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

I think some hunters are making decisions based in emotion. Think it through, this seems like good policy. What are hunters really losing? The experience? No. The meat? No. Some decoration that hangs on the wall and is thrown in the garbage after we get old and go into a home? Yes.
    Its not about hunters and hunting, only that they are a tool in what's most important, and that's managing the apex predator in our ecosystems. This will cause imbalance and a lot of bears will die because of it. COs have to kill bears now they'll have to kill a hell of a lot more and there will be a lot of bad human encounters and for certain more deaths. Live in the interior or central coast for a spell it might come a little clearer for you.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

So they were concerned about the wastefulness of leaving meat behind so they introduce legislation that encourages wastefulness by forcing hunters to leave behind the hide, skull and claws.