Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    Sure, they used them to stay warm etc etc! Not to put on their walls! Got a picture of your grizzly hide coat to show me? I didn't think so.
    And who are you to moralize to people? Why do you feel your beliefs should be pushed on to others? You don't like the hunt? Don't participate. But that's not what you're championing is it? It's not that the species is in decline. The NDP just admitted there are an estimated 15,000 bears in the province of which only 250 taken annually. So this is about you subjecting people to your moral/ehtical code. What are you going to say to the next Vegan Premier that bans Moose hunting because they find it morally unacceptable?
    Last edited by 180grainer; 08-14-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Mist View Post
    Good post. Hopefully some common sense will prevail and hide/head can be retained. Otherwise there would no longer be CI, which would also hurt the species. The larger problem is this premise of meat retention being the center of logic to allow hunting. If it starts getting applied to all predators, well then all the ungulates are in trouble. This in effect is a re branding of what hunting is by anti hunters, with the ultimate goal being a ban on all hunting.
    My belief is that if it ever gets to the point that if non retention of hides, skulls and claws carries over to all predators....it will be the demise of predators.
    If an Apex predator is turned into a valueless competitor...the valueless competitor will be eliminated.
    It has happened in other places to other species.
    It will happen here.

It's becoming quite clear to me that a majority of you on these forums would love to hunt grizzly bears for nothing more than their hide and skull on your walls, while leaving the rest of the animal to rot! Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a hunter and this is one of them.
    you know little of conservation. I enjoy dialogue with hunters regarding conservation and hunting, but I should have said educated dialogue regarding hunting and conservation, not dialogue based on emotion.
    Study Africa
    Look at the lion demise after they haulted lion hunting because of Cecile. Possibly look at the great success with giraffe in Africa.
    At least take the time to study how many cubs are killed by Boar Grizzly and compare it to the minimal amount being harvested
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Think it through. Why does this need to be this way?
    Oh I get it. To you it's not about wastefulness, it's about what you and the ndp/greens believe is morally acceptable. In this case, you all believe any killing of grizzly bears is morally wrong. I don't share that opinion. I believe in evidence based management of our wildlife and sustainable harvest.

I also believe that preserving the hide, paws and skull commemorates the experience of the hunt, the memory and the respect for my quarry that only a hunt can provide. Out of respect for the animal, I can get behind a keep the meat approach. I can't get behind your emotionally based ideology that passes judgement on others without any evidence that my practices and beliefs harm the overall ecosystem.

I dont ever ever expect you to understand what it means to experience a hunt like this. The deep connection to nature that it provides. I just wish you and the NDP/greens would respect what it means to me and those on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    You gotta lot of mouth for a newbie. Why did you come here again?
    I like hunting, fishing and the outdoors! You?

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I think some hunters are making decisions based in emotion. Think it through, this seems like good policy. What are hunters really losing? The experience? No. The meat? No. Some decoration that hangs on the wall and is thrown in the garbage after we get old and go into a home? Yes.
    We want wildlife management to be based on science and conservation, not emotion.

They stated no actual reason for ending the hunt, other than "it is not socially acceptable".

As society becomes more urbanized, coddled and quite frankly brainwashed, banning things with no reason than " the manipulated masses think so" is going to be the norm.

People are saying that use of non-gender neutral words like "he", " she" or "wife" is no longer acceptable. Recently we discovered speaking out again race/gender discrimination (in the disguise of "affirmative action") is not socially acceptable. What happens when owning a firearm in general is not socially acceptable? Another decade of loaded propaganda headlines by the Province/Global/CBC/etc and it is likely any sort of hunting will no longer be "socially acceptable"

As hunters, all that matters is that a hunt is sustainable and that wildlife populations are properly managed. Motive for the hunt (trophy, meat, etc) is simply irrelevant from a scientific perspective.

What kind of hunting do you do? Got any pics of that wolf down?
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by cpwrestler View Post
    Oh I get it. To you it's not about wastefulness, it's about what you and the ndp/greens believe is morally acceptable. In this case, you all believe any killing of grizzly bears is morally wrong. I don't share that opinion. I believe in evidence based management of our wildlife and sustainable harvest.

I also believe that preserving the hide, paws and skull commemorates the experience of the hunt, the memory and the respect for my quarry that only a hunt can provide. Out of respect for the animal, I can get behind a keep the meat approach. I can't get behind your emotionally based ideology that passes judgement on others without any evidence that my practices and beliefs harm the overall ecosystem.

I dont ever ever expect you to understand what it means to experience a hunt like this. The deep connection to nature that it provides. I just wish you and the NDP/greens would respect what it means to me and those on this forum.
    You're more than welcome to hunt them, I even encourage you to, but the wall art not so much. Commemorate that bear well you're eating it.

I get these comments periodically. Lol, I've been hunting since about 1985. I'm hardly a newbie, just new to this forum.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

You also like trolling this sight too, don't forget to add that...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..