Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

WhileE=Fisher-Dude;1926877]It will mean you can't keep the hide, skull, or any other part of the bear.[/QUOTE]

While I believe that's where they are headed, the current legislative requirements declare that once tagged legally the wildlife ceases to be a crown item and belongs to the hunter.
    Indeed 99.% but not all hunters would stop hunting IMO if the skull, hide had to be abandoned in the wild or turned in for fitted to crown for destruction?

Question..does this mean ALL guided hunts for residents, and non residents is now for meat only after Nov 30?
    So guy drops $20,000 flies to BC from wherever just to only be allowed to take the meat home? Hide, skull gets turned in, destroyed?
    Those hunts just became worthless..hunters will ignore BC and head to Alaska , Yukon.
    Who was the complete dip $ hit cheering for NDP on hunting site.seriously?
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    What's bullshit about that???
    Maybe because it's frustrating to not be able to keep the cape. It seems necessary though.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I'm very proud to be an NDP supporter today!
    I far from support the NDP, but I do agree with this one whole heartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    WhileE=Fisher-Dude;1926877]It will mean you can't keep the hide, skull, or any other part of the bear.
    While I believe that's where they are headed, the current legislative requirements declare that once tagged legally the wildlife ceases to be a crown item and belongs to the hunter.
    Indeed 99.% but not all hunters would stop hunting IMO if the skull, hide had to be abandoned in the wild or turned in for fitted to crown for destruction?

Question..does this mean ALL guided hunts for residents, and non residents is now for meat only after Nov 30?
    So guy drops $20,000 flies to BC from wherever just to only be allowed to take the meat home? Hide, skull gets turned in, destroyed?
    Those hunts just became worthless..hunters will ignore BC and head to Alaska , Yukon.
    Srupp[/QUOTE]

I can't hunt and be an NDP supporter? Of course I can. NDP...woo-hoo!
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post

Srupp
    They'll use the same criteria as gall bladders to confiscate the head and skull, so that will override the transfer of ownership to the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Oh but those NDPers living in there condos are happy and thats where the votes come from.The interior of this province is going to be completely forgotten.I feel the way about the LML as the west feels about Toronto

I don't know anybody that have eaten grizzly, did natives eat them?

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    I don't know anybody that have eaten grizzly, did natives eat them?

I know dogs will eat the meat..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by #49 View Post
    Oh but those NDPers living in there condos are happy and thats where the votes come from.The interior of this province is going to be completely forgotten.I feel the way about the LML as the west feels about Toronto
    Divisive politics. It's the modus operandi of the left.

The NDP turned public opinion strongly against hunters in return for votes in this election. A city slicker doesn't know the difference between a trophy hunter and a moose meat hunter, and the NDP (and Weaver) preyed on that by throwing us all under the bus. The city slicker was just reminded that all hunters are bloodthirsty savages.

Hell, even Weaver himself described us as "barbaric" yet some dopes on here were dumb enough to vote for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    I far from support the NDP, but I do agree with this one whole heartedly.
    Hmm then you do not know some of the benifit s that come from hunting grizzlies..
    Taking out old male bears saves countless young cubs that get killed so the female will come back into heat for passing his genes on..
    Grizzlies have come to recognize negative impact of interacting with humans when hunting is in place..now grizzlies will come to realize no impact from humans with just 3 cameras strung around their necks..other than humans are delicious. .
    In a eco system with grizzlies being top apex predator..they can live to 30 years..grizzlies do not do well in close contact with other bears., canabalism"..chasing younger bears out of older bears range into..? Certainly more conflict with humans..ranchers..rural populations..not anywhere NDP represent..
    Populations should be based on a balance..not for economic benifit of couple coastal native groups.
    There have been reported that there are in excess of 150 SURPLUS grizzlies over optimal carrying capacities in the lower Bella Coola valley..that dangerous situation will rapidly develop in all rural areas of bc that historically had grizzly populations..outside of downtown vancouver.
    The first individual mauled or killed the familly should go after horgan. .basket weaver. .this decision is not science it is purely political.
    Now the next election guides will have incentive to kick the no rain ers out.
    Only positive is grizzly numbers will grow, animals will get older, bigger for when reason returns.
    In the meantime moose, elk calves will die in greater numbers .
    Spent 30 years amongst these magnification animals..this political grandiose decision is not in the bear's, nor humans interest.
    Steven