Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

The sad part about Government passing feel-good legislation is that those that feel good can then move on to other things. In our case probably forgetting about wildlife and wild places altogether....

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Why is taking all parts of an animal wrong? Is it wrong to kill a big deer and take its antlers too?

And why do you think you should be able to judge others for their personal beliefs on why they hunt?
    do you take and use the meat of that deer? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    do you take and use the meat of that deer? Yes.
    So if a person takes both the meat and hide of a grizzly is it "right" or "wrong" in your opinion?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    So Wolfdown, what will you have to say when several of these G Bears continue to hammer on the ever shrinking Caribou heards they feast upon? How are you going to react when the last of these Bou heard fall due to poor management of our forests and wildlife, G Bears included? You will Likely blame the hunters again. How about the Moose they pig out on, they have a huge part of there demise too.

for your information, One big ol Boar in Alaska, recently collared, over a 45 day period, had killed 27 Moose. Itself.

Give yourself and your Islandwandering buddy a serious look at who cares for all wildlife rather then Fuzzy Wuzzy the Bear. Your certainly not looking at the full picture. It's people like you, and the poor decisions of management that are to blame for the demise of many of our mismanaged species. Now the ND Greens as well, pathetic.

You missed your calling with a Dude and friends in Alaska a few years back, when he thought he could live with the G Bears ........ Well after the moose and other wildlife was all eaten up, Browny the Fuzzy Wuzzy GBear had Dude and his friend for Dinner too. Then guess what, Conservation officers destroyed that Bear ... It's His Fault that that Bear was destroyed, .... Why don't ya give that a try and see how it goes?

They need to be managed, ALL wildlife needs to be managed, and harvest through proper management and hunting can help ALL Wildlife not just G Bears. It's folks like you and friends that share your ill informed opinion that don't look at the entire picture and appreciate Wildlife like most hunters do, that are to blame for much of our Wildlife issues today. Shame on you all.

Your closed minded thinking and the appreciation to wildlife from Hunters is mind blowing. If it was not for Hunters, and our conservation concerns, many of species of wildlife would not be prevailing as they are today. GBears included .

Why hey don't cha drop in a see my man cave, my So Called Trophy room. None of which are records, all of which every part of that could be used was. All Trophys to me, All of which have been eaten by my family and friends, bones for our dogs, leather, fur and hair for crafts and hobbies .....and My Wonderful Trophys.... As you call them.. All appreciated on my walls, by family and friends, including a few Fuzzy Wuzzys, great memories, great eating, legal sound harvest of mature past their prime Wildlife.

Hey were having Wild Goose for dinner tonight, drop in, have some, heck I'll even put a Trophy mounted Goose on the counter where you can see what your eating .... And you can appreciate ... Trophy Goose.

Keep your blinders on, run for a political position with the NDGreens, you will fit right in.
    I think you need to keep your blinders on if you think it's the animals causing the demise of that small herd of caribou! Couldn't be the complete destruction of their habitat by all the oil, gas or mining! No of course it's the grizzly bears! Shocking. You act like you can't manage them because you can't take their hide!? Jesus the hunt is still on.. therefore still being managed.
    Last edited by Wolfdown; 08-16-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    So Wolfdown, what will you have to say when several of these G Bears continue to hammer on the ever shrinking Caribou heards they feast upon? How are you going to react when the last of these Bou heard fall due to poor management of our forests and wildlife, G Bears included? You will Likely blame the hunters again. How about the Moose they pig out on, they have a huge part of there demise too.

for your information, One big ol Boar in Alaska, recently collared, over a 45 day period, had killed 27 Moose. Itself.

Give yourself and your Islandwandering buddy a serious look at who cares for all wildlife rather then Fuzzy Wuzzy the Bear. Your certainly not looking at the full picture. It's people like you, and the poor decisions of management that are to blame for the demise of many of our mismanaged species. Now the ND Greens as well, pathetic.

You missed your calling with a Dude and friends in Alaska a few years back, when he thought he could live with the G Bears ........ Well after the moose and other wildlife was all eaten up, Browny the Fuzzy Wuzzy GBear had Dude and his friend for Dinner too. Then guess what, Conservation officers destroyed that Bear ... It's His Fault that that Bear was destroyed, .... Why don't ya give that a try and see how it goes?

They need to be managed, ALL wildlife needs to be managed, and harvest through proper management and hunting can help ALL Wildlife not just G Bears. It's folks like you and friends that share your ill informed opinion that don't look at the entire picture and appreciate Wildlife like most hunters do, that are to blame for much of our Wildlife issues today. Shame on you all.

Your closed minded thinking and the appreciation to wildlife from Hunters is mind blowing. If it was not for Hunters, and our conservation concerns, many of species of wildlife would not be prevailing as they are today. GBears included .

Why hey don't cha drop in a see my man cave, my So Called Trophy room. None of which are records, all of which every part of that could be used was. All Trophys to me, All of which have been eaten by my family and friends, bones for our dogs, leather, fur and hair for crafts and hobbies .....and My Wonderful Trophys.... As you call them.. All appreciated on my walls, by family and friends, including a few Fuzzy Wuzzys, great memories, great eating, legal sound harvest of mature past their prime Wildlife.

Hey were having Wild Goose for dinner tonight, drop in, have some, heck I'll even put a Trophy mounted Goose on the counter where you can see what your eating .... And you can appreciate ... Trophy Goose.

Keep your blinders on, run for a political position with the NDGreens, you will fit right in.
    Well said CT!

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    I think you need to keep your blinders on if you think it's the animals causing the demise of that small herd of caribou! Couldn't be the complete destruction of their habitat by all the oil, gas or mining! No of course it's the grizzly bears! Shocking.

Blinders yet again ....... READ WHAT IT SAYS

How are you going to react when the last of these Bou heards fall due to poor management of our forests and wildlife G Bears included. You are BLIND aren't you! Are you sure your name isn't Anthony ........?

Wolfdown:

You keep trying to advance and argument that this policy is good, but you don't provide actual reasons. You even use the term "the right reasons", but you don't provide any.

I'm going to go out on a limb here. You want government to enforce your will on other people because that allows you to control what they do. It's that simple.

If you've got an actual argument indicating why this policy is good by all means write it down and share it. Otherwise start being honest about your love of control.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Have to say l am a supporter with the requirement to have to take the bear meat. That said and to be clear I am a hypocrite because I have no problem shooting prairie dogs, coyotes, wolves, or trapping.
    And I think leaving the hide and head is rediculous. I am a trophy hunter. My pursuit for a mountain goat continues and I don't do that for the fine table fare. I hope to one day have a beautiful goat mount to remind me of the years of ups and downs experienced in the mountains trying to get him.

When I lost an animal after a shot a couple years back it nearly ruined my desire to hunt. I personally can't wrap my head around ones comfort with leaving bear meat in the bush.

All that said, I'd love to have the opportunity to hunt griz again. Be nice to have a big griz rug. But like the goats, I certainly wouldn't hunt one just for it's meat. And I'm sure this is exactly the reason behind the new regulation.

I would not hunt ag bear for meat and leave hide, head in woods.nor pack it out to be destroyed.
    It's the only argument they use to start stopping g bear hunt.
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    So if a person takes both the meat and hide of a grizzly is it "right" or "wrong" in your opinion?
    Yes, in my opinion I would say that's alright, with that being said though.. the grizzly hunt has been and currently is a "trophy" hunt whether or not you care to admit it. Many of these boneheads on this fourm have already insinuated that on this thread already which gives fuel for the fire of people who don't agree with it. They can't just say you have to take meat because that won't solve the real problem.. anyone can then just say I'm a grizzly meat hunter which very few if any are as many have already stated in this thread. (Taking the meat to the dump etc etc etc) should maybe be more careful with what they say.