Page 41 of 78 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Completely incorrect. Opinion of hunters is at all time high not seen since most of us were born. Even urbanites these days are accepting of hunting. The "hipster hunter" phenomenon is a very real thing.

There are some problems with ignorance about perceived "trophy hunting" and ignorance about killing "pretty" animals like wolves and bears though.

FOr the most part, hunting is well received these days.
    How is perceiving it as "trophy hunting" ignorant? That is literally exactly what it is. How is shooting an animal and then proceeding to leave ALL of the meat (most not all do this) and taking only the show off portions not considered a trophy hunt?! Let me guess you don't consider rhino or elephants as trophy hunts either? Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Have you turned any of those in that still do this and if so what was done by the CO service or said by them when reported.
    That would not be the definition of SSS .☝

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    it doesn't matter from a conversation standpoint, but that's not the point of this. You'll still be able to conserve and hunt these animals but for the right reasons. You know it, I know it, everyone knows that these animals are hunted for one reason right now and it's not a good one. This changes that.
    Only according to you and the rest of the anti hunters.

Wolfdown.....Your right! This new law change everything, But not in a good way.

If hunters are not being allowed to retain the hide or skull it will result in less people hunting Grizzlies. Which over Time will increase the grizz population while at the same time reduce ungulate populations.

As a hunter......I should have the right to keep all of the animal that I harvest not the parts that anit hunters feel is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Mist View Post
    Only according to you and the rest of the anti hunters.
    I mean I just really don't see how you could argue that! For the record, I am not an anti hunter nor am I an NDP supporter. I just don't get it you all make it seem like you can't hunt them at all just because you're upset that you can't take the only parts you actually want.

I mean I just really don't see how you could argue that! For the record, I am not an anti hunter nor am I an NDP supporter. I just don't get it you all make it seem like you can't hunt them at all just because you're upset that you can't take the only parts you actually want.
    Your argument is really quite weak ..... If the animal is taken legally and there are only x numbers of tags sold , why would there be a problem with a hunter removing any or all parts of the bear ?
    I suppose the alternative is to kill more "problem" bears as the need arises . I

it doesn't matter from a conversation standpoint, but that's not the point of this. You'll still be able to conserve and hunt these animals but for the right reasons. You know it, I know it, everyone knows that these animals are hunted for one reason right now and it's not a good one. This changes that.
    What makes this different from trapping? It's as senseless to leave hide and head in the bush as it is the meat. Killing and managing big predators is a part of conservation, always has been and in the end dead is dead so besides people who have next to zero knowledge on the subject telling us what's "morally" acceptable why does it matter what happens post kill?

Why is taking all parts of an animal wrong? Is it wrong to kill a big deer and take its antlers too?

And why do you think you should be able to judge others for their personal beliefs on why they hunt?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

How is perceiving it as "trophy hunting" ignorant? That is literally exactly what it is. How is shooting an animal and then proceeding to leave ALL of the meat (most not all do this) and taking only the show off portions not considered a trophy hunt?! Let me guess you don't consider rhino or elephants as trophy hunts either? Jesus.
    So if the meat is taken (like with an elephant hunt) then is it still a trophy hunt only ?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

guest Guest

So Wolfdown, what will you have to say when several of these G Bears continue to hammer on the ever shrinking Caribou heards they feast upon? How are you going to react when the last of these Bou heard fall due to poor management of our forests and wildlife, G Bears included? You will Likely blame the hunters again. How about the Moose they pig out on, they have a huge part of there demise too.

for your information, One big ol Boar in Alaska, recently collared, over a 45 day period, had killed 27 Moose. Itself.

Give yourself and your Islandwandering buddy a serious look at who cares for all wildlife rather then Fuzzy Wuzzy the Bear. Your certainly not looking at the full picture. It's people like you, and the poor decisions of management that are to blame for the demise of many of our mismanaged species. Now the ND Greens as well, pathetic.

You missed your calling with a Dude and friends in Alaska a few years back, when he thought he could live with the G Bears ........ Well after the moose and other wildlife was all eaten up, Browny the Fuzzy Wuzzy GBear had Dude and his friend for Dinner too. Then guess what, Conservation officers destroyed that Bear ... It's His Fault that that Bear was destroyed, .... Why don't ya give that a try and see how it goes?

They need to be managed, ALL wildlife needs to be managed, and harvest through proper management and hunting can help ALL Wildlife not just G Bears. It's folks like you and friends that share your ill informed opinion that don't look at the entire picture and appreciate Wildlife like most hunters do, that are to blame for much of our Wildlife issues today. Shame on you all.

Your closed minded thinking and the appreciation to wildlife from Hunters is mind blowing. If it was not for Hunters, and our conservation concerns, many of species of wildlife would not be prevailing as they are today. GBears included .

Why hey don't cha drop in a see my man cave, my So Called Trophy room. None of which are records, all of which every part of that could be used was. All Trophys to me, All of which have been eaten by my family and friends, bones for our dogs, leather, fur and hair for crafts and hobbies .....and My Wonderful Trophys.... As you call them.. All appreciated on my walls, by family and friends, including a few Fuzzy Wuzzys, great memories, great eating, legal sound harvest of mature past their prime Wildlife.

Hey were having Wild Goose for dinner tonight, drop in, have some, heck I'll even put a Trophy mounted Goose on the counter where you can see what your eating .... And you can appreciate ... Trophy Goose.

Keep your blinders on, run for a political position with the NDGreens, you will fit right in.
    Last edited by guest; 08-16-2017 at 09:36 AM.