Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Why can't some of you understand the reason for this? It's to prevent people from lying about their intentions when they hunt grizz. Allowing the retention of these items provides an out for people who would be purely trophy hunting.
    Really? So where is this issue with black bear hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    My opinion is that anyone who supports legislation forcing hunters to leave useful parts of an animal behind is an absolute idiot.
    This is what happens when activists take control of government.

I was open minded about this government at the start. Everything I am seeing from the GreenDP suggests these guys are completely inept. I don't think either party realizes they are the ones in power now. They are both still acting like they are the opposition and their policies come across like poorly formulated talking points.

The Grizzly bear issue is just one of many things going on.

AJWeaver won't be pulling the plug anytime soon either. It's pretty obvious what he's in this for. If the NDP are smart, they'll just lead him along like a cat chasing a laser pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    Sustainable limits is fine! What benefit to you is the hide and skull?! I'd love to know.
    There has been scientific studies proving that children raised with fur blankets have less health issues such as allergies, asthma etc, than those raised in your basic modren linens. Link below... It shouldn't be yours or the governments business what we do with our legally harvested animals... now go f*** your hat...

http://www.medicaldaily.com/prevent-...t-sleep-302028

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    And you're entitled to your opinion. What you're not entitled to is forcing others to comply with your moral code. The hunt is sustainable and a valuable management tool. The hunt generates jobs and money for BC'rs and the government. If the NDP really wanted to protect the bear, they'd have designated all monies from the hunt to bear research and habitat enhancement. And they would designate funding to law enforcement. But what they really did is just force their moral opinions onto everyone else in an attempt to make themselves look good.
    x2, agreed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I'd be open to allowing the retention of the trophy portions, IF we could establish a means of ensuring it doesn't provide a loophole for people who are purely trophy hunters. Until then- no trophies.
    It's called mandatory meat retention the same as they have been doing with black bears for 10 years...

This is not good and has opened up the ability to impact other hunts

I would like to thank all the NDP voters who helped this happen

I would get banned for saying what I would like so I am off

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    You're more than welcome to hunt them, I even encourage you to, but the wall art not so much. Commemorate that bear well you're eating it.
    People honor and commemorate their own family members by displaying their Urns full of ashes on their mantles, what's so different about a deer head or grizzly hide?

It will be interesting to hear what the "voice of the resident hunter" has to say on this issue.
    Jesse, Harvey, Al.....you are being pretty silent.
    An unmanaged grizzly bear population in this province will further reduce wildlife populations, increase livestock predation and human conflict.
    As I said before, grizzlies will decline if the hunt is shut down and shut down is essentially what it is when it becomes a meat only hunt.
    Horgan, Weaver and every MLA in this province need to be told that wildlife management decisions should be made by people well versed in wildlife management.
    Wildlife cannot be managed on emotional whims.
    All hunters in BC should take the stance that the grizzly hunt regulations should parallel the rules that apply to a black bear hunt.
    The grizzly issue is just the tip of the iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    At least two identified on this thread.
    Either anti's with an agenda, or completely uninformed ignorant city boyz, or trolls.

Regardless, their drivel on this topic is much the same as every single time they post here.
    There is an IGNORE button for a reason.
    For me, that will have to suffice until the admin here recognizes them for the Idjuts that they are...

Happy I have a fall grizz tag.
    Now going to make a point of actioning it.
    And what with a couple of moose in tow, I will be quite unlikely to extract anything but the hide and skull...

Ticked,
    Matt
    They seem to be ok with public opinion creating rules/laws so maybe the public on this site should just vote them off the island lol

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Glad I did not vote this year...

Can't say I contributed to this shatshow
    Well had you voted for the liberals then perhaps you could be saying that you helped prevent this shit show...