Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I think some hunters are making decisions based in emotion. Think it through, this seems like good policy. What are hunters really losing? The experience? No. The meat? No. Some decoration that hangs on the wall and is thrown in the garbage after we get old and go into a home? Yes.
    Exactly my thoughts! I just don't get the outrage here.

It is a bewilderment that some on here think this is a good thing. In true leftist form, they believe the meat must be eaten therefore everyone must comply with their beliefs. What have they achieved? Nothing, but forcing a lot of guys to make an extra trip to the dump to get rid of the meat when they get home. The decision has nothing to do with game management. Nothing to do with protecting the species itself. Nothing to do with bettering our environment. It's virtue signalling and moralizing from the pulpit of false superiority, and it's repugnant to anyone with two brain cells to rub together.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Think it through, this seems like good policy. What are hunters really losing? The experience? No. The meat? No. Some decoration that hangs on the wall and is thrown in the garbage after we get old and go into a home? Yes.
    What were you really missing with the long gun registry. You could still own guns you could still buy guns seems like a good policy...(This is sarcasm boys easy) The system isn't broke there is no need for a fix. Legislation not based on the facts of the issue is not good legislation, and will be overturned by someday by a government that is willing to do the research.

Wow......stupid decision pandering to the ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by cpwrestler View Post
    So they were concerned about the wastefulness of leaving meat behind so they introduce legislation that encourages wastefulness by forcing hunters to leave behind the hide, skull and claws.
    Why can't some of you understand the reason for this? It's to prevent people from lying about their intentions when they hunt grizz. Allowing the retention of these items provides an out for people who would be purely trophy hunting.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

There's still a lot of questions to be answered as to what they're calling the end of the grizzly trophy hunt.
    If the change is implementing meat retention to bring the grizzly hunt into parallel with the current black bear regulations it can be looked as a win by all.
    In the official announcement it reads that "During the fall months, Donaldson said the government will consult with First Nations and stakeholder groups to determine next steps and mechanisms as B.C. moves toward ending the trophy hunt".
    One thing to keep in mind is that not all FN's want to see the grizzly hunt ended. Some have identified grizzlies as needing to be managed and hunting is a form of management.
    Other stakeholder groups feel the same.
    In a relatively small portion of BC there is high value in grizzly viewing and a closure makes some sense. As I've said before the bear viewing industry should assume the cost of managing these bears as they will become "essentially their bears".
    In much of this province the bear viewing industry is not viable and a complete closure or meat only law will turn the grizzly bear into basically a nuisance.
    In the end it will hurt the grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    It is a bewilderment that some on here think this is a good thing. In true leftist form, they believe the meat must be eaten therefore everyone must comply with their beliefs. What have they achieved? Nothing, but forcing a lot of guys to make an extra trip to the dump to get rid of the meat when they get home. The decision has nothing to do with game management. Nothing to do with protecting the species itself. Nothing to do with bettering our environment. It's virtue signalling and moralizing from the pulpit of false superiority, and it's repugnant to anyone with two brain cells to rub together.
    Stay Salty

Quote Originally Posted by cpwrestler View Post
    So they were concerned about the wastefulness of leaving meat behind so they introduce legislation that encourages wastefulness by forcing hunters to leave behind the hide, skull and claws.
    My son and I are reading this together and this is what he said to me^^^^^

Weird, I dont get it, if they said take the meat with everything else....I can understand that, but not the logic behind leaving the fur, skull, and claws....no logic here with this decision.

No logic because its about votes.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    My son and I are reading this together and this is what he said to me^^^^^

Weird, I dont get it, if they said take the meat with everything else....I can understand that, but not the logic behind leaving the fur, skull, and claws....no logic here with this decision.

No logic because its about votes.
    Think it through. Why does this need to be this way?
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I think some hunters are making decisions based in emotion. Think it through, this seems like good policy. What are hunters really losing? The experience? No. The meat? No. Some decoration that hangs on the wall and is thrown in the garbage after we get old and go into a home? Yes.
    What hunters are losing is the ability to hunt, with a government like these clowns its just a step in eliminating all hunting, when you vote NDP you vote for no hunting.
    They are just taking it one step at a time