Page 40 of 78 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Bear smokies are very tasty. I have a few left in the freezer, but I might need to catch a grizzly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    It happened already with with the last moritorium and hadn't been alleviated much by the slowness in which seasons were introduced.

I believe I could make an educated guess that there are more grizzly in the province than there were 100 years ago. They have little to no respect today either.
    On this subject, and others I will show deference to Dave..he lives amongst a very robust population of very large grizzlies..more of the brown bear style. The natives show diminished desire and the younger natives lack the skills..this results in more bears with bad attitudes.ranchers and those living outside NDP VANCOUVER. Must continually have their heads on a swivel, grizzlies break into grain storage, oats for horses, homes, livestock, children, all are at risk because the have lost that respect..the association of humans with danger...as these negative repurcussions" on are getting fewer and fewer.the financial impacts and very real dangers from grizzlies are a daily threat to rural residents and ranchers.
    In Bella Coola there was a steep uptick in SSS once grizzly numbers dramatically increased...
    I do not want only resident grizzly hunting if we expect to go to Alberta or USA for pronghorn or? We must stand with guide outfitters. .only together can we change this injustice.
    250 bears out of 15,000 2 % harvest by hunting.far more get killed by trains" shot by CO, S as nuisance, danger bears, SSS y rural residents protecting lives, income, property.
    BC is growing we are pushing further and further into backcountry bc.
    The same biologists Mr. Weaver is using for the 15,000 numbers are doing a superb job. ...how do I know? Because the grizzly numbers ARE sustaining the hunt..grizzly LEH are stable and rising. These scientist biologists are monitoring the populations and adjusting the oportunities as needed.hard to use their numbers and then call for different experts when it is already working.
    Standing TOGETHER with guide outfitters , using all our combined resources, experts..using science and not what granola munching vancouver yuppies desire...but data....facts..will make horgans pathetic pandering promises look exactly hat they are..desperate attempt at holding on at all costs.the data will show his desperate incompetence way in the deep end of the pool.
    Mr. WEAVER has already signaled he is having serious concerns with horgans plan.
    Lets be respectful and help Mr. WEAVER stand up and say NO.
    If requested I would travel to Victoria to explain some of grizzly behavior, Mr. GARY SHELDON renowned grizzly expert, author MUST be on any advisory committee. .not have it loaded with save the grizzly Greenpeace Joe Foy" or those that lack any meaningful grizzly background.
    Gary Sheldon is a must be.first name.period.
    Steven
    Last edited by srupp; 08-15-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    You are correct about the grizzly population growing. As I'm sure you are aware, up until the 1970's or so, bears were considered pests and shot on sight by many ranchers/farmers. Grizzly populations have flourished under the well regulated hunting policies that BC has had for decades.
    WERE? Thinking different wording here Gate. You don't live in my habitat. Lol

Can anyone else see photo?
    Last edited by gcreek; 08-15-2017 at 11:18 PM.

I love the fact that reputable people on this site, are arguing with a troll who uses a pile of shit as his avatar,who has declared their admiration and pride in the new government and their policies.
    Somewhere, a 49 year old virgin living in mom and dads basement has some interaction, the good kind too, with people,not the type that that occurs with acne prescriptions,that leave you impotent for life!!!
    Remember the ignore button is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by tuner View Post
    I love the fact that reputable people on this site, are arguing with a troll who uses a pile of shit as his avatar,who has declared their admiration and pride in the new government and their policies.
    Somewhere, a 49 year old virgin living in mom and dads basement has some interaction, the good kind too, with people,not the type that that occurs with acne prescriptions,that leave you impotent for life!!!
    Remember the ignore button is your friend.

Lol
    It hasn't grown a brain either.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    WERE? Thinking different wording here Gate. You don't live in my habitat. Lol
    I understand that there are still those who SSS, but it's not nearly as widespread as it was a few decades ago. It's not like grizzlies are alien to my area, either. Regardless, the grizzly population in BC has continued to grow in these times.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I understand that there are still those who SSS, but it's not nearly as widespread as it was a few decades ago. It's not like grizzlies are alien to my area, either. Regardless, the grizzly population in BC has continued to grow in these times.
    Have you turned any of those in that still do this and if so what was done by the CO service or said by them when reported.

If the meat is retained, what possible rational reason would you have for forcing a hunter to abandon useful parts of an animal?
    Potential thought crimes on the grounds some potential thoughts are deemed as "not socially acceptable" according to some results of loaded poll questions at the bottom of propaganda articles answered by non stakeholders who for the most part have never seen a grizzly, have little understanding of biology or conservation, let alone able to define a term such as "carrying capacity".

Many of these people actually believe bears live happily as family units... Mama bear, papa bear, uncle bear and all the cubs. By shooting papa bear, the cubs will grow up without a father figure and probably starve. Laws are now admittedly created to criminalize thoughts that are not "socially acceptable" to these same people.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 08-16-2017 at 07:46 AM.

How does this matter from a conservation standpoint? The bear is dead.

If the meat is retained, what possible rational reason would you have for forcing a hunter to abandon useful parts of an animal?
    it doesn't matter from a conversation standpoint, but that's not the point of this. You'll still be able to conserve and hunt these animals but for the right reasons. You know it, I know it, everyone knows that these animals are hunted for one reason right now and it's not a good one. This changes that.