Page 36 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

If someone's not already beat me to it here's the SCI email I got today

https://huntforever.org/2017/08/15/s...tish-columbia/

pretty vague

Quote Originally Posted by Fallkniven View Post
    The case is pretty clear, hunting only accounts for 2% mortality, as the BCGov website says, its cumulative Human development that's the greatest threat to Grizzly bears. Just look at the areas where grizzly's are no longer present, its all the high density human population zones. If these special interest groups, CBC et al really cared for the Grizzly Bear population, why would they even waste their time on hunting, which clearly not only is NOT a threat to bear extinction, and, as we all know, hunters are some of the best guardians of the wild places bears need to thrive. This has always been about a certain segment of the populations distaste for hunting, nothing to do with bears, or the wild places they inhabit.
    Ya you got it!

15,000 this year, unabated for 10 years, 25,000-30,000?? Lets see what the provincial opinion is when all the eco-tourists, anti's and cattle are lunch for a few years. Can't wait to hear that outcry.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Bear viewing and bear hunting certainly do mix. There was a viewing guide complaining that guide outfitters offer viewing tours in the summer and let hunters shoot them in the fall. Sounded like synergy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Just curious...

I know the Gov. has announced that this will come into effect on Nov. 30, but does anyone know/think when we could expect the "meat" of this whole thing to be released? (The actual legislation)???

Will insults, threats, and requests to ban "trolls" help us find solutions.

Have we as hunters/conservationists done an adequate job of educating the public since the last grizzly bear ban?

How do we convince government for the much needed resources and studies needed for Grizzly bear management?

How are we going to convince the general public that resident Grizzly bear hunting is NOT "trophy" hunting?

How are we going to convince the general public that non-resident Grizzly bear hunting is NOT "trophy" hunting?

Will it be easier to convince the general public that resident hunters are hunting Grizzlies for the betterment of the Grizzlies themselves, and in the name of wildlife management without having the "trophy" hunting stigma of "foreign" hunters attached to us?

Why does it take the changing of grizzly bear regulations for members to become outraged?

Where is the outrage in regards to extremely low Caribou populations, Fraser River Sockeye and Chinook, Thompson River Steelhead..........
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Most
    Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Will insults, threats, and requests to ban "trolls" help us find solutions.

Have we as hunters/conservationists done an adequate job of educating the public since the last grizzly bear ban?

How do we convince government for the much needed resources and studies needed for Grizzly bear management?

How are we going to convince the general public that resident Grizzly bear hunting is NOT "trophy" hunting?

How are we going to convince the general public that non-resident Grizzly bear hunting is NOT "trophy" hunting?

Will it be easier to convince the general public that resident hunters are hunting Grizzlies for the betterment of the Grizzlies themselves, and in the name of wildlife management without having the "trophy" hunting stigma of "foreign" hunters attached to us?

Why does it take the changing of grizzly bear regulations for members to become outraged?

Where is the outrage in regards to extremely low Caribou populations, Fraser River Sockeye and Chinook, Thompson River Steelhead..........
    Many of us are somewhat desensitized to the ineptitude of governments. The outrage comes when they they point the finger at us and say "we don't approve of your behavior and we're going to outlaw it"

I see the Hunt of a Grizzly bear as a necessary method to protect other species, among them, Visitors, Cattle, Moose, Bison and members of PITA who get to close to bears and some time they die in ecstasy being devoured by the creatures they say to protect
    And more important, We keep busy counting and administering the numbers of every specie in the Province, that is precisely why there is a number of hunting licences sold every year, this is a method to protect wildlife more effective than the slander used by the anti hunting organizations.

Hunting Grizzly Bear is a ritual more than a hunt for a trophy, is a cult where We as Hunters/gatherers worship and practice a believe convinced that We shouldn't be persecuted and punished for having this preference, in the Canadian Charter of Rights and freedoms We have the right to practice Our Own religion without being persecuted, and a ritual is a religion.

Ignorance is the culprit, The NDP/Greens and others, down to business to get more voters, is politically motivated decision, arguing that leaving the meat "to rotten" in the woods is a waste, when I hear this I can't avoid to laugh, nothing goes to waste in the woods,
    I myself eat Grizzly meat, same as every other wildlife, anything You leave in the forest if is from a natural source benefits other wildlife.
    See how they (NDP/Green and Antis) exploit ignorance?

The word "Trophy" has been demonized and used as the only tool to eradicate hunting from the face of the earth.
    If pursuing a trophy was disgusting. Then why practice any sport?
    But if they are serous about ending "trophy hunting" they will have to replace it with Resident Hunter Priority, and stop selling the wildlife to foreigners, because in Canada We do eat what We harvest.

Hunting is more than a trophy, feeds families, with the meat, the Government with Hunting Licences, Gasoline, and revenue from Taxidermists, Ammunition, Hunting clothes, Lodging... and the list is infinite.
    The Pelt, horns, antlers, hoofs or in any case a full size body mount of the animal can be immortalized as for exhibit and education, this way the anti hunter society can learn what part of their ass the Grizzly is going to eat first, and how a Grizzly Bear kills its victims.

The greed of the anti hunting organizations is transparent and is a bad example for Healthy people because kids can learn from this organizations how to live a parasite life from donations based on Slander towards hunters.
    Any organization who demonizes others and goes against a Canadian Tradition for profit should be banned and expelled from the Country or serve a sentence for malicious rumours and hate speech.
    Anti Hunting Organizations are Anti Patriotic.
    May the 4art be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Timbow View Post
    I'm curious on how many members here are against this new grizzly bear regulations only to find themselves in the 38.5% that didn't vote.
    Boy, that's really well said, Timbow.

I don't think this thread should be locked down. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and they get to vote, and everyones vote carries equal weighting. That's why we live in Canada boys. This change however is an example of terrible politics by Horgan in my view. To appease just a minority voting base, he's pissed off hunters for certain, and even environmentalists who want a total ban.

The ONLY positive in this that I can see is if (and that's a big if) the GreenDP stay in power long enough, they'll channel a bunch of public money in to government studies that hopefully prove that the existing system was sustainable and healthy for the Province and this fiasco will be as short lived as the last ban.

In one way I'm happy that this came about , now if I do a grizzly hunt and I get a bear I don't have to worry about a taxidermist bill
    I take pictures which is a lot cheaper then thousands of dollars and I have a trophy right there for decades plus a life time Experience
    with memories , plus I can shoot the first grizzly I see and don't have to picky and less work in packing out a heavy hide and head
    thanks NDP , there is a bright side to this plus I get some meat .