Page 9 of 78 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    Wow, what bullshit new age thinking. Why would you not allow all the useful parts to be taken. You do realize mankind has been using furs since the beginning of mankind right?
    Sure, they used them to stay warm etc etc! Not to put on their walls! Got a picture of your grizzly hide coat to show me? I didn't think so.

I'd be open to allowing the retention of the trophy portions, IF we could establish a means of ensuring it doesn't provide a loophole for people who are purely trophy hunters. Until then- no trophies.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Hmmm spirit bears..are not grizzlies. , they are a genetic abnormality of the black bear specpressure Hmm in rarity only to the blue glacier bear .
    IslandWanderer. .you may have the wrong site..the granola knitters NDP society..is different than HBC..a hunting site.
    Very little of taxpayers monies goes into wildlife, much of hunters monies goes to general revenues..plus elk groups sheep groups..etc do far more than governments..
    Grizzly bears will expand at least 250 more per year..their growing numbers will dictate a need for more real estate..interactions between grizzlies and humans never ends well for either species.
    150 years ago the most highly valuable animal in BC was not moose, deer..it was black bears..meat, fat..for cooking, candles, baking, waterproofing, sinew..hides..
    We try and respect each animal we harvest..mule deer hair for flies..hide for leather..antlers for memories or crafts.ie" buttons
    But that is a small inexperienced deer..
    A majestic adult, mature grizzly. .is deserving of more than tossing the hide, head in the woods or turned in to be destroyed.
    I have eaten mountain grizzly.lit was fine.fish fed coastal bears..not so much..
    We shoot a large moose..we get a bit more burger material..but we get to keep the hide, antlers....
    Grizzly numbers will grow, conflicts will increase..yes ranchers and taxpayers will foot the bill for what hunters paid the government to do keep the numbers in check as determined by Provincial wildlife biologists..for the safety of humans and the well being of bears.
    I have been wrong so many times..lol even today...however the loss of revenue makes me think pressure by guides and outfitters will..should hold some sway. .no one is coming to BC for grizzly steaks and a photo.
    Pretty great start..by basket weaver and horgan..no help for wildfire evacuees..ZERO..but he has added substantial money to lawyers fighting against pipeline revenues, hydro demands of the coming years now starting the fight with rural BC..first grizzlies..while kissing first nation (************)
    A lot of guys were smart soon..it's started.......
    Legally harvest a mature grizzly. .who benifit s by tossing the hide in the bush? How does that jive with the importance "of the grizzly as professed by FN..
    If you don't get it fine..but please don't pretend to be a hunter...hunters would understand the respect..
    Srupp
    Last edited by srupp; 08-14-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    Sustainable limits is fine! What benefit to you is the hide and skull?! I'd love to know.
    It has a spiritual benefit to me. Also my taxidermist would be upset.

Sure, they used them to stay warm etc etc! Not to put on their walls! Got a picture of your grizzly hide coat to show me? I didn't think so.
    Lol, nice one!
    When in doubt, just pin it.

You gotta lot of mouth for a newbie. Why did you come here again?
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I think so too. Maybe this policy should include those critters as well.
    I wonder what your supporter in this thread "wolfdown" has to say about that?
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

I would gladly take the meat ALONG with the hide, skull, or claws. I take every black bear skull I shoot. Be surprised how many people use them as learning tools. Wolgdoen, What makes a grizzly so much more important than a moose, a deer that i can take whatevee I want plus the meat? OR take your moniker, do you take all the meat on a wolf and leave the rest?
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

It's becoming quite clear to me that a majority of you on these forums would love to hunt grizzly bears for nothing more than their hide and skull on your walls, while leaving the rest of the animal to rot! Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a hunter and this is one of them.
    Just curious what you take off a moose? you eat the brains, tongue, lungs, heart, liver, intestines. You make leather out of the skin? knife handles out of the antlers? if not , have a look in the mirror and shame away. you cry yourself to sleep every night about all the animals dying in the forest and their carcasses rotting into the earth? people like you are bizarre, sell your guns and get a PETA membership.

Havent got one yet but as a youth I had one beside my bed instead of a carpet. Got a picture of the meat of one in your freezer?
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct