Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lower mainland pinks

Re: lower mainland pinks

seems there might be some confusion in regards to tidal regulations versus freshwater regulations
    Statement of honour bestowed upon me by Camp Cook:
    LOL that has to be one of the stup*dest mind numbing off in laa laa land comments I have ever read.
    Feb.13,2024

Quote Originally Posted by ForestWalker10 View Post
    still zero retention of any salmon in region 2
    If that's aimed at me we're launching in the Fraser to head out to the ocean, as far as I k ow were good to go in the salt for pinks and springs.

Open in the salt for fishing, with size restictions

Species
    Areas Min Size Gear Limits
    (d/p/a)
    Status
    Chinook Salmon 29-1 to 29-5,29-8 62cm Barbless Hook & Line 2/4/15 Open
    Pink Salmon 29-1 to 29-5,29-8 30cm Barbless Hook & Line 4/8/- Open

yes i'm aiming information at people . Just saying what i read. Ive looked at the DFO website already. The very first thing it says with a exclamation symbol is "Unless otherwise stated in the table below, the daily limit for all waters in Region 2 is zero (0). Wouldnt that make the following Null and Void?

• Fishing for salmon in all waters of Region 2 is permitted during daylight hours only. FN0284 2016-04-04
    • All retained coho must measure 25 cm or more. All retained chinook, chum, pink, and sockeye must measure 30 cm or more. Measurements are taken from tip of nose to tail fork.
    • An “adult chinook” in Region 2 is defined as being over 50 cm except in the following areas where an “adult chinook” is defined as being over 62 cm:
      • a) the Fraser River from Sep 01 - Dec 31
      • b) the Chehalis and Harrison Rivers from Sep 01 – Dec 31
      • c) the Chilliwack/Vedder River (including Sumas River) and the Capilano River.

• No fishing is allowed within 100 meters of any government facility operated for counting, passing or rearing fish.

Chilliwack/Vedder River (including Sumas River) upstream from a line between two fishing boundary signs on either side of the Chilliwack River 100 m downstream of the confluence of the Chilliwack River and Slesse Creek. All Apr 01 to Mar 31 No fishing for salmon.
    from a line between two fishing boundary signs on either side of the Chilliwack River 100 m from the confluence of the Chilliwack River and Slesse Creek downstream including that portion of the Sumas River from the Barrow Town Pump Station downstream to fishing boundary signs near the confluence with the Fraser River. Coho Jul 01 to Mar 31 4 hatchery marked fish per day.
    Chinook Jul 01 to Aug 31 4 per day, only 1 over 62 cm.
    Sep 01 to Dec 31 4 per day, only 2 over 62 cm.
    Chum Jul 01 to Dec 31 1 per day.
    seems to me, and id like to be wrong, but i cant fish for pinks or any other salmon yet. it doesnt exactly specify. As far as salt water goes, thats not my territory.
    Last edited by ForestWalker10; 08-31-2017 at 07:08 PM.

The Chedder is open for springs, hatchery coho, and one chum a day. Pinks are NOT open for retention yet.

The BEST rig for humpies in fresh water is the bingo bug...

http://www.luckybuglures.com/product...ingo-bug-pink/

They re too expensive for my taste, but they work like dynamite.

Why are pinks of all species closed on the vedder? Aren't they the most abundant? Is this a joke?
    Last edited by happyhunter; 09-05-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Fishing at the mouth on Saturday was pretty bad, we landed 6 small springs (too small) and lost 3 others before we saw what they were, only saw a couple others hooked and 2-3 jumpers, lots of seals and porpoises around though.

Complete closure for rec on the fraser for pinks and springs.Our quota has been given to the first nations...
    Sockeye 5$ a fish, Springs going for 2$ a lb....anything they cant sell in 3 days is just getting tossed back in the Fraser. Sickening what are fisheries managers are allowing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by happyhunter View Post
    Why are pinks of all species closed on the vedder? Aren't they the most abundant? Is this a joke?
    low returns this year

guest Guest

It's nothing what it was forecasted as, or should be. Not only Pinks. Absolutely a terrible year, yet the FN netting and mismanagement including lack f enforcement continues. Even when they Hammer the sport and commercial fishers ....... our government and DFO continue down the path of lets Manage to Zero so we have nothing to manage, then we can collect from the duscusting practice if fish farms along our coast. Even many FN that have pulled their nets, watch their brothers in arm Hammer away at what's left. It's truley Sad. The once Iconic Fraser River, once known for the largest wild run of various species of Pacific Salmon lies on the brink. It's brutal to watch the slide for over fifty years.

So being, no one, from all sides will step up, and do what's right, so get out there while you can, while its legal, get your share, take pictures because if it continues the way it is, it will only be a memory.

I hate to play the negativity card but when you have watched this for over 50 years ...... And know it could be different, it is truley disturbing. This is my opinion, some may agree or disagree but the proof is right before us. An example, just one includes the World Famous Thompson a River Steelhead . This run gas just started, Last year down to 400 or less fish, DFO has approved more netting, more FN continue to net, and sell to us Whities with dick for enforcement, and more Chum openings are to follow, even for commercial netting. Catch and release gill drift and set nets don't work. Shame on all those involved!