Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heard a lot of rumours lately

Heard a lot of rumours lately

Had many customers come into the store talking about how the Province is going to be either putting a hold or stopping this hunting season all together for Region 5 due to the wildfires and that there was going to be an announcement supposedly today at noon.

Anyone else hearing rumours like that?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Heard a lot of rumours lately

Heard the backcountry may get restricted for public access, but that's it. It may interfere with the start of hunting season, yes, but will be lifted once fire risk drops to safer levels. Happened in 03 too.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    Heard the backcountry may get restricted for public access, but that's it. It may interfere with the start of hunting season, yes, but will be lifted once fire risk drops to safer levels. Happened in 03 too.
    I was thinking that myself since already they have closed it to ATVs and such.

The first 4 or 5 people I just figured were full of BS but after the 10th person who said they were going to cancel the limited entry moose hunts and deer wouldnt be open until October blah blah blah had me wondering where these rumours were coming from.

Region 5 is a big region there are no fires where we have our draws so why shut the whole area down!!!!

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...le.asp?ID=2846

Full backcountry closure possible for the Cariboo

WILLIAMS LAKE - Due to the extreme fire danger that exists throughout the Cariboo Fire Centre and the number of active wildfires, the BC Wildfire Service is contemplating an area restriction for all Crown land within the jurisdiction of the Cariboo Fire Centre that would go into effect at noon, Friday, Aug. 11.
    The final decision will be made Friday morning. The area restriction will be implemented if high winds materialize as currently forecasted.

The area restriction order means that a person must not remain in or enter the restricted area without the prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, unless the person:

Enters the area only in the course of:
    (a) Travelling to or from his or her principle residence;
    (b) Using a highway as defined in the Transportation Act;
    (c) Travelling as a person acting in an official capacity; or
    (d) Travelling for the purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities.

The Cariboo Fire Centre stretches from Loon Lake (near Clinton) in the south to the Cottonwood River (near Quesnel) in the north and from Tweedsmuir Provincial Park in the west to Wells Gray Provincial Park in the east.

Evacuation orders and alerts issued by the Cariboo Regional District remain in place. For more information about these alerts and orders, please visit: http://ow.ly/9laX30ekdew

Smokey conditions may persist for the coming weeks. For information on air quality, as well as smoke forecasts for Western Canada, visit the BC Air Quality website: www.bcairquality.ca/bluesky/west/index.html

To report a wildfire or open burning violation, call 1 800 663-5555 toll-free or *5555 on a cellphone. For the latest information on current wildfire activity, burning restrictions, road closures and air quality advisories, go to: http://www.bcwildfire.ca

You can also follow the latest wildfire news:

* On Twitter: http://twitter.com/BCGovFireInfo

* On Facebook: http://facebook.com/BCForestFireInfo

Natasha Broznitsky
    Fire Information Officer
    BC Wildfire Service
    Cariboo Fire Centre
    778 799-2101

Connect with the Province of B.C. at: www.gov.bc.ca/connect
    Fire Centre Bulletin 2846

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Region 5 is a big region there are no fires where we have our draws so why shut the whole area down!!!!
    They are not worried that you're going to burn, they are worried that you'll start new ones.

Looks like it was just announced. Region 5 back countrt5 closure. Going to suck for a lot of people including me but not worth the risk
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Plenty of other areas to hunt.
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    Looks like it was just announced. Region 5 back countrt5 closure. Going to suck for a lot of people including me but not worth the risk
    Out of curiosity, how are they classifying "backcountry"?

Say I have a camp trailer parked at an off-grid friends cabin on private property up a wide maintained gravel FSR -- are they saying I cannot go to it or retrieve it?
    Last edited by VFX_man; 08-11-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    Does it stop here? I wonder what else will be shut down. Area 3 and 8 and southern 7 are going to get hammered big time.