Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Heard a lot of rumours lately

Re: Heard a lot of rumours lately

It rained an inch, to an inch and a half in the caribou in most places. Night time temps east of Williams lake are 7 and 5 degrees C. Daytime was 12 and 17 degrees C. More rain forecasted. Watch for the new growth in the burnt patches.
    Talk to some fire fighters and they will tell you animals run ahead of the fire.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    The only thing shutting down hunting in the Cariboo or anywhere else would achieve is adding more financial hardship to the economy which is already suffering from the fires. Motels, gas stations, restaurants etc get a needed shot from hunting season. Its an emotional time and I tip my hat for the thoughts on not putting any extra hardship on the game but really, it is zilch in the big picture. There's a ton of new open country well away from roads that they can cover miles in a hurry they'll find feed and they'll be fine. ps I've got no dog in the race no plans to hunt there this year.
    You nailed it Salty.

If hunters want to help, take a trip to Region 5 and help out local economy by filling up those hotels, eating at local restaurants etc. The loss of infrastructure, livestock and the like is unfortunate and I truly feel for those people but, when it comes to wildlife, they will be fine.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    It rained an inch, to an inch and a half in the caribou in most places. Night time temps east of Williams lake are 7 and 5 degrees C. Daytime was 12 and 17 degrees C. More rain forecasted. Watch for the new growth in the burnt patches.
    Talk to some fire fighters and they will tell you animals run ahead of the fire.
    Thanks tigrr, nice to see somebody gets it! K

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    You nailed it Salty.

If hunters want to help, take a trip to Region 5 and help out local economy by filling up those hotels, eating at local restaurants etc. The loss of infrastructure, livestock and the like is unfortunate and I truly feel for those people but, when it comes to wildlife, they will be fine.
    Agreed!

Stop by the Hungry Bear and have their big burger. You won't have to eat for a day afterward!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Announced? Williams lake alert" status has been lifted.

sure it is and you have all the right in the world to ask the question,we've got tags too
    ,would be good if the gov would roll them over till next year if your area is down due to fire risk.still some time to go for the oct hunt,could rain.lol..