Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Heard a lot of rumours lately

Re: Heard a lot of rumours lately

Lol biologists are busy defending whoregans" grizzly ban..if not for survival of species. .which its not..can't see how this could happen..legally.
    As for the fire..most are still out of control?..tonight on BC TV it is being reported that THE elephant hill fire is headed towards Kamloops. .YIKES..within 25 kms"?
    I feel for the firefighters ..5.5 weeks continuous battle surrounded by flames, heat, smoke, danger..be careful out there guys.
    The smoke is the worst today in 5 weeks in williams lake shortest visability"
    Lets agree on one thing..i admire FD and appreciate his views on most all things..a couple other statements on a hunting site. .make no sense...made from others.
    I'm just looking at this grave situation from up close..really close. .and can't understand hunting going ahead for this fall.
    I even question the current premiers hesitation for not running with a ban so far..he is representing Grandville st....
    I'm a hunter..i want it open......
    I also want game, wildlife for our children's generation..
    Thank you for the relatively civil..voices of reason..nice to look at all sides from different backgrounds. .experiences..
    I do enjoy friendly educational exchanges.
    Cheers
    Steven

What a ridiculous thought, 10.3 million hectares in the Cariboo, how much of that has burned? Using Srupps logic they should cancel hunting season this year cuz all the hunters that can't hunt Reg.5 are gonna put undue stress on critters in the other regions! Ask the folks with businesses up and down 97' and I'll bet they'd be horrified at the thought! K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    What a ridiculous thought, 10.3 million hectares in the Cariboo, how much of that has burned?
    Province wide about 700,000 ha have burned I don't know about the cariboo. But for interest sake all the provinces fires would be around 7% of the cariboo.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

What a ridiculous thought, 10.3 million hectares in the Cariboo, how much of that has burned? Using Srupps logic they should cancel hunting season this year cuz all the hunters that can't hunt Reg.5 are gonna put undue stress on critters in the other regions! Ask the folks with businesses up and down 97' and I'll bet they'd be horrified at the thought! K
    Over half of the Cariboo Reginal Distract has burned, 42,000 square kilometres of the 80,000. Not a big deal at all eh!
    If they say hunting is closed here I won't be hunting any where.

Its impacting every business greatly including my own.

Correction on my previous post. Over half the area has been affected not burned but it still isn't a little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya View Post
    Over half of the Cariboo Reginal Distract has burned, 42,000 square kilometres of the 80,000. Not a big deal at all eh!
    If they say hunting is closed here I won't be hunting any where.

Its impacting every business greatly including my own.
    Better go back to math class! K

I have my 3-30 moose LEH and I'm not going this year, calling them to see if I can cancel my draw, if not oh well give the moose a break after the fires
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Better go back to math class! K
    Math Class?? Maybe I should get my hearing checked instead. I thought I heard burned on the radio but it said affected.
    Nice come back though. Only the worst wildfire season in the prov in 60 years but let's worry about your hunting season.
    Hows the hunting in Tsawwassen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya View Post
    Math Class?? Maybe I should get my hearing checked instead. I thought I heard burned on the radio but it said affected.
    Nice come back though. Only the worst wildfire season in the prov in 60 years but let's worry about your hunting season.
    Hows the hunting in Tsawwassen.
    I'm not arguing the fact that this is a horrific year, but shutting down Region 5 isn't going to help! What about Region 3, it's pretty crazy there also, businesses have suffered enough, lets not add insult to injury! For the record, I don't hunt 5, and haven't for about 4 years. As for hunting here, ask me that question on Sept. 4th, I'm sure it'll be very good! K

Hmm I'm not worried about the buissnesses"" I'm worried about lives first. Your correct.lthe thousands of lakes, thousands of miles of rivers, creeks streams, even the hundreds of miles of granite mountain tops..yes they havnt burned.there is still weeks and weeks of burning left..the entire Cariboo fire district is closed off...
    Didnt answer how much wildlife has died? The areas that have burned are some of the best wildlife habitat we have up here.some of what's left can't burn..
    There are limited access roads..most ARNT yet safe, someone has to sign a document to certify it's safe so you can fulfill your LEH doe draw..Hmmmm in the big scheme of things...
    Approaching $300 million dollars soon...will soar past that if Kamloops gets evacuation order...expensive season..
    Everybody up here has lost something..mostly money $$..however a lot have lost homes, ranches lifelong possessions. Our home is 4 kms from active flames.lots of folks having lots of pressures to get out logging..get that almighty dollar. .wood moving to market..plywood prices up 200%.
    However insurance companies are refusing to insure these loggers..the mills ARNT either.
    If you have more information Ken on why a LEH hunt should continue..I'm more than wiling to listen, learn respectfully..but from up here..like in Williams lake nothing has really improved..no new I'm formation. .maybe looking at the map in Vancouver..things must really look different..as i can assure you it doesn't from up here...it's more than just abstract kilometers..it's safety, access, current losses, prime habitat, over 50 % has been severely effected..eliminating those areas of crags and water that don't hold or feed wildlife..Hmmmm maybe 30%...it gets tricky..when allowable harvest of moose in Cariboo is 3,500? And we don't know what was harvested by FN..in January, feb, March, April, may, June, July, Aug. .how many perished in the fires...so far..
    How do we error on the side of safety for wildlife. ..and yet protect hunters who want to eternal areas still o fire..or who's access is gone.or exit to safety if winds whip up smoldering ash.
    I get you want to hunt..as much as I do..let's at least let the fires end? Srupps logic..safety first..if it ends well..before end of season I'll buy you coffee if your coming up to hunt..
    I do understand your passion.
    Steven