Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Heard a lot of rumours lately

Re: Heard a lot of rumours lately

^^^^^good idea.......

My Son and I got our moose draw for Nov MU 3/28. After putting in for 13 years we get it and know all the fires around Kamloops, if they close it down, what happens to our draw will it be good for next year

lol no..............

Quote Originally Posted by tikkawebb View Post
    My Son and I got our moose draw for Nov MU 3/28. After putting in for 13 years we get it and know all the fires around Kamloops, if they close it down, what happens to our draw will it be good for next year

In regards to my question about my LED and the fires in MU3/28 peoples homes, property, and buildings wildlife are the most important. Hunting is not that that important that's for sure. Just asked a question sorry if it sounded like hunting was important to me it is not.

Here's another big area: K
    http://tnrd.ca/sites/tnrdtest.civicwebcms.com/files/media/Bonaparte%20Criss%20Creek%20Order%20Aug%2012-17%20-%20Resized.pdf

I sure as hell hope not....but, this is the NDP....so I wouldn't be surprised if some nimrod talked about shutting
    down reg 5 this year......
    That would be absolutely the dumbest thing ever.....and if that were to happen....
    I would never ever even consider voting ndp again...regardless of who was the leader...

I guess there would be a "strong outcry" from many hunters if it were.....something this "minority government" would need to consider, since an election sooner then later is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I sure as hell hope not....but, this is the NDP....so I wouldn't be surprised if some nimrod talked about shutting
    down reg 5 this year......
    That would be absolutely the dumbest thing ever.....and if that were to happen....
    I would never ever even consider voting ndp again...regardless of who was the leader...

I guess there would be a "strong outcry" from many hunters if it were.....something this "minority government" would need to consider, since an election sooner then later is going to happen.
    I don't think shutting down all hunting in region 5 would be a bad thing.long winter, late spring 2 months of massive wildfires..lightening as we speak. .food banks for hungry that lost everything..great..what for wildlife...
    Balancing act fewer animals for winter range versus all animals to give the greater chance come spring .
    Besides giving wildlife a chance by not hunting. ..powerful message to all BC RESIDENTS..WHAT ELSE can resident hunters do for wildlife.the ground is still on fire..the flames are 5 km from my home. .most places are hot. .no wildlife going there for next couple weeks..food regrowth? Not before sept hunting season.the wildlife has not caught a break since Oct 2016..10 months?..
    My.02
    Steven

Good logical comments srupp. Makes sense to me. At some point those critters needs some reprieve before winter.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

100% agree Srupp. I don't think there should be any hunting here this fall for two reasons.
    1. Keeping people out of the bush greatly reducing the chance of more fires.
    2. Giving all these critters a chance to regroup. Definitely going to be a huge loss of winter habitat.

^^^^^if the fires are effecting winter range, from my experience it ain't all bad...the winter range areas that have been affected by fires that I frequent are doing very well deer wise, and hold a lot of them...my observations..