Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heard a lot of rumours lately

Re: Heard a lot of rumours lately

My tracers will be just as bright next year.

I don't feel bad about not getting the LEH I applied for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Last edited by Drache; 08-11-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Thats a fair sized hunk of area.

Unless the weather starts cooperating more closures will likely be considered if it's not already happening. 2-3 weeks ago many folks in the EK were asking for closures, but only about half the province was at high or extreme fire danger. That changed significantly this week where about 3/4 or more of bc is now at high or extreme and many big fires are still active and new ones continue to show up daily. Resourcing for these fires is getting stretched and eventually all tools to mitigate new starts has to be considered. Only 20 sleeps to opening day elk archery and I am itching to be in elk camp, but i also know many folks' lives have been impacted this year already. If I don't get to hunt September 1st and less fires is why, well I'm ok with that... doesn't mean I won't be grumpy though.

Hopefully we get some rain and cool weather in the forecast. Terrible thing that is happening to our province.

I hope this ban is lifted by Oct so I can enjoy my moose draw after 5 years of waiting..

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...le.asp?ID=2846

Full backcountry closure possible for the Cariboo

WILLIAMS LAKE - Due to the extreme fire danger that exists throughout the Cariboo Fire Centre and the number of active wildfires, the BC Wildfire Service is contemplating an area restriction for all Crown land within the jurisdiction of the Cariboo Fire Centre that would go into effect at noon, Friday, Aug. 11.
    The final decision will be made Friday morning. The area restriction will be implemented if high winds materialize as currently forecasted.

The area restriction order means that a person must not remain in or enter the restricted area without the prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, unless the person:

Enters the area only in the course of:
    (a) Travelling to or from his or her principle residence;
    (b) Using a highway as defined in the Transportation Act;
    (c) Travelling as a person acting in an official capacity; or
    (d) Travelling for the purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities.

The Cariboo Fire Centre stretches from Loon Lake (near Clinton) in the south to the Cottonwood River (near Quesnel) in the north and from Tweedsmuir Provincial Park in the west to Wells Gray Provincial Park in the east.

Evacuation orders and alerts issued by the Cariboo Regional District remain in place. For more information about these alerts and orders, please visit: http://ow.ly/9laX30ekdew

Smokey conditions may persist for the coming weeks. For information on air quality, as well as smoke forecasts for Western Canada, visit the BC Air Quality website: www.bcairquality.ca/bluesky/west/index.html

To report a wildfire or open burning violation, call 1 800 663-5555 toll-free or *5555 on a cellphone. For the latest information on current wildfire activity, burning restrictions, road closures and air quality advisories, go to: http://www.bcwildfire.ca

You can also follow the latest wildfire news:

* On Twitter: http://twitter.com/BCGovFireInfo

* On Facebook: http://facebook.com/BCForestFireInfo

Natasha Broznitsky
    Fire Information Officer
    BC Wildfire Service
    Cariboo Fire Centre
    778 799-2101

Connect with the Province of B.C. at: www.gov.bc.ca/connect
    Fire Centre Bulletin 2846
    I saw this notice with a few additional
    points.

E and F

I read it as the guides can hunt within their commercial activities.
    Backcountry closed in the Cariboo

WILLIAMS LAKE - Effective at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 11, 2017 all Crown land within the Cariboo Fire Centre is closed to public access due to the continued extreme fire danger and the number of active wildfires throughout the region.
    High winds are expected to increase fire activity over the next few days.

A map of the affected areas is here: http://ow.ly/SFhP30elHuP

The area restriction order means that a person must not remain in or enter the restricted area without the prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, unless the person enters the area in the course of:

a) travelling to or from his or her principal residence, that is not under an evacuation order;
    b) using a highway as defined in the Transportation Act;
    c) travelling as a person acting in an official capacity;
    d) travelling for the purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities;
    e) engaging in a commercial activity within the regular course of the person's business or employment; or,
    f) participating in a commercial activity that a person described in (e) provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Good2bCanadian View Post
    I saw this notice with a few additional
    points.

E and F

I read it as the guides can hunt within their commercial activities.
    Backcountry closed in the Cariboo

WILLIAMS LAKE - Effective at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 11, 2017 all Crown land within the Cariboo Fire Centre is closed to public access due to the continued extreme fire danger and the number of active wildfires throughout the region.
    High winds are expected to increase fire activity over the next few days.

A map of the affected areas is here: http://ow.ly/SFhP30elHuP

The area restriction order means that a person must not remain in or enter the restricted area without the prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, unless the person enters the area in the course of:

a) travelling to or from his or her principal residence, that is not under an evacuation order;
    b) using a highway as defined in the Transportation Act;
    c) travelling as a person acting in an official capacity;
    d) travelling for the purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities;
    e) engaging in a commercial activity within the regular course of the person's business or employment; or,
    f) participating in a commercial activity that a person described in (e) provides.

That's how most public land closures work.
    Close a road to the public, the outfitter can still use it.
    Close a forest to the public, the outfitter can still operate in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    That's how most public land closures work.
    Close a road to the public, the outfitter can still use it.
    Close a forest to the public, the outfitter can still operate in there.
    Wow, that wouldn't be right, fair, or equitable. And no surprise with the dippers making the rules.

Nice that the natives and go's can still access area that we can't....

Quote Originally Posted by tipper View Post
    Nice that the natives and go's can still access area that we can't....
    Two tier hunting for the wealthy people hiring guides?
    When in doubt, just pin it.