Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: sheep hunt made me sick.

Re: sheep hunt made me sick.

I have been thinking about this alot... Did these people fly back out for sure? Looks like an effort was make to pack the meat out and heads. Why would they leave it? Why would they leave a rifle? What else was left behind? Is it possible they got hurt some where and couldnt return to packs? Im not sticking up at all for these people, just doesnt seem right....

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    Hang onto your panties boys, I've seen the pics and heard the story first hand from Pro's partner. If anything, the events posted by the OP are cast in a better light than actual events.
    I understand posting pics isn't easy.
    Now that someone of credibility has actually seen the pics I'm inclined to believe the OP story. Hard to believe such a bizarre story without proof.
    Now I'm wondering why didn't the CO persue an investigation? No matter who the perps are as there were 2 offences committed and I would think that law enforcement would be all over it, isn't that what they do?

Should have threw rifle in lake just for good measure..
    "Forty yards n closin"

Quote Originally Posted by scottwh View Post
    I have been thinking about this alot... Did these people fly back out for sure? Looks like an effort was make to pack the meat out and heads. Why would they leave it? Why would they leave a rifle? What else was left behind? Is it possible they got hurt some where and couldnt return to packs? Im not sticking up at all for these people, just doesnt seem right....
    You get hurt with two rams worth of meat you call the CO and have it recovered; such a shame to waste it, and to be find in firearm violation too. Any one of you people here do that at hunting camp and you're found ...you know what happens, right?
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    You get hurt with two rams worth of meat you call the CO and have it recovered; such a shame to waste it, and to be find in firearm violation too. Any one of you people here do that at hunting camp and you're found ...you know what happens, right?
    I agree. But my point was, were they still up there? Did the for sure get flown back out?

Quote Originally Posted by scottwh View Post
    I agree. But my point was, were they still up there? Did the for sure get flown back out?
    You are correct to have concerns and ask those questions. Obviously they would not have left them there. Likely stashed and headed off with packs and one gun to retrieve second load. Maybe something did happen....bear encounter, lost, etc. It is right to be concerned when something doesn't seem right. Sounds like enough folks were notified that we will hear the rest of the story soon enuf.
    …..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Interesting still NO pictures ? RJ

I for one don't think the op came on here trying to prove something. Pretty sure he was just sharing his story. If you dont want to believe him just cause he hasnt posted pics thats your own choice. Sure seems to be alot of private investagors on here lol

Good day folks. I made an account just to respond to this thread. Long time lurker here - as in many years. I have lived all over the north and have had many interactions with native hunters and guide outfitters. What has been described is quite odd. Not saying it is impossible, just odd

Ask yourselves - when was the last time you had an encounter with a native who had flown in by float plane? When was the last time you had an encounter with a native who had a Tika rifle? When was the last time you had an encounter with a person who back packed all the meat and horns to a lake and then just left it? The hard work was done by that point

Now go back and re-read the story and see where the allegation that it was natives first came from. Now, what does your common sense interpretation of the facts (as described) lead you to

Just a thought, maybe it wasn't a native hunter.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bchunt View Post
    Good day folks. I made an account just to respond to this thread. Long time lurker here - as in many years. I have lived all over the north and have had many interactions with native hunters and guide outfitters. What has been described is quite odd. Not saying it is impossible, just odd

Ask yourselves - when was the last time you had an encounter with a native who had flown in by float plane? When was the last time you had an encounter with a native who had a Tika rifle? When was the last time you had an encounter with a person who back packed all the meat and horns to a lake and then just left it? The hard work was done by that point

Now go back and re-read the story and see where the allegation that it was natives first came from. Now, what does your common sense interpretation of the facts (as described) lead you to

Just a thought, maybe it wasn't a native hunter.......
    wow, a guy tells the story of his hunt and isn't able to post pictures or specifics yet and look out the consperacy theorists are out in full force. Last time I saw a native with a tikka, hmmmm not sure what this means, readily sold gun I think, float planes???? Don't natives ride in float planes, lol, I too have heard this story first hand too and from about as straight of a shooter as a guy gets. What my common sense interpretation of the facts tells me is maybe for your first post should've been a joke.