Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: sheep hunt made me sick.

Re: sheep hunt made me sick.

Did those suckers fly back out or did Mother Nature take care of them back in the bush somewhere? My wife suggested that maybe some grizz got them or they fell off a cliff and are now one with the earth. Who TF would leave a Tikka T3 in the bush as well as all the meat?
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Man I would have kept the rifle for sure! Post the pics, send the story to the press! Thanks
    Im not a tikka guy, but I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    Did those suckers fly back out or did Mother Nature take care of them back in the bush somewhere? My wife suggested that maybe some grizz got them or they fell off a cliff and are now one with the earth. Who TF would leave a Tikka T3 in the bush as well as all the meat?
    was at lakeside hiden under some buckbrush. Hornady sst 300win mag . non in the pipe two in the clip.

was gonna take more photos but the hair was up on the back of my neck . lol. pretty sure i was being glassed from somewhere in the area not far away. Had my 13 year old boy with me so i was happy actually not to have met them in person .

Quote Originally Posted by Glenny View Post
    Did you keep the gun?
    You beat me to it.......
    That would have got there attention.....you know...start walking away with the rifle...

As for the OP....not surprised one bit....and no one will get any punishment.....certainly not from the band council.
    They'll just say....looking into it, and will be dealt with.
    Unless these actions actually created loss to the band and their interests....nothing will happen.
    Sorry for the bad experience....just had issues also with a band while out fishing...never going to spend a penny in
    that valley again either (which band....the ones at fountain lake near Lillooet....whatever the hell they call themselves...
    couldn't care less anymore)..

wildlife offences need to be dealt with much more severely!!!! One country one law for all. Whether your a native, resident hunter, guide outfitter, or a god damn poacher. This crap has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by pro 111 View Post
    was at lakeside hiden under some buckbrush. Hornady sst 300win mag . non in the pipe two in the clip.
    You by chance grab the serial number off of the rifle? I know that could be tricky touching someone's firearm . . . but that might help "clear" things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
    Experienced something similar to this story last year in northern Alberta. person or persons where driving around shooting moose and leaving them dead in the fields between the Barrhead Marathorp White court area. if I remember last report I heard was eight animals found. CO's where desperately seeking information on the local radio stations. we had lunch at a local cafe in Fort Assinaboid, lots of finger pointing and accusitions being made. The locals seemed to have a pretty good idea who the culprits where as it seemed to be happening in the Fall for the few years. Sick!.and I'll just leave it at that.
    Some of my old stomping grounds, AB record Whitetail shot in Ft Assiniboine area some years back, don't know if it still stands.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Some of my old stomping grounds, AB record Whitetail shot in Ft Assiniboine area some years back, don't know if it still stands.
    Hmmm...my father inlaw has a place up there...

Pretty sure leaving a gun out is a violation.