Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: region 5 hunting season 2017

Re: region 5 hunting season 2017

Yes, eliminating moose from the equation, may be plausible etc.
    I guess I come from the opinion that this may not be as bad as it seems.
    In the end, I think a lot of hunters will nit enjoy the success this season as they may have hoped for under
    normal situations etc.
    This will all work out in my opinion....and for the best....maybe just not right this second.

I agree. Time for a 1 year suspension of all hunting in region 5. How can we move this forward?

Might as well do region 3 and 7 while were at it....

The only way this would be palatable is if the draws people waited 10 years for were carried over to next year. You implying the people who waited 10 years to be drawn just get thrown under the bus is not very sporting.
    I wonder how many opinions are coming from people who have no involvement in this area.
    I wonder if the decisions will be made by knowledge and not emotion.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Moose draw reg 5....likely never get another one. Yes much of region 5 is on fire but it is a big area. Much of reg 3 is on fire as well but another big area. State of emergency and backcountry bans...i guess the fair thing to do is shut it all down in those areas if no relief by middle of Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Moose draw reg 5....likely never get another one. Yes much of region 5 is on fire but it is a big area. Much of reg 3 is on fire as well but another big area. State of emergency and backcountry bans...i guess the fair thing to do is shut it all down in those areas if no relief by middle of Sept.
    almost nothing in region 3 is burning really...
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Don't shut the regions down for hunting, that will just shift even more pressure into regions 4 and 8....but I'd say leave the vehicle restriction in place for a while as in no going off the main FSR's for a while into the season, in the fire affected areas...

Hmmm did a drive out west tonight. .saw 5 amazing cali big horns in a place I knew them to be up to 5 years ago..biggest? 150..
    Talked to a couple of individuals who have been in the fire zone in last 2 days..

I was wrong.let me repeat some of y concerns.there is som e green showing up in the burned out areas that cooled down 10 days ago.not much but some, not enough for even a few deer but a g reat sign for the future.
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm did a drive out west tonight. .saw 5 amazing cali big horns in a place I knew them to be up to 5 years ago..biggest? 150..
    Talked to a couple of individuals who have been in the fire zone in last 2 days..

I was wrong.let me repeat some of y concerns.there is som e green showing up in the burned out areas that cooled down 10 days ago.not much but some, not enough for even a few deer but a g reat sign for the future.
    Steven
    Don't think Staffords would let anyone shoot those sheep if there was a season Steven. Lol

Ha ha morning Dave not Billies place..lol actually not even a deer a his ranch.
    The part i found useful incredible that some green has started just weeks after the area cool.
    Lots has cooled but in deep ash no growth yet.
    However my concerns In some areas was WRONG.thankfuly.
    Be careful out there Dave.
    Billies sheep should show up on schedule after sept 1.
    Cheers
    Steven