Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets all create more wildlife together as a team

Re: Lets all create more wildlife together as a team

Harry, in my opinion group holding the stacked deck right now is the FN. If we could make them allies instead of scape goats our battle would be half over.

^^^^right, so how we going to go about doing that?? Do we plea for their (FN's) help through the BCWF? Where is the BCWF in all of this?? Maybe they should be asking the new government on our behalf why did the Libs pledge this extra $$ toward wildlife and habitat, and they aren't?? If the Green Party is so green, you would think they would be on board...
    Last edited by HarryToolips; 08-05-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Funding for the ministry is about $18 million annually from general revenue.

The $2 million from tags goes to HCTF. The rest goes to general revenue.

The funding model adopted by the Liberals would see the $18 million continue to the ministry from general revenue, and the other $10 million or so of tag revenue go to the wildlife agency.

Net gain to wildlife: $10 million.

The only party to commit to the wildlife agency was the Liberals, the rest just said tag revenue should fund wildlife...which it kind of already does. There was no commitment by the NDGreens to increase funding by $10 million.
    HCTF = habitat conservation trust fund??? What a pi$$ off, I swear I heard before the election results were declared that all parties agreed to that, hence it wasn't necessarily a positive platform for just the Libs..

Well I guess we all better start flooding em with emails folks....we need to let them know how important this funding is to us, and that wildlife in BC is one of the things that is supposed to make BC unique..

premier@gov.bc.ca

People that want to ban guides are idiots. They want to make a living and we want to as well.! Pretty simple
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Ive been online reading more about allocation policy etc. what a mess.
    Last edited by hoochie; 08-06-2017 at 06:23 AM.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

What a mess is right, and there are some huge issue's of trust with the parties involved.

I dont want money collected from resident hunters or money collected in any way used for road de-activation....
    let the forest companies pay for it....that can be there contribution to wildlife in this province. Instead of taking some of the forest companies should spend a few bucks (and its a drop in the bucket) and give a little back.
    Vehicle restrictions.....too big an area to enforce...deactivate so even a quad cant get through and the only access is with 2 legs.

If you want more deer moose and elk, start by reducing the bears and wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    People that want to ban guides are idiots. They want to make a living and we want to as well.! Pretty simple
    I agree, and this thread is about us all working together, let's deal with getting the standard 90/10 split later...first we need funding to run a funding model..

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    What a mess is right, and there are some huge issue's of trust with the parties involved.

I dont want money collected from resident hunters or money collected in any way used for road de-activation....
    let the forest companies pay for it....that can be there contribution to wildlife in this province. Instead of taking some of the forest companies should spend a few bucks (and its a drop in the bucket) and give a little back.
    Vehicle restrictions.....too big an area to enforce...deactivate so even a quad cant get through and the only access is with 2 legs.
    I agree..we already don't have enough CO's, definitely not enough to enforce access restrictions...start deactivating roads, and yes getting logging companies to do it would make sense..