Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6-29 grizzly bear

6-29 grizzly bear

got the leh for 6-29 no clue on the area anyone fill me in.
    thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 6-29 grizzly bear

Have done hunts in Aug and Oct up there.......see a few in the early hunt!! Come the late hunt, they were on every hillside! Absolutely gorgeous, beautiful country with some wild weather. Long ways away from home for you!PM any other questions!
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

anyone know the access around this zone ?

Quote Originally Posted by b.c hunter 88 View Post
    anyone know the access around this zone ?
    Highway on the eastern boundary and a <200m road that gets you to a river crossing and that's it for motor vehicles. After that it foot or horse travel only. You glass a ton and far from the highway but you have to go on foot.

Bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Lots of bears..high concentration..
    Srupp

Sweet Mother of North, you're going for the win
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

thanks guys
    it was a random draw after my first two picks failed but thinking aug ill moose hunt and sept 10 my caribou draw opens so end of aug early sept might just gotta give it a go long drive 2300 km each way.

i'm pulling the pin on all my other hunts and heading to 6 29 for a grizzly and moose.
    anyone have pics or info wear i can camp.
    thanks

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

Million Dollar Falls Territorial Park is just inside of the YT/BC border. Not a bad place to stage out of- YT parks put BC Parks campsites to shame... and no one will give a shit that you're bear hunting. After that there is a road on your left as you cross the bridge on the Blanchard River. Puts you off the highway. A little further down the road is Kelsall Lake, you'll see a big gravel pit on the left. 6-28 but your zone is across the street. Lots of room to park. Not a ton of off the road camping but lots of glassing from the road and fairly easy hiking to gain elevation.

Shoot me a PM if you want.

RC

Left after the Blanchard River bridge:

Last edited by Tuffcity; 08-15-2017 at 08:06 PM.

what are you camping in? I believe there is an area at kelsall lake, and there is always the tat at Dalton post, few little spots there, can get a camper into them, depending on when you are going salmon should be in the tat around 2nd week of sept , the tat and Dalton post are in YT, but short drive to 6-29, we will be in 6-29 from the 12th to 22nd of sept, I'm counting sleeps, my pack is loaded and ready a total of 60lbs, flights are booked, hotel is booked, tags and licenses are bought, gun is sighted in,