Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Bike Hunting

Re: Mountain Bike Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Where does the reach of the trailer attach to the bike, on the bolt of the back hub some how? I have been researching mountain bikes and trailers for the last couple of months and I will not buy a bike until I find a suitable hunting trailer for it, this is interesting.
    I chose this one because it attaches to the rear wheel axle. You just easily install a bracket and attach and detach the trailer as needed with a pin. The mount is made of a durable rubber that can take a lot of abuse. I have used the trailer for two years now and its pretty rugged. It can be seen on my profile picture all loaded up.

What do you guys do on hardcore climbs? When I raced XC I loved grinding out a big climb, but some of the roads I walk up for access woukd have killed me back then, let alone now, early in the morning, in the rain, with a trailer!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    What do you guys do on hardcore climbs? When I raced XC I loved grinding out a big climb, but some of the roads I walk up for access woukd have killed me back then, let alone now, early in the morning, in the rain, with a trailer!
    When I come to a big hill, especially a rocky one, there is no choice but to walk it and haul the bike and trailer along. The only plus side is riding on the way down takes a fraction of the time it would to hoof it down.

Quote Originally Posted by bornhunter View Post
    When I come to a big hill, especially a rocky one, there is no choice but to walk it and haul the bike and trailer along. The only plus side is riding on the way down takes a fraction of the time it would to hoof it down.
    Bingo!....

Especially if your lucky enough to be packing out 100lbs plus of meat, with your pack on your back...
    Last edited by Ohwildwon; 08-07-2017 at 07:21 PM.
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Laurp99 View Post
    I recently purchased a fat tire eBike just for the purpose of getting out deep into the wilderness for my hunting and fishing pursuits.
    The 1000W motor and battery is capable of 100km per charge and I have four batteries, top speed on motor alone is over 50km/hr.
    I already have a rifle scabbard and a fat tire trailer is on order from Amazon, more pics to follow once everything is set up!

Thats sounds like a pretty sweet set up bud...let us know how she works out later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 4blade View Post
    Has a 1000w motor does this disqualify it for roads non motorized vehicle restriction
    Motorized bicycles used in road closures must be pedal assist only. That is, the motor only comes on when you are pedaling. They must not even have an option to run the motor on it's own without pedaling. Make sure you do your research!

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    That looks like a great setup. I've been wondering when I was going to hear about hunting on e-bikes. Iirc, they still qualify as bicycles because they are pedal-assist.

Does it have clicky hubs? That noise when descending without pedalling sounds cool on a mountain bike trail but would drive me nuts hunting.

No, it's Ninja silent.
    The only real noise is the noise generated by the 4" fat tires, sounds like a killer swarm of locusts on pavement but should be fairly quite on dirt roads.

My trailer should arrive tomorrow! I really need to test everything before hunting season. Damn forest fires, they just might close all the roads to the backcountry, in that case I'll just ride around Metrotown or Stanley Park, with my .308 in the Scabbard and a deer carcass on the trailer!
    Last edited by Laurp99; 08-10-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slowjo View Post
    Motorized bicycles used in road closures must be pedal assist only. That is, the motor only comes on when you are pedaling. They must not even have an option to run the motor on it's own without pedaling. Make sure you do your research!
    slowjo, that makes sense. I've sent a question a week ago to the conservation officer service about the legality of e-bikes in vehicle closed areas for hunting. I received an email yesterday stating they are looking into my query and will get back to me with a response. I'll post the response when I get it.

Toad, love that picture!!!! That area looks very familiar

Quote Originally Posted by Laurp99 View Post
    No, it's Ninja silent.
    The only real noise is the noise generated by the 4" fat tires, sounds like a killer swarm of locusts on pavement but should be fairly quite on dirt roads.

My trailer should arrive tomorrow! I really need to test everything before hunting season. Damn forest fires, they just might close all the roads to the backcountry, in that case I'll just ride around Metrotown or Stanley Park, with my .308 in the Scabbard and a deer carcass on the trailer!
    Why the fat tires? We ran 3" Gazzy's way back when and they made it AWFUL to pedal. Tirning wasnt so groovy either. I keep seeing these fat tire bikes around, aren't those tire and wheel set ups heavy as all hell? Why not run a typical 2.1 Or 2.3?

Not trying to hack you guys down, I'm just curious about something that doesn't make sense to me.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.