Thread: Greenhead Decoys?

Greenhead Decoys?

Just wandering if any one has ever used green hear gear decoys, did you like them? how do they stand up, how do the ducks tend to them?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Greenhead Decoys?

We've never had any real problems with ours and have had great customer service, the only time one flocked head split down the middle, they shipped a replacement one for something like 4 bucks. I don't think there is a better deal then their dozen hot-buy mallards for something like 25 bucks, we've beat on them all year just throwing them back into a bag everytime and they're holding up better then I could wish for, I think we're gonna buy another dozen hotbuys mallards then one dozen of their mixed bag of a couple pintails/wigeons/teal. GhG pretty much makes a decoy for any duck you want and are at a pretty good price, We dont have any fullbody ducks ones for field hunting but I've only ever heard great reviews about them from others. They say the ducks react really well to them.

As for their goose decoys it starts to get pretty expensive when buying alot of fullbodies, then you can buy the 6 slot bags to carry them all and when you have around 4 dozen fullbodies the price really stacks up. Do you need the fullbodies? no, shells and silos can work just as good but we use what we think will work best in the areas we hunt. We have bags for all our fullbodies when you tow them around in a trailer it extends the life of the decoy quite a bit and its basically protecting your investment. Who wants to have to buy more decoys in a couple years after wrecking all your old ones.

GHG is under the Avery company and I dont have too much negative to say about either company. I think you'll be pleased with whatever decoys you buy from them. Heres a picture of all the decoys we have out on the lawn, 12 ghg fullbody lesser feeders, 12 ghg oversize goose shells, 18 various ghg fullbody feeders, lookers & actives, 2 dozen silos, and a dozen other shells. Hope all this helps.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 08-26-2008 at 08:20 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

I agree with the farmer, I've been using Green head Gear decoys for a couple of years now and they work well and stand up to abuse. I've been using a mix of their regular size and the hot buys for ducks and the birds seem to like them.
    Dave

I have a dozen of the standard mallard decoys. Used them 2 years and they are holding up great. The keel is well designed, the anchor lines wrap around them and have a decent spot to hold the line.

Buddi doing what she does best!

I use Greanhead Gear hot buy mallards. Excellent detail and quality. Indestructible and paint holds very well. Can't go wrong for $25 a dozen.

Where are you guys picking your GHG deke's?
    When I works, I works hard; when I sits, I sits loose; and when I thinks, I falls asleep.

Order them from Cabela's.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Order them from Cabela's.
    Thanx jethro
    When I works, I works hard; when I sits, I sits loose; and when I thinks, I falls asleep.