Thread: Question about Fraser Valley no shooting area

Question about Fraser Valley no shooting area

Hey guys, does anyone know for sure if bows/crossbows are permitted or not permitted within the Fraser Valley no shooting area? To be considered a firearm the projectile has to be travelling more than 500 fps?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Question about Fraser Valley no shooting area

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone know for sure if bows/crossbows are permitted or not permitted within the Fraser Valley no shooting area? To be considered a firearm the projectile has to be travelling more than 500 fps?
    No shooting does not apply to archery gear

just apply common sense and safety in mind when hunting these areas. Often they are no shooting do to the use of a firearm being questionable for safety reasons. Arrows/bolts still travel a good ways and a deer dying on someone's property you don't have permission on can be a headache.

Also check municipal laws turn no shooting areas into no hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    No shooting does not apply to archery gear

just apply common sense and safety in mind when hunting these areas. Often they are no shooting do to the use of a firearm being questionable for safety reasons. Arrows/bolts still travel a good ways and a deer dying on someone's property you don't have permission on can be a headache.

Also check municipal laws turn no shooting areas into no hunting
    Sorry I should have elaborated, I'm asking because I'd like to target practice with crossbow and bows in some of the affected areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    Sorry I should have elaborated, I'm asking because I'd like to target practice with crossbow and bows in some of the affected areas.
    Should be no issue I used to target shoot in a residential area in the lower mainland. It was on private property and safety and a good back stop were used

I was visited by the RCMP once do to a complaint and they deemed my actions safe and was never bothered again

Still check municipal laws and when in doubt ask the local RCMP because in the end if you are in the wrong that is who will visit you