Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: haida gwaii

haida gwaii

Has anyone ever used a meat packing/shipping service for fish and possibly game on haida qwaii.......Obvi there will be a place that does fish just seeing what you recommend

2. Site Sponsor

Re: haida gwaii

I have used Baru in QC city for Deer

as far as fish goes I only have fished from a lodge on HG so they did all the wrapping and freezing for me
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

There's a big place to process your fish and if you need deer cut as well it's possible. I know a few people, Barry Windecker being one of them.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Could a person have the deer cut then transport it home using a freezer in the bed of the truck with either an inverter or generator? I'd love to go up there, but not sure how to get the meat home.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Could a person have the deer cut then transport it home using a freezer in the bed of the truck with either an inverter or generator? I'd love to go up there, but not sure how to get the meat home.
    It's illegal to remove evidence of sex until you bring it home or drop it off at a licenced butcher.

It would be pretty easy to set up a grinder and freezer at camp and go all Sweeney Todd on the deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    It's illegal to remove evidence of sex until you bring it home or drop it off at a licenced butcher.
    yes, have the deer cut at a licenced butcher.

yes, have the deer cut at a licenced butcher.
    Then it's totally viable to put a couple of chest freezers and a generator in the box of your pickup. Just keep your paperwork handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Then it's totally viable to put a couple of chest freezers and a generator in the box of your pickup. Just keep your paperwork handy.
    Awesome, thanks. Long season up there, and it's much less expensive of a ferry trip off-season. 15 deer (retriever sized) limit, Lol.

Awesome, thanks. Long season up there, and it's much less expensive of a ferry trip off-season. 15 deer (retriever sized) limit, Lol.
    Person can drive a long ways for what it costs to take that ferry.

15 deer is correct but possession is 5 at a time. Also in Nov BC ferries has a half price sale for vehicles.